Forum

Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Server says it's running, clients cannot connect

Had no issue in the past, but was on a brief hiatus. I've search threads, but the advice given has been to no avail.

• Fresh re-install of operating system (Debian Wheezy) after graceful shutdown of services.
    • Installed old version of Teamspeak, started up, no success.
    • Updated version, started up, no success.

In both scenarios the server says its running, and it's in the process list, but clients cannot connect. I've insured the ports are correct, I hosted a temporary competitor server on the port to great effect. I've hosted it on my own machine just fine with roughly the same settings, those changed shouldn't affect the connectivity.

Edit: Logs show a single user is able to connect from Germany, but we do not know anybody from Germany within our charity. Is it possible we've been hacked? I'll forward his/her details to TeamSpeak support and the authorities. I have reason to believe the German "TeamSpeakUser" is a fellow forum user, who likes to cause more grief than good.

THIS IS NOT A PORT ISSUE, WHY WAS IT MERGED HERE.
    Last edited by dante696; April 7th, 2015 at 02:21 PM. Reason: insult and bbcode removed

no one any solution or any idea ?

Quote Originally Posted by c4r5t3n View Post
    no one any solution or any idea ?
    Nope, because you gave nothing to test.

Your main thread is confusing , when you use creator:
    "I created a new virtual server and only the creator can connect"
    "The creator of this server told me, that 9985 is the right port"

When you create a new server, then you will see the port after server creation.
    If "the creator" is you, then do perform the command serverlist in the Query and check if it's really port 9985.
    If "the creator" is you or someone else, then tell him or yourself to open the port for the server in his router or firewall.

Thread merged
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I'm sorry, I am not the creator, its someone else. But he told me, that opening the port was the first thing he did.

Thanks for your answer
    Last edited by c4r5t3n; April 11th, 2015 at 09:08 PM.

TS3 Server in VPS whith CentOS 6.6

Hello everyone, I have a VPS with CentOS 6.6 and VHM 11+ Cpanel, install Teamspeak 3 server in the footsteps of http://inetresource.net/installing-a...-linux-centos- vps-with-auto-restart /. The problem is that the client does not connect, the question is another step missing after installing the server?

Sorry my bad english
    Last edited by dante696; May 4th, 2015 at 08:50 PM. Reason: merged, we have a search feature for this forum

Nothing in there about opening the correct ports on your firewall (use search, this information is readily available)

TS3 Server wont trigger ports to open.

(If there is a solution to this already, please link it to me since Im not really sure what to search for, but Ive tried finding a solution.)

So I take it from the beginning.

I have a TS3 server on my local machine, have been running it for a year almost.
    No problems so far.
    Now this weekend I moved to a new place, same ISP, same settings and all.

Now when I start the server, it wont trigger port 9987 to open so no one can connect.
    The thing is, if I tell another application , for example utorrent, to use that same port, it opens and all works fine with that app.
    But I can not get the TS3 server to trigger the port at all.
    Any ideas of what can be done ?
    Last edited by dante696; May 6th, 2015 at 07:28 AM. Reason: merged

Trouble port forwarding to access TeamSpeak 3 servers.

Long story short: Recently moved to a new apartment but kept the same internet provider and router as I had before, but for some reason when I got everything set up in new apartment I was no longer able to connect to TS3, with following error message : Failed to connect to server. And this goes for ANY server I try to connect to.

Figured the move could have messed with port settings so I sat down now to redo it all and used the following guides:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...annot-connect)
    http://portforward.com/english/route...k_3_Server.htm

I also set up a static IP adress with: http://portforward.com/networking/static-win7.htm

But for some flippin reason I obviously dont understand, it does not work! Here is my current setup: http://imgur.com/pAFAsbs
    EDIT- Static IP setup: http://imgur.com/KWP09Wh (In swedish, but ya get the idea)

Would really appreciate any help with what I have done wrong, I will try to provide as much further information as possible, if asked for.

And to make it clear, I have no idea what port forwarding actually does etc, I just follow guides not really having an idea what I am doing. So for any help, keep the explaining simple, thank you!
    Last edited by MatataKumaa; June 1st, 2015 at 03:06 PM. Reason: merged

Are you sure your server ip is still 192.168.1.115?
    Have you tried your local or LAN IP?

Your report shows no log or something liek that.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

To confirm, I edited and added a pic of my current static IP setup. (http://imgur.com/KWP09Wh) I also checked command window and the IPv4 adress there is 192.168.1.115.
    I did first try with non-static/original IP (whatever u call it) but that didnt work and then read that having a static IP is recommended. I may very well be wrong, I jusy copy pasterino guides basically...

Log as in? Sorry, dont understand common tech talk.

Port Forwarding Help

Hello,
    I currently am trying to port forward my Teamspeak server, and I can't figure it out. I am hosting it on a dedicated server, and can connect to it from that server with localhost. So I know its a port forwarding problem. If anyone could help me out, that would be awesome. My skype is removed if you would like to contact me there.
    Last edited by dante696; June 5th, 2015 at 10:34 AM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    All of the ports are currently open, and I have them all being listened to. So I'm not sure why I cannot connect. I've also used any and all IP's connected to the server. None of them work.

http://i.gyazo.com/35d20a13d50af8666f671b8489f86c01.png
    http://i.gyazo.com/d3ee3e136f60bebb2d7f5b26bc7670f6.png

The windows firewall is not port fowarding for your network!
    You must do this in your router.

Teamspeak port 9987 is not working properly

Port 9987 is telling me that it's connected but there's no traffic on the port.
    All other ports work just fine. Just need Help on Port 9987

Ps my e-mail is mikespug******.com
    Last edited by dante696; June 11th, 2015 at 07:30 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information