Forum

Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    I gave my frieds my IP 76.87.38.91, can you try to connect to it if posible, to see if you can? Port is 9987
    They said they could not connect. I think i have my server up, because i see a red head icon on the bottom right of my screen.

I am unable to connect. If you are connected to your server then it is up and running. Did you forward the ports as individual ports or as a range?

Example
    To forward 9987 you would do 9986-9988. Some routers require the range.

no, but let me try that, now go and see if you can get on

I am trying to port forward ports UDP 9987, TCP 10011, and TCP 30033 for my Teamspeak 3 server. I have a 2Wire 2700HG-B from AT&T. When I put in the port #s and give each port an app name, then press "Add Definition", it adds it succesfully, but when I go to add the port definitions to the device (my PC), an error message comes up stating "Unknown Error". Literally, that's what it says. I DID put the port #s in, and I DID give it a description, so I don't see why it wont be added to my PC. Please Help!!!!! Thanks in advance!

@jetboy

You will need to find the user's manual for your device to verify that you performed the correct steps. I am not familiar with it myself.

Next you need to know the IP address of the computer running the server. Go to the start menu and click RUN. Now type cmd. In this new window type ipconfig and find the IPv4 address. (see pic #1) This is your LAN IP address. You will forward the ports to this IP address. Anyone on your personal network will need to use this IP to connect to your server.

what does this mean im confused

That step is for you to find your computer's IP address so you know what IP you are forwarding your ports to.

ok i have probably a stupid question but when i go on the port forwarding website do i choose my wireless router or the other one with the telephone and all that by the way i should mention im on a desktop upstairs and the router is connected to a desktop downstairs im using a wireless card.

What is your setup? In the example below you should select the wireless router.

Example

internet->DSL modem->wireless router-> PC

i think thats it but when you put the ip in the browser doesnt it tell you what kind of router you have

Once you log into it, yes it should. If you know where your router is just take a look at it. Somewhere on it will be the make and model.

Solved Failed to connect to server

Yesterday i was on teamspeak (i am the server host) and everything was working great, people could join and so could i but a little later our router went down and everything was deleted from it, i put all the ports back in and it was fine again but today i woke up and i could not connect so i checked the ports again and everything was in order, its the same as before but now the server wont even work.
    I have everything open.
    Teamspeak server - open
    Teampseak Client - Open but cannot connect
    Ports - All in order

I did everything i did before.

Please help.

Did the IP address of the server's computer change?

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...cannot-connect)

yeah its all good thanks

Server problems

So I made a server and all but people can't join it for some reason. Can someone help me out.

--- Merged ---

I think the problem is my address which is currently set to localhost.

--- Merged ---

I think I gotta port forward. Could someone walk me through how to port forward?
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 28th, 2011 at 10:55 AM.

Thread Information