Forum

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Not Working! Virtual Server

I told people to connent to address (my ip):9987 and it didnt work. they get failed to connect to server.
    I opened PORT for 9987,10011,30033 and still nothing work.
    i gave people my ip from whatismyip.com but they cannot log in.
    How to fix this?!
    And if i try to connect to my server with a different identity, but the same WIFI, when i enter my IPv4 address, it says Connection failed because the server reached its maximum amount of clients.
    Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by koros View Post
    I opened PORT for 9987,10011,30033 and still nothing work.
    What about FORWARDING your ports?

Quote Originally Posted by Air SeaTac View Post
    What about FORWARDING your ports?
    Forworded it with portforward.com
    still doesnt work
    Last edited by koros; September 29th, 2014 at 08:51 PM.

So I installed the server. Now what?

Hello, I installed the server from this tutorial (http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...n-Ubuntu-14-04). It ran a script and it ran the server I guess, and the teamspeak 3 client. How do I connect to the server and such?

----------merged----------

I'd like to clarify, when I send my friends my IP adress, it tells them failed to connect
    Last edited by dante696; October 8th, 2014 at 08:24 AM. Reason: feel free to use the search feature first, before posting!

Do you have access to their computer? ie: Can you see them trying to login? Fire up something like TeamViewer or GoToMeeting and get a first hand look at what they're seeing. There's a lot of missing information here. Good luck

Hi pls help

I made myself and for my WoT Clan friends a Ts Server and a guy said i just have to port forward 9987 and i di
    I have a Zyxel Router and i dont know whats the problem i have no opetion FireWall in ruter to disable the firewal i do it i the Firewall program dont know if it does the same deal, and my friends cant join the server but i can and another question is it a problem that i dont have the license or ? pls answer
    Last edited by dante696; October 20th, 2014 at 09:49 PM. Reason: merged

Some help needed.. router not listed in portforwarding.com

Hi,

I've configured a small TS 3 server and would like to be able to chat with a few friends, I've read the first post of this thread and followed the first few steps.
    Because the thread was last edited in 2011 I started from page 40 up to 50 to see if anyone had similar problems but as far as I can tell this situation hasn't occurred. (sorry if I missed it or didn't look far back enough).

I can log onto my server via Local host or internal IP without a problem and everything works fine.

I'm directly connected to the modem/router and I have both my external IP address (whatismyip.org) and LAN IP address (ipconfig). Unfortunately my router isn't listed on the portforwarding.com list (Experia box V8) which is a modem/router in one.

I've contacted my ISP's Tec.support and they could do it for me... for a prize... I would very much like to be able to do it myself and keep that money in my pocket ... I've setup a TS 2 server a couple of years ago on another computer and router so I do think I should be able to manage with some help.
    I remember I didn't need a static IP for that TS server but had to check my IP daily and pass it on to my friends, wasn't a big deal and gave me the opportunity to block several persons which I didn't like by saying the server doesn't work anymore.

When I enter the router via 192.168.2.254, go to NAT/data tab I can configure the external IP set the LAN port manually to 9987 however I get a error on public Port.. (do I need to set it to 9987 too?) see pic. below
    (I assume my external IP should be put under LAN IP).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NAT setting screen.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	170.2 KB 
ID:	11467

As you can see in the picture below there are some application options from which I can choose: Games, VPN, Audio/Video, Apps and Servers, for all those application options there's a separate pull down menu, I checked a few to see what it does (the most obvious ones) but gave me a wrong port Nr range. Still, I can set it manually so no biggie there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Router settings.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	11468

As I don't want any filetransfer nor do I want serverquery (not running 24/7) I assume I don't need to add ports 30033 and 10011 or do I.

As for a static IP, I'm hoping I can do the same as I did with the TS 2 IP wise (checking my IP daily and pass it on) cause I'm totally unfamiliar with setting that up and would need a lot of help.

