Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I tried IPv4 as the address and it still says failed to connect to server.

If the server is on the same machine you are running your client from you can use either localhost or 127.0.0.1 as your IP. When you do an IPCONFIG in the CMD window you get your IPv4 address which is your local machine address on the LAN.

If you think it will help try deleting the server and starting from scratch.

-facepalm- yeah, I was closing the black box, I didn't know I needed to keep it open for it to work thanks a lot for all your help guys
    Everything works now !!
    One more question, the IP i give to others to connect to my server is the one I find on www.whatismyip.com ?

Yes, what you get from whatismyip.com is your EXTERNAL IP address. No one will be able to connect if you give them the LAN IP unless they are on your LAN with you.

Thank you so much ! Problem fixed

I have another problem now, I can connect to my server but nobody else can, what's going on? D:
    I gave them the correct IP and port, they added teamspeak to their exceptions list on the firewall but it still won't let them connect. Help!

Did you forward the correct ports to the right IP on your network?

Yes I did. I spoke to a friend who set up his own server and they said that most routers won't allow these sort of ports to be forwarded or something along those lines, and that I should think about renting a server.
    I'm hosting the server on my home computer, is this the problem? :s

Hosting your own server isn't a problem as long as you've got the bandwidth. Not quite sure what your friend meant by his comment about ports being forwarded. Most (if not all) routers have a firewall in them and through their web access you can forward ports. Take a look at http://portforward.com/. Find your router make/model then click SKIP at the advertisement on the next screen. Now select Teamspeak and the site will tell you exactly how to forward ports for your router.

One thing you need to verify is that your server computer ALWAYS gets the same IP when it connects to your network. Easiest way to do this is to setup a static IP or an IP reservation for that computer's MAC address. If the computer is assigned a different IP then your forwarded ports will not work properly.

How do I set a static IP?

You'll have to look in your router's manual for that one. It's different for every router. You can try google as I am sure it'll find what you need

Hi, I too downloaded the server and followed the instructions given on youtube, and on the first time, logged in using 'localhost' with no problem, but now, it is giving me a message saying:

<12:34:16> Trying to resolve hostname localhost
    <12:34:16> Trying to connect to server on localhost:9987
    <12:34:22> Failed to connect to server

Did you close that black box that opened when you clicked on the server exe file? That is your server and if you close it the server stops running. With the next update that box goes away and the server becomes a tray icon like TS2 was.

Thread Information