Forum

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Yea, i used this method too, but also the 1st. I think that's the more useful st, if you follow "Channel rights", then look after i_channel_needed_join_power and write down their for example 80. So now you go to server groups and look at the group, you will to join i_channel_join_power . Write down their 80 too, so no other group can join in this channel, which has got join power under 80 ! (of course Admins can)

My method bypasses all this because server groups by default are overwritten by channel groups, which is why i gave those 3 permissions to uncheck for all server groups. This, coupled with setting "join power" to 0 on the secure rooms means that even if an admin gave themselves somehow maximum join power, the room would overrule it and they would effectively have 0 again Channel admin is the way to go because if you disable the ability for admins to alter permissions (including channel permissions) AND the ability to create tokens, then the only way for an admin or anyone else to assign the required channel group is to someone who is already in that channel, aka already authorized to be there.

As long as Admins can still assign Groups they can get in No need for a Privilege Key...

lol... how? Channel groups can only be assigned to someone who is already in that channel if you can't make a token or see a list of members. Since there are no server groups with a higher enough join power to get in the room, the only way to get in is to be assigned the channel group that has the required join power. The only way you can do that is to right click someone and assign it, which is only useful if they are already in that room they want to get into. They cannot just assign it to themselves if you do your permissions right.

---merged---

My client has add and remove member of 75 so I can assign myself the main server admin group if and when I need to make these changes, otherwise I have the same level of admin as my top admin's which is limited from altering permissions, creating tokens, seeing channel group members etc. I create the private rooms using my main server admin and set up the permissions and create a token for the person so they will become channel admin of their own room. Then they can drag people into their room if they want too and then they have the power to assign a channel access chanel group which can let other people get in and out any time they want. Either way, the only possible method to "break in" is to have the channel group assigned IN that particular room, which without the prior methods can only be assigned to someone while they are actually in the room already. Since only the room's intended owner has access only they can get more people into their own room.

I wanted perfect privacy so nobody can get into rooms unauthorized. Even my main main server config server group I use to set things up has those 3 prior mentioned permissions removed so even I cannot accidentally just walk into anyones private rooms.
    Last edited by dante696; July 16th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    As long as Admins can still assign Groups they can get in No need for a Privilege Key...
    Well after testing our server for a little while I think you agree that if you accomodate for the methods that are possible to bypass this protection then it is indeed secure, as your test showed.

The stipulations are that nobody other than the owner can see channel group members, set client permissions and that admins cannot bypass channel group restrictions or create server groups / channel groups with join power or join abilities. Also if private rooms are a branch off from another room, be sure that either nobody can access that higher level room to prevent someone's channel group spilling over into its child rooms, or that you assign the b_channel_group_inheritance_end to all the channels concerened to prevent someone from gaining access by proxy from the secure room's parent room.

Unless I have forgotten to mention something, that is required to make sure nobody can bypass the protection. Make sure default join power is 0 and requirement 100 on each private room and maybe even disable all three join types also. Use the channel group to give access for that specific room. You cannot get better privacy and security for rooms in my opinion.

edit: One thing I remembered just now is you have to also prevent admins from being able to create tokens. This is because someone could make a token for the channel admin or "Channel Access" channel group and use it to get into a secure room.
    Last edited by Morthawt; August 23rd, 2012 at 03:10 PM.

and...what can i do if i have this situation:
    Game1 and Game2
    Game1 User shouldn't join Game2 Channel
    Game2 User shouldn't join Game1 Channel

this is the option i'm looking for
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2v0g4ef&s=6
    the problem is that it doesn't longer exist!
    is there any other possibility?

TeamSpeak 3 tutorial

Can anyone make TeamSpeak 3 tutorial regarding restrict channel access "user join a specific channel" and upload it to Youtube for all the noobies (like me)................... and post the link here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ReBeL View Post
    Can anyone make TeamSpeak 3 tutorial regarding restrict channel access "user join a specific channel" and upload it to Youtube
    Reading post#1 here:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...cific-channel)
    is not enough?

