Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved [Solved] Restrict local mute

Can I stop a user from locally muting an admin?

what do you mean? You cannot prevent a client from muting another client in their own teamspeak. This is a TS client option so there is no way to prevent someone from doing this.

As you already said on Topic. It's something local and you can't do anything against local settings. This also includes contacts; mute; icon packs; styles etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    what do you mean? You cannot prevent a client from muting another client in their own teamspeak. This is a TS client option so there is no way to prevent someone from doing this.
    I could understand that it would be a violation to stop a client from disconnecting from the server, but the client joins a server of his or her own free will, and they should be subject to hear from the channel or server whether they like it or not, and if they do not like it for them to leave. Rather, the server owners alone should decide whether to give clients the option to mute or not mute clients, and admins should have immunity to this.

You must understand that a kick or ban is not always acceptable. In my community we have a problem with authoritarian dispositions, the argument on the absolute rule of one or the rule of the many, or something in-between. Because of the factions that have developed in said community, kicking or banning a user would create a chain reaction and disrupt the community's stability.

Also, why did you delete Stefan1200's post? It was on topic.

Mute should be a local setting allowed to clients of the server's will.

Seems to me you just need to agree a set of rules which everyone connecting to your TS server abides by, from what you've said, there doesn't seem to be any written rules on conduct

I think itīs good that its a clients option.
    Someone would surely abuse it, if it was an admins permission right.
    There is enough in the permission to restrict and unwanted person and furthermore, when someone muted you, you could still send him messages and pokes.

Its the same as in text chats.
    As an Room-Operator or Admin you may mute an user (or set the room to moderated) thus preventing them from writing, but you can stop them from reading in your room. You can only disallow him to enter the room if he shouldnt read the texts.

Thread Information