Forum

Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Question

I'm trying to setup a virtual server on my system. I'm on a home network, router is a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH, my OS is Win 7 x64, TS3 client & server are x64, cable modem is a Motorola SB6120. I can connect internally, friends can't connect.

I have setup the ports according to the site in the first post. Running port checker when I select port 9987 and check the UDP protocol button gives me the result that it shows the correct external ip address, but says it's not able to ping the router and says port is not open. Selecting ports 10011 or 30033 as TCP protocol shows correct external address, can't ping router BUT shows ports as open.

Some other setting in the router I'm missing?

Sam

Hello,

I am also having the issue with external clients connecting to my server while the those inside my network are connecting fine.

I have installed the client on two different systems, one has the server on it. The server is set to IP 192.168.1.12. Using that IP address the other system in my network connects just fine.

My external IP is 75.XX.XXX.XX. I have the Netgear WGR614v9 wireless roughter and have used the instructions at http://portforward.com/english/route.../TeamSpeak.htm to set up the port forwarding with both the single port numbers as well as a port range. I have also added the ports into the Windows Vista firewall but have also disabled the firewall all together. I am not running any other antivirus/spyware checking software. Zone Alarm was installed on this machine, but has been uninstalled.

I have used the PFPortchecker utility to test these ports and it returns with my external IP, Port check results saying all three ports tested are open, but the ping result states it was unable to ping my router.

In case it is of any importance, I am a Comcast Cable customer.

Any ideas? If there is any other information I can provide please let me know. Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.

Have a great day,
    Avolow.

@Avolow

Just double checking here... The ports are forwarded to the IP of the computer running the server correct? Did you give the server computer a static IP to ensure it will always have the same IP even if it is rebooted?

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, the server is set to a static IP. It will always be 192.168.1.12, and the ports in the router are forwarded to that IP address.

Avolow.

That's odd then. PM me your server IP/port/password. I'm curious now...

Hello,

Sorry for the delay I was out of town.

Well, I turned the server back on to get it ready to send you the log in info, but now it will not let anything log in, not even the client on the same machine. Nothing has been changed since the last time I spoke to you, so I am not sure what is going on. The client can connect to the public services just fine, but says connection failed when I try to connect to the server running on the same machine.

I will work with it a little bit more when I get home in an hour or so.

Thank you again and if I get it running on my home network again I will let you know.

Avolow.

--- Merged ---

OK, I have figured out what its problem was with connecting from internally. For some reason the program has decided it likes port 9988 instead of 9987.

I will PM the information to you that you requested.

Avolow.

--- Merged ---

Hello, thanks for checking it out. I had a lot of problems with the port assignment changing on me in the sever software, but it finally started liking 9988 and started working. A friend and I were testing it when you logged in (two of the logins were me).

I appreciate the help you gave. Thank you again. Hope it stays up and running. Going to start configuring the channels now.

Have a great day.

Avolow.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 26th, 2012 at 08:23 AM.

Now be sure to do 2 things. Make a backup copy of your database once you get it setup and prior to updating to a new server version (do the same after updating) and EXPORT your identity (or multiple IDs) and keep those in a safe place not on your comupter. If you ever have to reformat or something you will lose admin access unless you have exported your admin ID. Of course another admin can grant it or you could use server query but why go through that hassle....

Help Please! can't connect!

i dont know why but no external users can connect.... why? how do i fix this?

Hello

With so little information, it does not help you much.

I assume the server is on your hoem network. In this case, this thread can help you : http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=56314

Never mind!

i fixed it

I think I did everything the tut asked me to do but my friend can't connect to my server. the firewall is off, the anti-virus is off, I did the port forward, and I know I gave him the proper info for him to connect. I cant figure it out I'm lost.

my router is not on the list for portforward.com i have a network wirred hub from linksys.

@chris_spillman

I suggest you go to the manufacturers website and download the user manual for your device. I don't think the hub has a firewall in it but the user manual will tell you how to perform port forward actions if it does have one.

did what it told me

i did all the ports and i have looked for the ip. i can go on and its the same all the time(duh) but other people cant get on. and my anti virus has no other fire wall and there is nothing else with a fire wall. my router was on that place where you look and you should find it. i did so what do i do now?

@encrypter

Did you use a single port number when forwarding? Try using a range.

Example:
    To forward port 9987 use the range 9986-9988

Also, are you 100% positive you gave the other people the correct IP address?

Thread Information