Forum

Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Totally baffled

Ok, I've been through all the steps. Found my router on portforward.com, my port forward settings matched perfectly. I turned off windows firewall and disabled the antivirus. Yet here's what happens:

1. I CAN connect to my server using the same machine that the server is running on using both 'localhost' and the actual LAN IP Address (192.168.0.102).
    2. I CANNOT connect to my server with other machines in the network (LAN) using the LAN IP address. Note: the server machine is setup with a static IP on the LAN.
    3. External users also CANNOT connect to the server using the WAN IP address.

I'm running Win 7 x64, and am using the x64 versions of server and client. Other systems on the LAN have the same configuration and client version.

I have a direct fiber connection (PPPoE) to the router. It's a D-Link DIR 655. I called the ISP, they say they don't block anything and isn't anything on their end.

I have no idea what is going on here...any ideas for next steps? Thanks!

Did you use a single port or a range in your forwarding? Some routes need a range (9986-9988) to forward a single port. The LAN connection should not be affected by the port forwarding. Are you positive you are using the correct LAN IP?

Outside of those suggestions I'm not sure I have any more. I'll have to think about it.

Yep, tried the port range with no luck. Positive on the LAN IP...works fine from the server machine and I've triple checked it. Confusing, right? But, the server machine is connected with Ethernet, and the other machines are all connecting via wireless. I wonder if there is something with the wireless...but I can't think of how that would be an issue. Maybe I'll try plugging a laptop into the router using a cable and see what happens just for giggles.

Are you using windows firewall on the server machine or something else? Win 7 and win server 2008r2 are pretty much the same in the firewall setup. If teamspeak .exe is not allowed through the firewall you WILL be able to connect as local host but not from anywhere else. Check the firewall on the win 7 machine that your running the ts3 server on if you are using the firewall. If so follow the steps to add a program to the firewall.

Here is a shot of the router setup.
    Name:  dir655.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  284.4 KB

--- Merged ---

Would you guys including the devs like me to make in indepth video on server setup and port fowarding routers? Including setting up dyndns.com as the free dynamic host. We could fix all these problems that way. I don't post really at all, but I am a lurker. I have been running TS for years and I think I have seen about every common problem out there.
    Let me know.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 26th, 2012 at 08:25 AM.

Hi,
    My machine is running Windows 7, and my router is the DLink-DVA-G 3170i
    I have intalled on my machine TeamSpeack 3 server and client, TeamSpeack 3
    is already on the firewall exeptions, my antivirus is AVAST free v.6.01125, and
    I have forwarded the ports on my router as requested:
    9987-UDP
    30033-TCP
    10011-TCP
    and I even try already try a range of UDP ports 9986-9988, the thing is that I CAN connect to my server using the same machine that the server is running using: 'localhost' and the actual LAN IP, but when I
    check on: CanYouSeeMe.org if my ports are visible both TCP ports are working fine 30033 and 10011
    But the UDP-voice port always give me the same error:
    Error: I could not see your service on 188.83.64.139 on port (9987)
    Reason: Connection timed out.

And I'm unable to connect to my server from another computer on my lan, here is my server log I hope you can help me.

TX and all the bests, Camarimore.

Serverlog:

30-06-2011 10:08:46 VirtualServer Info listening on 0.0.0.0:9987
    30-06-2011 10:08:46 VirtualServer Info client 'server'(id:0) added privilege key for servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)
    30-06-2011 10:08:46 VirtualServer Warning --------------------------------------------------------
    30-06-2011 10:08:46 VirtualServer Warning ServerAdmin privilege key created, please use the line below
    30-06-2011 10:08:46 VirtualServer Warning token=7HVTG64i+DokR6WPg6dh2JXwO+hUZ2kGStgjJiRw
    30-06-2011 10:08:46 VirtualServer Warning --------------------------------------------------------
    30-06-2011 10:09:47 VirtualServer Info client 'Cama'(id:2) used privilege key '7HVTG64i+DokR6WPg6dh2JXwO+hUZ2kGStgjJiRw' and was added to servergroup 'Server Admin'(id:6)

canyouseeme.org does not support UPD as far i know. It never worked for me.

Make sure your doon't have any routing for IP's activated. There should not be any problem with a normal router to connect inside your own lan network without opening any port.
    Open port 9987 as UDP only. Have your tried to deactivate AVAST? Has anyone tried to connect to your server?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Didn't knew that about canyouseeme.org...
    Yes, I already have port 9987 as UDP only and I will check if I don't have any routing for IP's activated
    And also try to deactivate AVAST to see if the problem comes from there.
    I 'll give you a feedback ASAP.
    Best regards, Camarimore.

--- Merged ---

Problem with lan connection solved, Stupid of me but t'was so simple, I just forgot that after a OS reinstall the router will
    probably give to my machine a different IP , about if other outside of my network can or not connect to my server I'm not
    sure yet, but I don't see any reason for that not be possible (giving the right IP), anyway I'll know that soon enought.
    Tx for your help,
    cheers, Camarimore.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 26th, 2012 at 08:26 AM.

jjust some basic help

okay, so i've just made my first server (private) and i kinda want to know, what is the address? in the video tutorial it never said change the address, so do my friends put in "localhost"? and the password i set up or what? and is there any other info i need to know about hosting a server for about 20 people?

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; October 28th, 2011 at 10:58 AM.

Problems with server

I am having issues with people connecting to my server.

They are getting an error that they can not connect.

I have looked at the sticky that shows how to open the ports and I have opened them.

I disabled my firewall. I can connect to it locally on a different computer but I have had no luck getting anyone else to connect.

Any suggestions?

If we have few Virtual servers on one PC, we need to change UDP port for other servers (e.g. 9987, 9988, 9989). But do we need to change TCP-port 30033 (for file transfer) on another copies of server?

The file tranfer port is for the instance (for all virtual server)
    If you have several virtual server, just add the port inthe forward rules (according your example, 3 rules. One for each single port)

Sorry, but I dont understand - I have three copies of TS server (in different folders) on one PC. I already changed UDP-port and its working but what to do with TCP-port? I cant to set avatar for example.

But I think it is better to create few Virt. Servs. than what I`ve made. But anyway it is interesting about TCP-port.

Ok I understand now. In fact you have 3 Teamspeak instance (with one virtual server 9987, 9988, 9989 on each instance)
    But why create 3 instances instead create 3 virtual servers on the same instance ?

If you still use this configuration, you have to change the file tranfer port on each single instance.
    Using the start parameter : filetransfer_port=<new port>

(More in formation in the documentation TeamSpeak 3 Server Quick Start.txt => part 6

In this case, yes you have to add a forward rules for these new file transfer port.

florian_fr40
    Thank you for explanation It was this command that I needed (filetransfer_port=). But now I've made two more Virt. Servs. Yes, that is better. It was just hard for me and unusual. TS its simple, but only when you want to have simple functions, but when you need to get something more, its pretty complicated and need more time to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by booya
    but when you need to get something more, its pretty complicated and need more time to understand.
    Exactly like all VoIp network servers without reading the documentation

Thread Information