Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[RELEASE] Advanced Combat Radio Environment (TS3 to ArmA2) plugin

I promised to post up when we released our plugin for TS3 and mod for ArmA2. Its been about 2 weeks now since our release and we have been slamming hard on some bug fixes. We have a fairly stable version at 1.0.5.

Anyway, from our post on the ArmA2 Community Forums:

We would like to introduce to you the ACRE mod, in production by various members of the A2 community. The ACRE mod links ArmA2 and Teamspeak3 to create a more immersive environment in which we play in, including positional audio, real radio communications and complete compatibility with the ACE2 ArmA2 project.

We intend to create the most realistic and immersive radio system within the current gaming world; based off of real life experience and knowledge, as well as the use of physical terrain obscuration, radio loss, distortion, and all other considers a real radio operator must make on a daily basis.

We welcome anyone to supply feedback on this cooperative project.

- ACRE Team -

You can find a link here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103472

You can also find our bug tracker here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3

If you have ArmA2 we invite you to try it out, it really adds to the game!

Thanks Teamspeak 3 devs as well for helping us when we needed it and responding to our bug reports!

sounds awesome, will test it out in the next days. thanks for shareing!

ACRE Plugin

Hello...

I have a litle problem with a Plugin, it calls ACRE.
    ACRE simulate a walkie-talkie in the game ArmA2.
    So it means that the walkie-talkie can have a "dead-zone" or dead-spot.

Attachment 3829
    Last edited by dante696; August 13th, 2010 at 08:22 AM.

More Informations ?

If you have a Response from the TS-Dev's where the Error is you should contact the Plugin-Dev's.

And you should upload the .dmp File for the TS-Dev's.
    Last edited by dante696; August 13th, 2010 at 08:22 AM.

Please upload your crashdump here http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=46880

I've downloaded the plugin and read it loud and clear

it stated that it must only be run with ArmyA 2, and the server side must also support it.

Meaning probably if neither of them are on, you are not able to turn it on.

Just a wild guess.

If you are having issues with ACRE please be sure to post them on our bug tracker and not here.

You will need an account at Dev-Heaven: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/

Just to clarify. The mod is server side required for ArmA2 and only clients running the same version of ACRE you are will work reliably.

Please explain your dead-zone issue as well. If you are talking about radios having a dead zone, then yes, radios do sometimes have dead zones. We simulate realistic radio propagation, please make sure you have a clear line of sight when using the radios.

Quote Originally Posted by NouberNou View Post
    If you are having issues with ACRE please be sure to post them on our bug tracker and not here.

You will need an account at Dev-Heaven: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/

Just to clarify. The mod is server side required for ArmA2 and only clients running the same version of ACRE you are will work reliably.

Please explain your dead-zone issue as well. If you are talking about radios having a dead zone, then yes, radios do sometimes have dead zones. We simulate realistic radio propagation, please make sure you have a clear line of sight when using the radios.
    Someone has to register an account to report a bug? Nice!

ACRE-Mod Plugin failed to load: Failed to open plugin.

Hello everybody,

I have massive problems to load plugins in teamspeak.

It doesn't matter which plugin I want to use, it says: "Plugin failed to load:
    Failed to open plugin."

I already reinstalled windows completely, tried to run TS 3 as admin and so on.
    The newest TS 3 is installed and updated.

I'm using windows7 ultimate 64

I just want to run the ACRE-mod for ARMA II but I also tried other plugins to find out where the problem is.

Maybe you can help me.
    Thankyou
    Tonic

How does ACRE work?

Hello,
    I'm a programmer and I'm interested in making an addon for teamspeak to link into a game and provide directional/3d voip audio, similar to the ACRE addon for ArmA2. Is anyone familiar with how that works? The main thing I'm not sure of is how the addon would communicate with the game.

The only thing I can think if is how mumble positional audio plugins work - you must find the byte addresses in the game using memory searching software and put those into the mumble plugin.

The game is Darkest Hour, which is a mod for Red Orchestra: Ostfront, which is built in the unreal 2004 engine. The byte addresses are dynamic, so I'm hoping that because I have access to game source code (unrealscript, not the native/dll code) I can feed the data some other way.

So ultimately I'm trying to find out how ACRE works, in hopes that there's a method other than the byte address one.

Thanks!

After a days worth of research, I'm now able to successfully transmit my position from the game to Teamspeak. I use the ClientQuery plugin's TCP server to store a string of my X,Y,Z coords in my client's client_meta_data.

From here I figured I would have to hook when someone starts speaking, and compare their coords to mine to determine their distance/position. But I notice functions like ts3client_systemset3DListenerAttributes() that suggest each client can tell TS their own location and TS will calculate how to position the voices for each listener.

If this is the case, there's no need to use ClientQuery - I should create a TCP server in my own plugin and when coords are set I should immediately set the clients position using the 3D functions, rather than putting in client_meta_data.

Is the ClientQuery plugin source code available? I'm not sure how to setup a TCP server in my plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    Not sure what you're saying here - the Walkie Talkie plugin doesn't seem to have anything to do with 3d/positional audio.

ACRE has both positional audio and radio distorstion, I thought you want to make both.

ACRE Plugin

Hiho TS-guys i just got a question about the new TS build:

I'm using that acre plugin for arma2 for a long time, i always used voice activation in TS, cause i don't wanna press a button all the time. For some reason, with the new build of Ts, that's not working anymore with that acre plugin. The creator of that addon changed both, the 32 and the 64bit version of the plugin and it seems to work with the current TS build BUT, there's a big issue!!

My question: Did you guys change anything in the api or source code or whatever it is, regarding voice activation? When i use push to talk on TS, everything works fine, but as soon as i select voice ac, i talk ingame, my mic gets auto-ultra-sensitive on TS and transmits even if i slightly move my head.

Would be nice if you could give me an info bout it, cause i need both TS3 (super awesome) and ACRE (super super awesome) next to bread and water

I hope you guys can help me..

Cheers

Rudy

Thread has been merged
    Last edited by dante696; November 23rd, 2011 at 02:37 PM.

Thread Information