Forum

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dildau View Post
    so how do i make only 1 specific user be able to speak in one specific channel ?.
    1- Set in the channel, Needed Talk Power > 0
    Right click on the channel name ... Edit Channel > Standart > Moderation > ...
    2- Set for that user, Talk Power >= channel Needed Talk Power value.
    Fisrt put this user in that channel. Right click on the user name > Permissions > Channel Client permissions > ...
    filter by "Talk" > and set i_client_talk_power or Client Talk Power .... Note: Be sure "Show granted only" box, is unchecked.

Quote Originally Posted by dildau View Post
    also if possible for that user to join only that one channel.
    Sorry, I don't understand this question.
    Last edited by Jordi; January 14th, 2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: typo

i mean, that user can access only that channel, except default channel

ps. thx for the info so far

Hey,

i want to edit my Channels so that only one ServerGroup can join them. I can do this with the move-power but the problem is that i have 2 Clans on my TS. So i want that the 1. Clan only can join their rooms and the other Clan only can join their own rooms. When i give one of them more JoinPower the first Clan can only join their own rooms but the secound Clan can also go in the firstclans rooms.

Can i assign the Channels to the groups ?

Hope you understand me my english isn't the best :P

Greetz
    Markus

There are no way to get this problem fixed with servergroups ? becouse add everyone to the channel group is a littlebit retartet.

*** Thread Merged ***
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 26th, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrazzer View Post
    There are no way to get this problem fixed with servergroups ? becouse add everyone to the channel group is a littlebit retartet.
    If you know the Databade_ID for each user (you can find it in server groups), you can assign the users to the New_channel_group, even they are offline.
    Permissions > Channel Groups > ...right click on the New channel group name ... > Clients in channel group > ... select channel > Add > database ID

Now i have Servergroups for every Game/Channel i want to seperate from the others. So i have the persons who need the channel groups ^^ and then i take all of the servergroups and take them to the channelgroups

thx 4 all

Private Channels

We have a clan server for teamspeak. What I would like to do is give certain members private channels without giving them admin privileges. I would like to allow them to enter their own channel and be able to drag people down into their channel but not allow anyone else to enter that channel unless they have the channel's owner drag them in. However, I don't want them to be able to drag people around unless it's only to move them into their own channel.

I know we can set a password on the channel, but I would imagine that after a while I am going to be changing passwords for people regularly...

Is there a way to do this without passwords?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    I read through that a little bit after posting, but it's still a little unclear to me. I'm not very up to speed on the permissions system. It's a little complex for me since I don't have a real good understanding of it, yet. However, I will try to follow those instructions and see what I can do.

Thanks!

Well, this isn't really going to work...

User A needs to only be able to join Channel A
    User B needs to only be able to join Channel B
    etc
    etc

If we do a join power, then they are going to all be able to join each others channel... So what do I do in that situation? My understanding is that if Channel A has a join power of 50 and Channel B has a join power of 60, then user A can't get into channel B but user B will be able to get into Channel A. That's not going to work...

--- Merged ---

I figured it out... For anyone needing to know, you can't follow this guide and do what I did.

Say your normal group has a join power of 50. The individual member channels should be set to something like 51 (I used 60).
    Then in the Channel Client Permission, you put in that channel's owner's ID and bring them up by clicking on the little triangle. Make sure their channel is highlighted, and then set the i_channel_join_power to 51 (or 60 like I did).

This will grant that person the join power of 60 only for that channel. Now all channels can have a join power of 60, but only those users assigned their own channels can get into it. Other people have to be moved into the channel. I then set client permissions on each channel user to grant them move power to move clients around.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; January 17th, 2012 at 07:43 AM.

Hello,

I was reading few threads but cant get this thing working :P

So... i have to set specific server groups to join specific channels
    IE. alpha team would be able to join alpha channel, lobby and all other channels but not the beta and gamma chanel; then, beta would be able to join beta channel and all others except alpha and gamma channels and so on

Would it be possible to make that? :P

Thank You in advance!

MatijaP

This is what i did step-by-step and it isnt working
    1. In the Guest server group removed i_channel_join_power permissions
    2. created channel group and set i_channel_join_power value on 10and on b_group_is_permanent value on tick
    3. set one channel's i_channel_needed_join_power value on 10, and still.. every1 can join, do i have to edit other server groups? :P
    Because I have 5-10 of them, idk what the premissions are atm
    TY!

So...
    to bring a little closer to u what I need :P

Everyone can get into channels: Lobby, Recruit Center, Diplomacy and AFK
    now, we have 3 teams, team A, B and C; and i would like to set that team A can only join team A channels but not b and c, team b can join channel b but not the a and c and so on...
    and only clan members would be able to join IE. team company channels, platoon channels, coffe room channel and so on..
    Is it possible in some way? and ye, the other group, friends, could join only ie, team copmany and coffe room channel
    I know it needs alot of time but i could use this very very well :d
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 26th, 2012 at 08:53 AM.

Hello

Make sure that b_client_skip_channelgroup_permission is unchecked in the server groups.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; February 9th, 2012 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Hello

Make sure that the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permission is unchecked in the server groups.
    b_client_skip_channelgroup_permission doens't have any premissions, should i check it and then uncheck?

--- Merged ---

Okay.. I made half-public server, but now I have to set A person just to join A channel and all others except B and C channel, set the B person to join B channel and all others except A and C channel.....
    Last edited by florian_fr40; March 26th, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

Merged the 2 solutions is not easy (Read this : http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...er-half-public)

You could cross the information from these 2 threads.

That was very usefull thank You
    Now only to set user A to join channel A but not B and C and tha's it

Thread Information