Forum

Solved Listening Power + group server channel join power

Hello TS3 developers,
    i've seen that a lot of users suggestions have been implemented into the ts3 client/server.
    I've only 2 requests, i would like that there is a permission for each channel that doesnt allow player to listen what we're talking about (if they havent the power). Last one is that i can give the permission to a server group to join only few channels. I know that i can do it for each person, but it takes ages.
    I dont know how it works on ventrilo, but would be nice if we get a menu where we can select or not the channels inside the server.

Thank you for reading and gz for the nice work you are doing.

What's the point of "listening power" If they should not be privy to the conversation either put a password on your channel or set the needed_join_power so they cannot join it. If you cannot hear the conversation going on in a channel then you will likely talk over someone who is already talking.

For your second suggestion you can set the needed_join_power on channels and set the join_power on the server groups.

Please use the search function next time

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    What's the point of "listening power" If they should not be privy to the conversation either put a password on your channel or set the needed_join_power so they cannot join it. If you cannot hear the conversation going on in a channel then you will likely talk over someone who is already talking.

For your second suggestion you can set the needed_join_power on channels and set the join_power on the server groups.

Please use the search function next time
    the point of the listening power is that SA might move players in channels were i am talking about something that shouldnt be listened from some1.
    2nd needed join power is only for the whole server. i explain u my situation:
    i play a game where there are 2 nations
    BCU and ANi
    i should do 2 different channels where bcu can join bcu channel and ani in ani channel. if i do what u suggested both can join both channels or if i give higher join power to ani, ani can join bcu channel too.

This is what you want for your join issue....

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ghlight=manage

thx for your suggestion, but i hope a developer will take a look at my suggestion.

Join power is available since beta start.

Listen power won't be included, this is TeamSpeak and if you don't want, that users listen to you and your buddys, then you should set a password on that channel or use the whisper function, that is already implemneted.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

join power is available for all server channels. If u want to decide the join power for each user to join only a single channel, i've to edit the permissions of 300 users and when they format pc, i've to restart to do it all.
    well nvm, u'vent understood what i asked.

Quote Originally Posted by dartzdevil View Post
    join power is available for all server channels. If u want to decide the join power for each user to join only a single channel, i've to edit the permissions of 300 users and when they format pc, i've to restart to do it all.
    well nvm, u'vent understood what i asked.
    Look just add a password to the channels and give the passwords to the people in those groups. then have them turn on the save passwords option in the client settings (in security) then have them use the password to get into those channels.

Its as simple as that. You can have those passwords in a restricted area for those users on your forums

Why do you have to adjust join power on 300 clients? That's what server groups are for... Other option to what MajorThorn said is make a password protected channel but DO NOT give out the password. If you want someone in the channel with you, move them there

One channel group, "Nation Member" (for each of your nations). It gives you a high i_join_power (e.g. 100). Now edit the nation A and nation B channel(s) (channel permissions) to have a high i_needed_join_power (e.g. 100). Nobody will be able to join anymore. Now add members of nation A into the "Nation Member" group for the channel(s) that belong to nation A. Same for B.

Result: Once set up only nation A guys can join nation A channels, only nation B dudes can join nation B channels. If somebody reformats etc. and loses his identity he won't be assigned to either nation A or B, so you will (of course?) have to grant him back those permissions, there is no way for the server to know which nation this new client should be part of. If you have many nation channels and not just one and many nation members you can always automate the task of assigning somebody to a nation, either via a serverquery script (perl/php...) or via the client plugin sdk etc.
    I don't see how adding a listening power would help you in any ways to make things simpler, you would still need to do all the same work (but the people would be able to join all channels and then not hear anything if they are not a "Nation Member" for this room.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

i agree with the idea of making a server group to have bound chanel, if is that what he want at first, because once you use join power, it is based on a int value, so if i set one group to have like 20, he will be able to join any chanel with value below 20. alright i know that there is password. but just think a litle about it, if some one for some reason get to know the other chanel psw, so they would need to change it and give it to every one again.

well i dont have that manny chanels, so for me ins't big deal. but i think that would be nice.

and just one question, we have a chanel with some sub chanels, and if we have a password, it dont afect the subchanels, so there is any way to make that, or i need to set passwords for each subchanels?

Listen power?

I need to "ban" client on one of the channels, so he couldn't listen there. Is it possible? And how can I do this using new permission system? I can't figure out how it works.

Such a permission does not exist and won't be included.

This has been answered before.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Ok, then what about join power? Is it possible to make a channel group, that decreases join power of client?

Yes, this is possible and has been answered above
    Copy your Guest channel group and set i_channel_join_power of -1 or -999999 and assign that group to your bad users.
    Now kick them out of your channel.

Thread Information