Forum

Weblist enhancement ideas

Based on how it works/looks in 11888

1. Show the reserved slot count (using public as example I see 400 slots with only 397 in use, without knowing 3 are reserved I would think there is room for me to connect)
    2. set minimum column width on columns so that column name is not cut off
    3. setup a way for server to provide domain name to use in place of IP (using the IP with the bookmark option can be a problem for servers with dynamic IP or wanting request to go through the TSDNS server)
    4. hide servers when full servers filter option is selected and slots count - reserved slots =< current clients (actually think this is more of a bug)

If #3 can already be done, please let me know.
    Last edited by Screech; September 27th, 2012 at 05:07 PM.

For number 2 I think that is fixed or at least the window is remembering the width from last time the window was open.

Any developer thoughts on the others?

Hello

Yes, for the 2, window is remembering the width from last time the window was open

For 3, this option will be included for the final version.

For 4, you have an option to hide a full server.

Figured since I just linked this topic in a new thread I'll update and bump this thread. Update is to #3 so that if the server's host wants people connecting to use an address that is in a TSDNS configuration rather that which ever IP the server reports to the web server list.

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    For 3, this option will be included for the final version.
    I still don't see it... been final awhile.

Cool

The server list must be updated, the only thing that had changed in the TeamSpeak 3 scene on the Server-List is that an FAQ button was added.

It is time to bring this functionality & Graphically up to date.

My feedback point:
    • New filter rules such as "Server Tag" Public (free channels), Minecraft or PUBG.
    • Just put a report on server list hook is really stupid. There should be a little more imagination in the game with more details. Edit Virtualserver > "Server-List"
    • + Server Tag (first fb-point).
    • + The country should be manually definable.
    • - The region / city should be left out of the server-list it is really superfluous.
    • The non-licensed servers are currently on the server list in the majority to visit, it would be better this hide or without an accurate search these should not be loaded.
    • Verified servers such as NPL, AAL & ATHP servers should better have the chance to be favored. (A verified server badge should be introduced )

The community is in demand what would you wish for a "perfect server list"?

P.S.: I also ask the TeamSpeak team to comment please.

I have one more point to add:
    • It should also be possible to set a server nickname/TSDNS or a domain.
    Last edited by dante696; February 18th, 2018 at 11:40 AM. Reason: merged, thread merged posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluscream View Post
    asdaasdasdasd
    You revive a thread which has been dead and forgotten for more than 5 years to post a set of 3 screenshots without any explanation and when the forum software tells you that posting screenshots is not enough you prefer to smash your head into your keyboard rather than taking a minute or two to write even a basic description of what these screenshots show?

Wow. Just wow.

Quote Originally Posted by SossenSystems View Post
    New filter rules such as "Server Tag" Public (free channels), Minecraft or PUBG.
    With TeamSpeak's rather complex permissions system, you can't easily tell if you will be able to create "free channels" (if that's what you are hinting at) since the server list doesn't know about your personal server groups and privileges on each server in the list. The server would probably have to construct that information from the default groups and privileges.

The "tag" thing sounds like a good idea. The question is whether you want those tags to be completely user-defined or selectable from a pre-defined list of tags. The more freedom you give people, the more complicated it will be to build that feature. Also think about "tag abuse".

+ The country should be manually definable.
    That might be an option in case geo location fails to determine the correct country. Server owners should not have to configure this manually. Also, some people will abuse the ability to set the country themselves.

- The region / city should be left out of the server-list it is really superfluous.
    I guess you may be right about that.
    The non-licensed servers are currently on the server list in the majority to visit, it would be better this hide or without an accurate search these should not be loaded.
    Verified servers such as NPL, AAL & ATHP servers should better have the chance to be favored. (A verified server badge should be introduced )
    I'm not sure that pushing for more "premium" features is the right way to go with free competitors around. But hey, I'm not a business person, so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    You revive a thread which has been dead and forgotten for more than 5 years to post a set of 3 screenshots without any explanation and when the forum software tells you that posting screenshots is not enough you prefer to smash your head into your keyboard rather than taking a minute or two to write even a basic description of what these screenshots show?

