Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[BUG] Sound clips, PTT stops working

Ok,

So I recently upgraded to a Creative X-fi Titanium. I'm using the DanielK driver based upon the OEM ... This is the most recent available driver for the Titanium ... and I've corrected all problems except for this one, which only happens when TS3 is running. I have been unable to duplicate the same "Clip" in the sound with TS3 not running.

Client Version - 3.0.0-beta22 [Build: 11315]
    Qt Version: 4.6.2
    Server version : 3.0.0-beta25 [Build: 11421]
    OS : Windows 7 64-bit, all windows updates are installed as of today
    DirectX : Version 11, updated via the June dxwebsetup.exe distribution

This happens most frequently when I am in game, especially America's Army 3. It also happens when watching game trailers on steam's client as well as sometimes when watching Youtube.

Description: The best way I can describe the bug is as follows. All sound on my computer will drop out for roughly 1/2 to 1 full second. It just goes quiet with a small pop, and then it comes back on. When it comes back on, my push to talk key will not work in TS3. I can hear other people talk but the only way for me to be able to talk at that point is to go into the options, capture and set it to always send, hit apply, then change back to push to talk, hit apply, then test the mic. Only those three steps fix the problem without shutting down the client and re-starting it.

Unfortunately, in the middle of a match is not a good time to alt-tab to fix my voice comms ... so I'm hoping that my description and information will be enough. The client log does not appear to show anything happening as an error.

My best guess, just based upon what's going on when it happens, is that TS is trying to use the sound card in some fashion that another application is already using it, and this leads to the conflict and loss of sound momentarily. My best guess is probably way off base though.

Would appreciate thoughts or tips to troubleshoot and fix.

Further update: This problem only occurs using the front panel sound jacks. I tested by having my headset on one ear and also using my speakers at the same time, and the audio drop only occurred with the headset.

Hardware Specs:

Sound card : Creative X-fi Titanium PCIe
    Case : Coolermaster HAF932 (using the default i/o front panel)

ok,

Tonight I was getting the error a lot while listening to one song. At one point it happened and I went into the settings to press the "test voice" key to fix my ability to speak, and it happened again right as I pressed that. Generated the following error in the log:

2010-07-22 23:59:09.238292 CapSoundSet Error Failed to open capture device when updating capture system: 2310

Did a forum search for this error code. None of the other threads contained any relevant advice.

I'd appreciate some feedback ... TS3 is a product I pay money for every month ... and it's nearly impossible to use like this.

are you able to do anything else during this small "pop" in the audio? Or does your pc freeze for that moment?

If it's just sound, i might recommend a different driver. Sometimes newer doesn't always equal better.

But this is only a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    are you able to do anything else during this small "pop" in the audio? Or does your pc freeze for that moment?

If it's just sound, i might recommend a different driver. Sometimes newer doesn't always equal better.

But this is only a guess.
    I've tried several different drivers. The computer does not even stutter all ... and the sound keeps on playing through the speakers. It is only related to the front audio jacks and teamspeak. I'm frankly stumped.

why can't you use the rear jacks?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    why can't you use the rear jacks?
    I have the Coolermaster HAR 932 case ... using the rear jacks will shorten the play in my headset cords by a few feet. I'm going to try using them that way with my speakers hooked to the front and see if the problem persists.

But even then ... since it only happens when Teamspeak is running, it is a bug at least on my hardware configuration with a beta product. I would think the developers would welcome thoroughness so they can boast a product without any problems, no?

Have you tried disabling the exclusive mode in your windows sound options?

Go to Recording Devices then select mic and go to Properties->Advanced->Give exclusive mode applications priority

Thread Information