Forum

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    It's not complicated at all and has been described numerous Times in these Forums by me and others.

Channelgroup Member:
    channel_join_power = 20

GameChannel1 , 2 and 3: (and any others you don't want guests to be in)
    needed_channel_join_power = 20

Player 1 gets the Channelgroup in GameChannel 1
    Player 2 gets the Channelgroup in GameChannel 1 and 2
    Player 3 in 1 and 3
    Player 4 in 3

and so on.

For the ALl Games channel you could either given all your Members the Channelgroup in that Channel or just make that CHannel have a needed_join_power of 10 and then create a Servergroup with a channel_join_power of 10 and give that servergroup to any member.

That process is way more complicated than it needs to be.... plain and simple. I have tried all of the suggestions I have found and I can not assign more than one channel group to a person nor does it stop anyone with a higher integer from entering a room that they should not have acess.

Having to go thru and assign everyone indivually is really kind of a backwards way of doing thing.

Who said anything about assigning multiple Channelgroups to the same Person? Nobody because its not possible.

There is just a single Channelgroup required. What is complicated about that exactly? It may require a bit of effort to assign them but you don't have to do it all alone and even if it doesn't have to happen in an hour...

And if you really wanted to you could automate all of it by writing a script, but that's where it can get complicated.

Fantastic!

Do you have some Permission tips and tricks you want to share? Here's mine..

I saw the stick about restricting access to rooms by user, which by the way was a fantastic idea to use the channel groups to let certain people in to rooms. Things like this may not immediately strike users/admins to be possible unless you have a deep intrinsic understanding of the workings of the permission system.

So, do you have any really nice tips or tricks with permissions?

One basic thing I do when I am setting up a server for the first time is to duplicate the server groups and assign a new identity to the backup.. That way if I screw something up badly, I can log in to the server using the other identity and get the original admin permissions I had before, then I can either tweak to fix OR delete the damaged group and make a new duplicate from the still working one.

The other thing I think is important, duplicate the admin server group and create a little bit lesser admin that cannot alter crucial settings on your server or edit your standard rooms etc. If anything goes wrong and you had all full admins, you have no clue what went on because those admins could run amok and cause a lot of trouble/damage. Even friends you trust, giving them a little bit of a lesser admin account protects YOU and THEM because you cannot blame them for things they simply cannot do.

So, there are my basic basic ideas. Does anyone else have any either basic ideas of techniques that make things possible that perhaps people may not think about?

Thread has been moved
    Please do not open a second thread about the same topic
    Last edited by dante696; June 29th, 2012 at 12:27 PM.

Why was my tips and tricks thread moved into this thread about locking down rooms for specific users? I cited that as an example of one that I liked and I then went into detail about other tips and asking for other peoples tips. This is completely in the wrong place..... Did anyone even bother to read the whole thing instead of saying my thread was about the topic of this current thread??

Really tough issue with server groups

Alright so this is a hard issue for me to figure out. I have a few different groups that use my server. One of my groups asked to prevent all people that are not part of their group from joining their channels. I tried to make this work but i could not figure it out without screwing up access to another channel that is for people over the age of 18 only, this channels access is governed by a server group that is assigned to people under 18. I will attach a copy of my permission list. the server group that belongs to the group that wants the restriction is entitled southwest virtual and the server group that restricts the 18 and under members is called under 18. Please let me know if you need me to explain anything in more detail.

Thread got moved
    Last edited by dante696; July 6th, 2012 at 09:44 AM.

Is there another way to do it using server groups?

There is no one-button solution for your enquiry. You definitely have to solve this via join_power and it also includes setting needed_join_power permissions to respective channels.

Quote Originally Posted by dsflyerds View Post
    Is there another way to do it using server groups?
    As the name suggests SERVER Groups grant Permissions on the entire SERVER, not specific Channels which is what you need in order to fulfill your Request.

Making a channel that only spesific group will be able to join.

how do I Make a channel that only spesific group will be able to join?

How to make a Private channel for spesic group?

How to make a Private channel for spesic group?
    like this:
    http://gyazo.com/230d98287103d089d1e43b6c4dedf298

This thread was moved
    Last edited by dante696; July 16th, 2012 at 11:28 AM.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...cific-channel)

I use method #2 there with some modifications. I have my server set up so that no admin or anyone else can go into secure rooms unless people who have been assigned the proper channel group for that room drag the people into that room. Even my admin's cannot just bust into a room using the #2 technique on that link. However you need to make sure that if you do want it completely secure even from admin's that all admin and other server groups have the following DISABLED (unchecked)

b_channel_join_ignore_password
    b_channel_join_ignore_maxclients
    b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions

This way people simply cannot get in unless they have been assigned the channel group on that channel. I also set join power on the channel to 0 also, so even if someone some how had enough join power, the room its self will cancel it out and deny entrance without the channel group.

If you want to make sure admins or anyone else cannot get into the room, also make sure you disable them from being able to alter your permission system and disable them from being able to make tokens, because tokens could be created for a room channel group and get people in that way...

Thread Information