Forum

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Restrict IP as a name use

how to prohibit the use of IP as a name

i need help

excuse me i have qestion i got a Teamspeak i rent it long time ago but am facing something maybe werid lol but i need ur help guys for example i renamed the server admin group AS Owner so for example my name will be if i want lets say [Owner] Marco but in fact anyone also can make this nickname throw the connect Option buy typing on the keyboard the slash's and put his name and then connect so what i need to know is there any option can prevent users from doing this custome names like [server admin] or [admin] except the real owner and admins? is there any option to prevent this from users to replicate the nick names like admins and owners? aka [hshs] then name and thanks !!
    Last edited by dante696; June 20th, 2016 at 10:19 AM. Reason: merged

You could add a Ban Rule with Regular Expression

This would look like so:

in Field Name you Enter this > "\[(A|a)dmin\].{0,}" without exclamation Marks of course
    and in the Dropdown field below you use "Regular Expression" This would ban everyone with the Names
    [Admin]SomeNick
    [admin] Somenickname
    [Admin] Smthing else

They are not really banned, they will get unbanned after they changed their Nickname
    I am not aware how to do a recursive Check like its actually possible with "/\[admin\].{0,}/i"

Restrict Special Characters

Ok, so before you merge this with another topic, hear me out. I have looked at countless other threads. My issue is that I have permissions names that appear before your name on teamspeak. So if you're a mod, then it appears as [Moderator] Name
    Now my issue is that people are able to just change their name to this. I want to ban the square brackets forever. Note: forever. I have tried the banning method, but it seems to ban 1 person, then remove itself as a rule. Is their some way to change this? Also, they found a loophole. That putting text within the brackets, doesn't allow the server to pick it up. I need someone to take me through on how to ban the [ and ] forever. But if they put text between it, it does the same thing

Just ban this as a regular expression and only user with permission b_client_ignore_bans enabled will be able to use brackets in their name.
    Code:
    .*(\[|\]).*
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Regular expressions syntax

Hi,

I'm struggling with regex bans - i have worked with regex a lot of times, but it seems that TS3 defaults are different to all regex engines I used so far.

Is there any way to switch on/off the case sensitivity, almost all regex engines support this?

It is quite awkward having to use [Pp][Ee][Tt][Ee][Rr] instead of simply write peter to ban all possible variations of Peter.

Why do I have to add .* in front and behind the regex to make it match a substring, this is not neccesary.

e.g. to match "mot" in Automotive I have to use .*mot.* - normally I would just use mot

Is there any technical information which regex engine is actually used by Teamspeak server so I can look up the proper syntax?

Tom
    Last edited by dante696; November 3rd, 2016 at 10:53 AM. Reason: merged

The most used default Regexpression works the way we use it and does not offer case insensitive expressions.
    See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_expression

You do not have to add .* in any ban, but it's needed to avoid that user mot can't just add something in front or behind his nickname like abcmot.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Right, I've had a look through this thread and I've tried to understand but TeamSpeak is being a nonce and its not letting me use some of the regex patterns I've found online.

I want to ban nicknames which include any instance of these words:

bot
    admin
    informator

ANY instance is ANY instance - whether it be part of the nickname, the nickname itself or what have you.

I'd like this to include spaces between the given letters etc.

What would be the best way to achieve this via TeamSpeak?

Thanks in advance and soz for being a noob

Hello guys!

Got a few people which come to my server pretending that they are admins/bots and sending messages to the user that the server is moving to another IP...
    I already added:
    .*[Aa][dD][mM][iI][nN].*
    .*[Aa][dD][mM][iI][nN][iI][sS][tT][rR][aA][tT][oO][rR].*
    .*[Mm][oO0][dD].*
    .*[Mm][oO0][dD][eE][rR][aA][tT][oO][rR].*
    .*[Oo0][wW][nN][eE][rR].*
    But they are clever and they keep coming with usernames like "Server Bot Info"
    After that I add .*[Bb][oO0][tT7].* but was unable to add:
    .*[Ss][eE][rR][vV][eE][rR].*
    the server says "invalid parameter"

Any suggestion?!

Thanks!

Edit: Solved! Tried a few minutes later and it worked!
    Last edited by Neytrex; January 31st, 2017 at 05:39 PM.

Banning by specific string

Hi,

I have several users that use my TS, now i dont want to ban them entirely but they seem to think its funny when adding the server groups to the beginning or end of their names.

I want to know if there's a way to ban a partial or specific string from teamspeak.

I have tried with no luck.

For example if the username is Revenge and he has made is name [Owner] Revenge, how do i ban the [Owner] part?

Regards
    Last edited by dante696; May 2nd, 2017 at 10:17 AM. Reason: merged

Add following banrule for Name as a reg expression.
    Code:
    .*[\[\]].*
    This does not allow to use [ or ] in a nickname.

Question Ban nicknames containing string "admin"

Hello,

I would like to create regular expression which match any nickname containing string "admin". So I would like to match nicknames like:

admin, ADMIN, SERVER ADMIN, AdmIn, aDmin, aAdmiN_, adminnn, etc.. so ANY nickname containing string name (case insensitive).

This is my try:
    http://regexr.com/3g2gu

On webpage it works, but on TeamSpeak server no.

.*[Aa4][Dd][Mm][Ii1][Nn].*

Joxvjoxvjlxvjvx

Thank you very much

Oh JESUS !
    This damn Cloudflare destroy my thread !!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !

@Tomsk: For banning all "Admin" character in name use:

.*[Aa4][Dd][Mm][Ii1][Nn]+.*
    The + indicate that 'Adminnnn' get also banned. + The character before the brackets needs at least on time occurrence and have no limits. e.g. Admin, Adminnn, Adminnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn etc. pp

Thread Information