Forum

After installation of TS3 -> Ask if an identity should be imported

I just had an idea, not sure if this already work somehow (because I backup the whole TS3 data directory):
    After a fresh install of the TS3 client (at first start), ask if an existing identity should be imported or a new one should be created. This would solve the "work" to import an identity, make the imported one to the new default and delete the new created identity.

This might not be a bad idea at all.

If you back up all TS3 config files just copy them back in the right place and the client will already have all settings/identities in place without ever using import/export.
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

Actually, what should be done more:

After installing the TS3, and after going through the setup wizard process, there should be another wizard asking if the identity should be exported.

then, while a fresh install of TS3, asking for importing identity would be more reasonable

I was thinking something similar willy_sunny but it wouldn't do much good until you use a privilidge key or someone grants you permissions on a server. I guess an option would be "Key successful - Do you want to export your identity now?" This doesn't help for those that are granted permissions by others but we can protect EVERYONE from themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If you back up all TS3 config files just copy them back in the right place and the client will already have all settings/identities in place without ever using import/export.
    I know, my suggestion is not for me (thats what I wrote in my first post )!

But I read often in this forum that some peoples have problems in importing the identity (and use the imported one). And it is also not logical for me to create a new identity, if the user already have one which needs to be imported. So a question (at first start without identity) if an identity needs to be imported or created seems logical for me.

Thread Information