Forum

Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Help(Not sure if this belongs here)

I made a TS3 server. Now I would like to know how can other people could join the server. When I tried to make the address I tried to use my clan name FollowTheFallen but it didn't work. Also I tried many others. Then I looked at the tutorial and I copied the video and used the localhost as my address and it worked. Now when I tell people that is my address people can't join. What do I have to do?

Thread was merged
    Last edited by Chris; September 24th, 2012 at 08:29 AM.

This didn't help....

localhost will only work for yourself as that is always the pc you use it on.

What you need to tell your friends is your public ip address, which might change every so often and will only work if you did the correct port forwarding in your router as explained in this thread.

Unhappy Failed to connect to server

I have two computers at home and I try to connect to a server from another computer in teamspeak3 and says "Failed to connect to server" can help me?
    the ports of the router are unlocked and they are both computers connected to the same network
    sorry but i do not speak english very well
    Pls Help me

Are you using the LAN IP for the server? LAN IP addresses usually start 192.168.X.X. If both computers are on the same network you need to use the LAN IP. Give your friends your WAN IP and they should be able to connect as well.

need help settting up TS server

this 1st time using TS server an so far i only manged to get compiters with in my local network to coonect to it. is there way i can set it up to host out side my network, i been testing this with my ipad, when i use my cellaur data network i cant connect, but if i put my laptop on that same network it will connect. same applies to my wireless modem as well. only my laptop uses the wired LAN.

Trying to host a TS3 Server from my PC and no one else can connect

I've tried port forwarding 9987, 33003 and 2010 and nothing. I have no idea what I'm doing if I'm honest but I need this server running for a group. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong with my server? Starting to get stressed about the whole thing

Are you forwarding port 9987 UDP?
    Are you forwarding to the correct internal IP?
    Is the server actually running?
    Is any firewall on the Teamspeak server box blocking connections?
    Can you connect via it's internal IP?

So many questions!!

Port forwarding with the Xfinity Arris tg862

I once had a huge TS3 server which was constantly busy, and it died down. Point is, I used to have one working, so I understand how to port forward. However, I received a modem router (When did those come out I hate them??), and suddenly, everything I once knew goes into the trash. 192.168.1.1 = 10.0.0.1, ok fine. But when I go to portforward to 10.0.0.2 with 9987 10011 and 30033 it just doesn't work. What am I possibly doing wrong here? The port forwards are enabled and working, my firewall is off just in case of any blocked ports, and I still can't connect to my own server using my external IP adress.

You most likely will not be able to connect using your WAN IP address. You need to use the LAN IP address or localhost (if the server is on the same machine your client is on) to connect to your server.

Server looped to my PC

My friends can't connect they are saying the IP is mine and its looping how can I fix this?
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1206
Size:  55.3 KB

don't give them the local loop back IP.. give them the WAN IP.

If you're giving them the address of your server as 127.0.0.1, they'll never be able to connect. 127.0.0.1 is also called the localhost address and will always be the machine the person is on.

If they're trying to connect from your network you'll have to give them your PC's local IP. If they're connecting from the internet you'll have to give them your external IP and set up the appropriate port forwarding on your router

people cant connect to my server

the other day my friends could all connect to my server just fine, lost power for a day due to the recent hurricane and now for some reason it just tells them "failed to connect to server" and nothing has been changed on either the server files or thier computers. any ideas on how to fix this issue? i can connect to my own server so i know it is up and running.

Thread Information