Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    I recompiled the source with the new SDK and API version 17, so, go nuts. This is the same code as the previous version, just recompiled for the new TeamSpeak clients, so an official release would trump this, especially if it's got updates or anything. Anyhow, here you go: https://mpql.net/files/uploads/ts3_mass_mover.zip .

Quote Originally Posted by Mopquill View Post
    I recompiled the source with the new SDK and API version 17, so, go nuts. This is the same code as the previous version, just recompiled for the new TeamSpeak clients, so an official release would trump this, especially if it's got updates or anything. Anyhow, here you go: https://mpql.net/files/uploads/ts3_mass_mover.zip .

Thank you .. I love you xD

No problem. =]

Someone already has the latest version for the API18?

Ooh, they deleted that guy's post. You know that's not nice, TeamSpeak -- you shouldn't delete things just because you don't like what they're saying, especially if it's a valid criticism.

In any event, same deal as last time: it's compiled with the new TeamSpeak Plugin SDK, API version updated to 18. I guess I'll be maintaining this now since it looks like Mr. S hasn't touched it since his first (and only) update. If anyone finds any issues or bugs, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Plugin Files: https://mpql.net/files/uploads/ts3_mass_mover_api18.zip
    Plugin Installer: https://mpql.net/files/uploads/TS3MassMover.ts3_plugin
    Last edited by Mopquill; August 1st, 2012 at 01:21 AM.

Hey, thank for the update. It works finde, yet. If i find a bug, i will know you.

Can you explain how you compile this? I found the header with the api to change but don't know how i compile the source to a dll.

Quote Originally Posted by s3ns3mann86 View Post
    Hey, thank for the update. It works finde, yet. If i find a bug, i will know you.

Can you explain how you compile this? I found the header with the api to change but don't know how i compile the source to a dll.
    No problem.

Well, the more important step is to grab the latest files from the pluginsdk folder and include them. These files are needed for compiling, and updates in those files is why the API version needs to be updated. Then, you change the API version so TeamSpeak knows that the *.dll you're about to create is compatible. Then you can just compile the code with whatever C++ compiler you like. I use Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express -- it's free. You create a project from existing code, set the output to a DLL, and choose to compile in release or debug mode, in Win32, x64, or ia64, depending on your architecture. You need a recent Windows SDK to get 64-bit compiling of any sort to work, it'd seem. You could also try another compiler like dev-c++.

If what I've said here is not enough information, I suggest you google around for a tutorial to learn programming. I'm willing to provide limited support for this plugin if I've got the spare time, but, I don't exactly feel like teaching people how to program, especially with what little I know regarding compiled application programming. Good luck.

here is the Plugin in teamspeak install style enjoy!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1679521/TS3...%29.ts3_plugin

I get this error when I try to run it: http://mpql.net/i/p/ss/2012-07-31_Aj5Bw.png

Thank you very much Mopquill for explain this. I will try this an i think i will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by s3ns3mann86 View Post
    Thank you very much Mopquill for explain this. I will try this an i think i will do it.
    No problem.

In light of Ren108's file not working for me (and thus I can't verify that it's actually the same stuff I just compiled), I made a plugin installer as well: https://mpql.net/files/uploads/TS3MassMover.ts3_plugin

I'm not familiar with TS plugins (this one is one of the very few I've used), so I don't know what's modifiable and what isn't.

I was wondering if it's possible to make it so that when you right click on a channel and select TS3MassMover, a greyed out option with the Channel ID comes up. Also some easy way to get server group IDs as well, maybe something like right clicking a user and have there be some way of getting the IDs of all the server groups they're a part of.

Currently the only way I know to get the Channel ID is to go to the Channel Permissions tab. I've gotten around this by adding the Channel ID to the channel name so I can quickly move groups of people around from channel to channel when needed. But the server groups require going to the Server Groups page to see the ID.

I guess I could also change the server group names to also include the Group ID, the same way I do the Channel ID, but it seems like there should be a better option. You know the TS API better than me for sure, so if you can think of an alternative way of moving groups from channel to channel without opening the permissions window, without putting the channel id in the channel name, then I'd be open to suggestions.

Thanks! I'm glad this plug-in is being maintained, it's incredibly useful! =)

Getting a channel ID is a relatively simple thing, but I'm not certain it has anything to do with mass moving -- it's not really in the scope of the program's intended use to provide these features. Besides that, there's a skin by the TS3 staff that shows you relevant admin information if you have it installed. It adds back all that stuff they took out in Vanilla TS3, including showing Channel IDs in the right pane when you click on them. You can download the skin here.

You shouldn't have too many server groups IDs to begin with, so, I'd just recommend memorizing the important ones. Admins are generally 6, etc. Again, though, this doesn't seem to have anything to do with this plugin. I'm sure it'd be handy for some sort of all-around admin plugin, but near as I know this is just for mass-movement of users. I'm actually still learning the TeamSpeak API, and C++ for that matter, so I'm probably not as well off as you think. If I dabble around in a useful admin plugin in the future, I may considering adding a feature like that, though it's also possible it can be accomplished by editing TeamSpeak's theme to include server group IDs next to the server groups in the context menu for changing them. Anyhow, until I become skilled enough with C++ to start writing my own plugins beyond a competent dice roller (which I have not released), I don't think I'll be messing with anything deeper.

Well, that's just in, I am indeed only maintaining it. That is to say, I'm keeping it and its use of the SDK up to date, and if something breaks in an update, I'll try to fix it. I certainly don't want to be mucking around in foreign code adding new features or anything, though. It's also worth mentioning that I've not been officially endorsed by the author or anything, so, should Mr. S or Stefan choose to take up this plugin again, I imagine they'd be the guy to start suggesting features to.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

sorry guys it worked for me and it still works... i deletet the file so use Mopquills instead

Makes sense. The reason I was asking for an easy way to get ServerGroup/Channel IDs is because if you're moving people to a channel you're not in, from a channel you're not in, you need to know the ID numbers. That's how I figured they're related to auto-moving.

Either way, you're not adding features, just keeping it up to date with the latest API version. That alone is awesome! Thanks for doing it! =)

Thread Information