Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Hybrid View

How can I setup Icon for Host Button?

I do not know if this is question for client, or server. But basically, the problem is this:

As a ServerAdmin I right-click on virtual server, then "Edit Virtual Server", then click on "more" and tab "Host". At the very bottom there is "Host Button". I can set-up Tooltip and URL, but I can not define "Icon URL".

First of all, I do not know which format should it be in (ico, bmp, jpg, png?). Anyway, I tried all of them, with valid url (checked it in web-browser window), but the Icon simply does not show in TS-client (I suppose it should be on the main TS windows, top right corner, instead of that "house with question mark").

Is this function actually implemented? How should that "Icon URL:" look like? Do I have to upload the icon to TS3-server first? Or can it be on any other web-server?

Do you have the permission b_virtualserver_modify_hostbutton

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    Do you have the permission b_virtualserver_modify_hostbutton
    Yes, I do have b_virtualserver_modify_hostbutton permission (and also b_virtualserver_modify_hostmessage and b_virtualserver_modify_hostbanner). But if I enter "Icon URL:", I can not see any icon. Yet when I open the same URL in web-browser, that icon is visible...

with no icon url entered do you see the hostbutton in the top right of your client?

Yes I see it. And when I click on it, web-browser opens and shows the page I have entered in "URL:". But no matter what I have entered (or not entered) in "Icon URL:", the picture remains always the same...

I tried it now: Picked up one of those 24x24px icons, uploaded to web-server. Checked with web-browser, icon shows up correctly. Copy url from web-browser & paste it to TS3 in "Edit Virtual Server -> Icon URL:", and nothing. Host-button still shows that default picture (small house with question mark inside), not the icon I selected... :-(

Thread Information