Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved [Implemented in beta23] Scroll to this user

Hi,

We have 500+ users on our server. If somebody writes me a private message it is very difficult to find this user in channels (difficult to find out what channel he is in) It would be good to implement a context menu "Scroll to this user" or "Find this user in channel tree".

This way I can easily find out what is his channel's name, how many subchannels he has, how many users are in his channel and what type of icons he has without the need of enter into his channel directly.

If it is difficult to implement please include a new field in Client Connection Info: "Current Main Channel:". What do you think?
    Last edited by Slater; July 7th, 2010 at 01:21 AM.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    In the tree, if you click a letter on your keyboard it will go to each channel/client beginning with that letter.

Say that a user named Nate private messages you. Click anywhere in the channel hierarchy and press 'N' on your keyboard. It'll search down the hierarchy and land on any channel or client beginning with the letter N. That should at least help you find them.

We have 1000+ channels. It's nearly impossible to find what I'm looking for.

I like your suggestion, sorry that pressing a letter on your keyboard doesn't speed it up enough :-(

After thinking, you can click on the client's name in the Private Message and click Join Channel of Client or Move client to own Channel, but in your message you stated that you would like to do this without joining the channel directly. Hmmm.

Implemented for next release. Context menu "Find client in channel tree" will appear when in the client contextmenu from text chat only (doesn't make sense in the contextmenu for clients inside the tree) and will scroll to and select the client, but only if the clients channel is subscribed and the client is visible. Nothing to select otherwise, of course.

Absolutely fantastic, thank you

Thread Information