Wow. Just wow.

With TeamSpeak's rather complex permissions system, you can't easily tell if you will be able to create "free channels" (if that's what you are hinting at) since the server list doesn't know about your personal server groups and privileges on each server in the list. The server would probably have to construct that information from the default groups and privileges.

The "tag" thing sounds like a good idea. The question is whether you want those tags to be completely user-defined or selectable from a pre-defined list of tags. The more freedom you give people, the more complicated it will be to build that feature. Also think about "tag abuse".

That might be an option in case geo location fails to determine the correct country. Server owners should not have to configure this manually. Also, some people will abuse the ability to set the country themselves.

I guess you may be right about that.

I'm not sure that pushing for more "premium" features is the right way to go with free competitors around. But hey, I'm not a business person, so what do I know?
    I can't be mad at you cause you didn't know that dante merged mine and sossensystems posts in reverse order

This function already exists for the standard server group.
    I'm glad that you like that ;-)
    I would rather take a pre-defined list!
    It should not be about where the physical location of the server is...
    For example, there are a lot of "German" projects that are on the list in France, that would be really stupid as it is now.
    For this reason, manual configuration should be possible for the TeamSpeak 3 server list to make a better sense & more accurate.

A good example would be TS3index or GameTracker.

That i mean like a example, see the first server entry in the screenshot!
    Name:  Bildschirmfoto vom 2018-02-19 01-23-39.png
Views: 426
Size:  122.1 KB

@dante696 Will the server list ever get a big update?
    Last edited by SossenSystems; February 19th, 2018 at 12:37 AM. Reason: BBcode fix

I would rather take a pre-defined list!
    This implies that someone will have to maintain that list if it's supposed to contain things like game titles.
    It should not be about where the physical location of the server is...
    For example, there are a lot of "German" projects that are on the list in France, that would be really stupid as it is now.
    I think what you really want is the ability to specify one or more languages the user is likely to encounter on a server.

The physical location is more about connection quality. You probably don't want to join a server hosted in China even though it may be run by Germans who live there. The connection quality would be horrible outside China.

Discord uses "regions" for this purpose but that only works because they know their cloud infrastructure and therefore where their servers are located.

TeamSpeak does not know where servers are hosted since everyone can host a server so automatically detecting the location based on IP address was probably the only way to ensure that even servers run by people who are too lazy to configure their servers will be assigned to the correct region even though that region may be off by a few kilometers.

Geo location isn't easy and requires frequent updates to the underlying Geo IP database to be somewhat accurate. But it's still better than having lazy administrators not configure a location at all or introducing yet another annoying "you must configure this setting before starting the server" requirement which makes TeamSpeak more complicated to setup than competitors.

Yes that's also right!
    However, the likelihood that German communities are hosted on Chinese servers is low.

The "Server-Admin" is responsible for using the manual setting.

I think a manual configuration would still be pretty handy.
    If nothing is set manually, the IP2Location database still comes into play.
    If TeamSpeak Systems use the RIPE database for at least European IP blocks would, that would be pretty accurate, since IP2Location causes quite large localization errors.

Es wäre mal Zeit die Serverliste grund zu überholen. Im aktuellen Zustand ist sie nicht nur verwirrend sondern Unbrauchbar...
    Last edited by dante696; May 2nd, 2018 at 06:34 PM. Reason: moved from https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/135650 to right thread

Deshalb habe ich das dazu geschrieben: https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...ancement-ideas
    Wenn ihr diese Punkte alle fixt dann gibt es kein Problem mehr & alle wären Glücklich
    Last edited by dante696; May 2nd, 2018 at 06:34 PM. Reason: moved from https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/135650 to right thread

A Tag Option would be really good.

Thread Information