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,

HJ

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    Please don't PM me with a question or problem related to this topic unless you've first posted in this topic and are having trouble after receiving an answer to your post. Posting the question or problem in this thread is much better as someone else may have the same problem or question and if you PM me for the answer no one else reading this thread will know what the answer was to that question or problem.

Here's a brief explanation on port forwarding for those that are having trouble getting clients to connect to their server.

(Beta 25 - The black box that opens when you run your server is your server so don't close this!)

First you need to know the ports TS3 is using. In the FAQs these ports are listed as follows:

Default voice port (UDP): 9987
    Default filetransfer port (TCP): 30033
    Default serverquery port (TCP): 10011

(this part for windows users only
    )
    Next you need to know the IP address of the computer running the server. Go to the start menu and click RUN. Now type cmd. In this new window type ipconfig and find the IPv4 address. (see pic #1) This is your LAN IP address. You will forward the ports to this IP address. Anyone on your personal network will need to use this IP to connect to your server.

(for all operating systems)
    Now go to http://whatismyip.com/ to find your external IP address. (see pic #2) This will appear in the top center of the page. Give this to your friends so they can connect.

Go to http://portforward.com/ and find your router make and model. On the 2nd page select SKIP THIS ADVERTISEMENT in the top right then select Teamspeak on page 3.

**NOTE** If you only have a modem or use a fiber optic internet connection You may have to consult your device's manual or contact your ISP for more information.

Follow the instructions on this page but be sure to use the ports for Teamspeak 3 and not the Teamspeak 2 ports they have listed on this page. NOTE: Some routers require a port range and not just a single port. Example would be 9986-9988 to open port 9987.

If this is done properly your ports will be forwarded through your firewall and your friends outside your LAN should be able to connect.

Please don't PM me with a question or problem related to this topic unless you've first posted in this topic and are having trouble after receiving an answer to your post. Posting them in this thread is much better as someone else may have the same problem or question and if you PM me for the answer no one else reading this thread will know what the answer was to that question or problem.
    Have done all this, port fowarded correctly, I used to use the teamspeak server every night with my router, I had some problems with comcast and had to reset my router, now my teamspeak server is not connectable via my external ip address. I can connect with my computer's internal ip address, because I am running the server on my same pc. Neither me, or anyone else can connect to the server with my external ip address, please help me fix it!

Server is running, but only bot can join?

Hello,
    I have a problem with my teamspeak-server. The problem is that only bots can join and not normal people. This is the case for 1 hour.
    Maybe you can help me, I don't know what to do.

Maksimo007
    Last edited by dante696; October 27th, 2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: merged

What about -> open the voice port for the users?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

The port is open because the server was running with users and bots... and now only bots can join...

Exclamation Guild Can't Connect!

Hey everyone. I need to port forward so my guild on TERA can connect to my TS3 server. I have noooo idea how to do this. I know how to get into my router's settings to start, but I have no idea what to set the ports to, or anything after that. In the picture I have attached to this, it shows the menu I'm talking about. Someone PLEASE help. Thanks in advance. http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/...SPSettings.jpg

Lan works, Wan doesn't

I changed routers, and ended up deleting my old server because it wasn't working anymore. This router seems hellbent in stopping me from creating a new server. I did everything I did before, step by step. I can connect to the channel, using my lan ip. No one else can connect with my wan ip. I opened up the ports on my router and it's not working, at all.

I'm using a WNDR3700v3 router, on a Windows 7 computer. All the people trying to connect get is: Failed to connect to server.

What am I doing wrong?

why can't people connect

I have check double checked and triple checked, i know my wan ip but still no one is able to connect. I dont know if there is somthing wrong or i am not doing everything right
    HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Datderpdoge View Post
    I have check double checked and triple checked, i know my wan ip but still no one is able to connect. I dont know if there is somthing wrong or i am not doing everything right
    HELP!
    Firewall? Port Forwarding if behind router? Something at the TS3 server log? TS3 server started? Right IP address? Payed your bill of the internet provider?

Thread Information