Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[SUGGESTION] Create sub-channels w/ temp, semi and/or permanent

It would be nice if we had the option to select what type of sub-channels we can create. currently we have to select a type but as soon as we do the option to create.

If only b_channel_create_child is selected you get an error about the b_channel_create_temporary. If you add b_channel_create_temporary it then gives you the option to "create channel" as well as "create sub-channel". If I only want someone to create sub-channels I cannot currently do this

Just bumping this up since no one has commented.

In my tests there was no way for me to set a server group/client so they can only create sub-channels. If you enabled the permission that TS would tell you it failed on you also enabled the ability to create a normal channel.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    I've noticed something like this before. However, I did something that although both options were visible, clients could only create a sub channel.

@poisonpanik: Why not set this on channel level?
    As you have seen in our sheets, noone (except Direktorium-Group) is allowed to create subchannels on main server.
    Normal users are allowed only to create subchannels in their own channel "Bedienstete" and Management can create it in their area.
    So, set these permissions on those channels, where you allow to create subchannels.
    Of course, you may have to restrict access to those channels, since everyone who can enter it, may create subs there.

I will have to take a look at this. This was for Specterm as he was trying to do this on his server. I figured there was a way and I was just missing it

Thread Information