Forum

Page 42 of 70 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    I have a similar problem, I can't connect to the server I use.

Some users can connect to my server, others can't.

Starting about two days ago, a couple of people could no longer connect to my server, but at least one other was able to. My settings had not changed insofar as I'm aware.

The correct ports (9987, 10011, 30033) are allowed in my modem's firewall and my router appropriately forwards them to my IP address.

I updated the server to the most recent version (about an hour ago). Now the person who could connect can no longer connect and the person who couldn't connect before can connect.

Very odd, I think.

I can provide any information needed.

Edit: It seems to be coming in a cycle. For several hours (unknown how long), one of the users is capable of connecting and the other isn't. Then it switches and the other user is able to connect and the original user isn't.
    Last edited by Roxinos; June 24th, 2013 at 08:39 PM.

Resolved

I seem to have resolved the issue (at least temporarily). The problem seems to have stemmed from an odd conflict between my pinhole settings in my modem's firewall and my router's port forwarding. I removed the pinhole settings (so that my firewall is set to "maximum protection" for my computer) and left the port forwarding settings on my router and immediately all users were able to connect.

I'm not certain if this is a permanent fix or a fluke, but the issue is resolved at present.

Edit (6/28/13): I have no idea why this thread was merged with the port forwarding thread. Unless this is generally just a thread for connection issues rather than port forwarding issues. In the end, it doesn't matter. My issue came back, but I discovered what I believe to be the ultimate culprit behind my issues.

It all seems to have been caused, for me, by a failing router. Just yesterday, I as getting disconnected and reconnected to the Internet at random intervals and for random periods of time. My modem indicated that nothing was wrong, I just wasn't able to send packages (I assume; each time before I was disconnected I would hear the person in my TS speak, but they couldn't hear me).

I disconnected the router and connected all of my computers into my modem directly and all of my problems have since disappeared. So there we go. Bad router is bad.
    Last edited by Roxinos; June 28th, 2013 at 07:19 PM.

Not much feedback yet... any insight?

Try tracert or traceroute (similiar utility to ping)
    - from server towards user with problem
    - ask user to do same towards server

Ask user to open tcp connection perhaps teamspeak3 serverquery and leave it open, to see if something kills that connection after some time or not.

And mainly: ask those users for details about:
    - how they are connected to the internet (some college campus might be completely blocking UDP which is used by teamspeak)
    - if they use any firewall/antivirus and names of those software tools
    - if they are using any modem or router (there can be DoS protection and firewall features, and with name we could google documentation for list of features)
    - their computer IP address(to verify if they are behind LAN/router/modem)
    ... In the end it could be that it is not wide area problem, but selected users with certain configuration.

Guess what I am wondering is why is it they can join the public TS channel and not mine? They trace all the way to the ip and to through the router

Ports not opened after Portfowarding ~ Cisco E3200

I'm trying to setup my own TS3 server, just for the heck of it and maybe use it for gaming and chatting. I have gotten my portforwarding done, but using the PFPortChecker, I checked the ports 9987, 10011, 30033 on both TCP and UDP, and none of them is opened.

I followed this guide: http://portforward.com/english/route...k_3_Server.htm

I also went and did static IP also before I did it. I also did that PFP Static IP program thing before I setup the ports. I was able to connect to my server on my laptop only using the port 9987, but others cannot connect to it. They have also tried the other ports, but no luck...

I am operating on Windows XP 32bit SP3.

I will have my server opened and up for now for others to try.

IP: 192.168.1.50:9987, 192.168.1.50:10011, 192.168.1.50:30033

Please do try all 3 with the different ports.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Forgot to mention I am hosting on the wireless side of Internet. I am using a Linksys WUSB600N Wireless-N USB Adapter with Dual Brand Version 2

192. are local addresses. Is it nobody or just you that cant connect

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Does this mean people have to connect through this address? 99.247.120.178

Edit: I gave my friends the above IP address, while also trying the three different ports, and they still cannot connect.
    Last edited by Randomness; June 29th, 2013 at 02:49 AM.

Portforwarding problem Netgear WNR3500v2 Router

Okay so I'm currently trying to set up a TS3 server for my friends to join, I have set the server up and connect using local host (see picture a1). I have followed the post on port forwarding and have set up the 3 ports for my router (see pick a2) and have set my IP to static using http://portforward.com/help/setup_static_ip_address.htm which was what was recommended from the main post on port forwarding. http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...not-connect%29.

For the portforwarding Ip address I used my IPv4 address obtained by running cmd prompt and typing in Ipconfig (see picture a3).

I have also given my friends the IP to connect to the server by using http://www.whatismyip.com/

I installed and checked my port forwards using PortForwardChecker and all of the ports are displayed as closed. This is driving me insane, does anyone know what the problem is?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	8463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a1.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	13.8 KB 
ID:	8462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	642 Bytes 
ID:	8464  

I also use a wnr3500 router and please make sure, that the port 9987 is set to UDP and not to TCP/UDP.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myrouter.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	8470
    If it still does not work, then check your firewall and anti virus tools.

Also PortForwardChecker does not work with UDP Ports.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

1 thing pl for get is 2 go and tell that firewalls 2 let just all local and ohm / public throw that firewall add the teamspeak server 2 thar list and check both boxes

Can't connect to server, others can't too.

Well, I've tried making my own server for the pasts month every-time I did I failed.. when I portfoward I went to canyouseeme.org and it said "connection timed out".. what's wrong

Angry Can't open ports!

Hei guys, first i'm sorry about my english.

So, i open the ports:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5288de3252a45.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	220.2 KB 
ID:	9528

And i can't connect to my server, and it not shows on server list.
    And yes I open the server, I enable the program on the firewall and it not fuc*ing working.

Help' plz.

Here are some hints, said many times before.
    Please use the search featurefrom forum first.

- You should try your own LAN IP or localhost.
    - You friends need to connect to your external IP.
    - Open 9987 as UDP only and not TCP/UDP. It won't work in some cases.
    - This port is needed to let your server communicate with the weblist
    From FAQ: Default weblist port (UDP out): 2011-2110 (first available port in given range)
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information