I cant git mine to work, I have done everything but cant get it to work

How would I go about doing this? I have a bunch of channels for different games and I want it so if I assign you a group that says you have that game you can join that games channel and if I assign you another group for another game you can join the other games channel also

Quote Originally Posted by lramos15 View Post
    How would I go about doing this? I have a bunch of channels for different games and I want it so if I assign you a group that says you have that game you can join that games channel and if I assign you another group for another game you can join the other games channel also
    Hum...
    To join specific channels, it's a matter of giving the channel permissions (with higher join power) to the users playing those games. However, those permissions only work channel wide. You can't assign a server permission ("Group that says you have that game in the server") and expect it to give access to a specific channel.

One workaround, is creating ServerGroups with the single purpose of identification the games players are playing, and then to those players, give them Channel permissions in the respective channels they are playing. If you want to use something like this, this would go like:

TS3 EXAMPLE : (lets set this example with LoL (League of Legends) and WoT (World of Tanks)

TS3 Server main room
    -- LoL Main hall
    ---- LoL Party 1
    ---- LoL Party 2
    -- WoT Main hall
    ---- WoT Party 1
    ---- WoT Party 2

PERMISSIONS:

Channel specific permissions

LoL and WoT Main hall's:
    i_channel_needed_join_power = 30

LoL and WoT Party 1 and Party 2
    i_channel_needed_join_power = 40

Servergroups

LoL/WoT Servergroup:
    b_group_is_permanent = True
    i_icon_id = (find and upload one LoL/WoT 16x16 icon).

Channelgroups
    GamePlayer Channelgroup:
    i_channel_join_power = 40

With this setting, you can do what you want, but you need to give the GamePlayer Channelgroup in main halls, and then they can access the Party 1 and 2 subchannels. Servergroups, as i previously told, would work as gametags to identify players playing them!

Hope this helps.
    /cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hnd11 View Post
    Hum...
    To join specific channels, it's a matter of giving the channel permissions (with higher join power) to the users playing those games. However, those permissions only work channel wide. You can't assign a server permission ("Group that says you have that game in the server") and expect it to give access to a specific channel.

One workaround, is creating ServerGroups with the single purpose of identification the games players are playing, and then to those players, give them Channel permissions in the respective channels they are playing. If you want to use something like this, this would go like:

TS3 EXAMPLE : (lets set this example with LoL (League of Legends) and WoT (World of Tanks)

TS3 Server main room
    -- LoL Main hall
    ---- LoL Party 1
    ---- LoL Party 2
    -- WoT Main hall
    ---- WoT Party 1
    ---- WoT Party 2

PERMISSIONS:

Channel specific permissions

LoL and WoT Main hall's:
    i_channel_needed_join_power = 30

LoL and WoT Party 1 and Party 2
    i_channel_needed_join_power = 40

Servergroups

LoL/WoT Servergroup:
    b_group_is_permanent = True
    i_icon_id = (find and upload one LoL/WoT 16x16 icon).

Channelgroups
    GamePlayer Channelgroup:
    i_channel_join_power = 40

With this setting, you can do what you want, but you need to give the GamePlayer Channelgroup in main halls, and then they can access the Party 1 and 2 subchannels. Servergroups, as i previously told, would work as gametags to identify players playing them!

Hope this helps.
    /cheers
    Yes but what about channel admin?
    Last edited by lramos15; July 1st, 2013 at 04:25 PM.

Channel Admin is a channel group. It works similarly as the GamePlayer ChannelGroup, with some extra powers...

security channel

Hello I would like to know if it possible that when I create two dirty on the TS I bit limited access.

Example I want "jean" can go on channel 1 may not in channel 2, and marc can access the channel 2 to channel 1 may not, without a password!

I tried putting the channel permissions May it not work.

Thank you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by letyrex View Post
    Example I want "jean" can go on channel 1 may not in channel 2, and marc can access the channel 2 to channel 1 may not, without a password!
    This thread:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...cific-channel)

Thread Information