Forum

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Ok, i'll try this afternoon or this evening with a friend.
    Trying to connect to my own server using my public ip address was a way to test the server i used with ts2 server. I have relocated, changed my computer, and changed my Internet provider since...

I'll tell the result soon.

--- Merged ---

Ok...
    It works...
    Forget what i said, i've just been a big nut...
    Thanks a lot
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 26th, 2012 at 08:21 AM.

please help!

I have been tryign to get my ts3 server working for days, i tried using port checker and it says the ports are open! i can connect inside my lan, but no one on outside can connect, need help

@OFCRILX
    Have you done everything in this tutorial? Are you positive you forwarded the ports to the correct IP address? Did you set a static IP or reserve an IP for the computer that runs the server?

Wink

im sorry my english very poor this is port forward, my server use windows and router useing mikrotik Rb750g..
    ok lets go.
    after u open winbox and login
    choose ip, firewall, nat, copy anyone, and then a little configuration,done.. ur server now up..
    hemm you can see in picture..

im sorry if im wrong section to post this.. i hope anyone forgive me..

@Qurol

Are you still having connection issues with clients outside of your network or are you just posting this to help other people who may have questions with this hardware?

Red face

ups im sorry im just help to config,just posting this to help other people becouse in my country many people using this hardware ( route ) especially technicians internet cafe.I do not have a problem connecsi with clients outside the network, yes I am also helping others who may have questions on the hardware. sorry I was wrong to make a post in here, or should I create own thread?

--- Merged ---

owgh stupid me.. im wrong post in here.. I should make a post in the thread server windows problem..
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 26th, 2012 at 08:22 AM.

That info was fine to post here. It keeps things all collected together under a common topic I just wasn't sure if it was to help others or if you were having problems.

hello

I read the port forwarding tutorial and went to those sites i got the external ip but the problem i am having is i dont know what my router model is because it is the wlan router from verizon and i didnt see it on the site with all the router models so i cant port forward so that my friends can connect and btw i have the non profit license if that changes anything i need to do. thank you in advance.

If you cannot find your router's user manual online contact Verizon and ask how to set this up or to get a copy of the manual.

thank you very much i found it and it works now

Can't connect to server .

Hello . I have problem i put up linux ts3 server on ubuntu 10.04 via this tutorial
    All is running and fine i can see my server on web server list too but i can't connect to ther and nobody else too .

When I connect say that :
    <00:08:49> Trying to connect to server on 217.146.**.***:9987
    <00:08:57> Failed to connect to server
    <00:09:00> Trying to connect to server on 217.146.**.***:9987
    <00:09:06> Failed to connect to server

I hope u can help me and sorry for my bad english .
    Merry xmas Tooo !
    Last edited by florian_fr40; November 25th, 2011 at 09:24 AM.

Not working... for me at least....

I have done everything. My friends outside of my own network cannot connect. I have already forwarded my ports using the site provided and checked it twice. My friend also have tried using the LAN IP and WAN IP to connect, but cannot. There is also no password setup for my server.

Any other ideas?

Do you have a software firewall or anti-virus that might be preventing the connection? No one outside of your LAN will be able to connect using the LAN IP. They must use the WAN IP.

I don't have any firewall software and I turned off my anti-virus. And I have a router on my end running windows XP 32-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    I don't have any firewall software and I turned off my anti-virus. And I have a router on my end running windows XP 32-bit.
    1. What router are we talking about? Zyxel/.....
    2. Try to look in that router logs ... what do you see?(right after someone tries to connect)
    3. who is your Internet provider? campus/university? (Do they block/firewall ports?)
    Can we like try it? (address of your server)

Thread Information