Forum

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Wink

Thanks, that works like a charm. Thanks !

Can I stop someone to change his nickname.

Can I stop someone to change his nickname.

No but you can restrict what it can be but this is for all on the server not just an individual.

Question prohibit special characters

Hello, is there a way to prohibit special characters in nickname.

mfg

Is there ever going to be an option implemented where you can disallow users from changing their nickname? I've ploughed through this forum before and thought I read that this was on a to do list. But I could be mistaken. We're in need of such an option. I can write a service that repeatedly checks the nickname and changes it back, but that's not how I would like to solve it.

[EDIT]
    Actually, there's no use for writing such a service, as it seems that it can't be enforced server side. The server ought to be master of data and operations. It decides how things go. I deem it highly undesirable that a client application supersedes the server. The server needs to be the enforcer, at all times!
    Last edited by BSpruit; October 28th, 2011 at 12:40 AM.

Question Self-rename can't be prevented?

Here is a question. How can I turn off self-rename feature?
    I'm afraid of situation, when users can rename self in similar nickname and will speak from another users name.
    Example:
    PrankGuy =renamed> Usеr1 : lol spam spam
    User1 : wtf!?

In first look there is similar nicknames, but PrankGuy used 'е' in another language. Yep, they looks the same.

So, how can I prevent this situation? It'is very important. Ban pranker will not solve anything if he allready did badmouth job. This can be just a prank or disinformation with all aftermaths that can't be undone.

*** Thread Merged, similar question ***

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    PatPeter.* would ban anyone named "PatPeter" and "PatPeterxxxx" or "PatPeter " .

I would suggest to ban it like that .*[Pp][aA][tT][Pp][eE][tT][eE][rR].* , it means the name is forbidden in big and small letters. It also forbids to use a character in fornt and behind the nickname.
    This not solve anything.
    I have 450~ users online. And over 1.5k registred. Make ban rights for all? And include all language letters, who looks the same? And what about situation, when my moderator will want ban any user?
    Last edited by dante696; August 7th, 2012 at 10:29 AM.

Why do you want to ban and protect all user names :-(
    I can't help here, you should protect your real admins and not every users.
    Last edited by dante696; February 14th, 2012 at 09:31 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Id <attach> Nickname <attach> Roles

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Why do you want to ban and protect al lsuer names :-(
    I can't help here, you should protect your real admins and not every users.
    Admins, users,moderators. They are equal. No one should speak from another nickname.
    Ok. I can't deny change nickname. This is epic fail.
    Let's try another way.
    Can users attach nickname to unique identifier? I mean, if they connected to server with 'nickname' once, they attach they unique identifier to that nickname. And if someone will to use this nickname, he will get 'nickname1'. Even if 'nickname' currenly offline.
    And, can we add group/channel roles to nickname(not ID)? I mean, if i enter on server with 'nickname' i can speak or whatever, but if i entered on server with 'nickname_changed' i can't do anything. Is this possible?

Exclamation

Up to first page. Waiting for reply.
    It's very important question.

All the permission system works with the identities.
    So it's not possible on a nickname instead an identity (it makes no sens in this case).

So, there is no way to protect ALL my users from prank or disinformation?

So for your users you can attribe a server group (just for the rank name or icon) like a "registered" group.
    And if you see a user without this groups, you will know that it's a guest/unknow people.

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    So for your users you can attribe a server group (just for the rank name or icon) like a "registered" group.
    And if you see a user without this groups, you will know that it's a guest/unknow people.
    Already done that. Thanks. It helps a lot, and users likes icons, but there is still a possibility, to rename to users nickname from your group.

Question Ban a Nickname - What was the syntax again ?

Hi guys,

i am sorry to ask something that has probably been explained here before. I know I asked it some time ago but I just don't find the Post anymore. So many posts about banning but not that what i was looking for, with an example.

What I want to do (again) is to ban a few Nicknames from certain users on my Server. But Ban as in protecting from others trying to use their nicknames and impersonate others. I remember, I had the "ignore ban" with these people set up before, so they could connect with their names, but noone else could use it.

And I knew how to set that with a regular expression etc. so that it would work. But again, I forgot it and don't find the post anymore.

Could someone give me an example how it would be like if for example the name would be:

THL-Wolfseye

How would the exact syntax be if I want to ban this or similiar Nicknames on my server except for myself ?

Thanks up front, and again sorry for asking something probably known.

Cheers

Wolfseye

Thread Information