Forum

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Unsure

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    The question often return and it is not easy to explain the permission system of Teamspeak 3 simply with words.

It is very powerful but sometimes maybe a bit complicated.

I present here to you 2 solutions in several others, to restrict access to a channel.
    In a second step, you have the opportunity to give some power to CA.

First of all:
    You have to us the Advanced permission mode : Settings > Options > "Application" part > check Advanced permissions system

#1 - Restrict channel access by Join Permission :

1 - In the Guest server group remove these permissions :
    • b_channel_join_permanent
    • b_channel_join_semi_permanent
    • b_channel_join_temporary

(i_channel_join_power if it's necessary)

2 - Create a new Channel Group with these permissions :
    • b_channel_join_permanent
    • b_group_is_permanent

If you want allow access for some specific channels (public channel)
    1 - Right click on channel
    2 - Channel Permissions
    3 - Add b_channel_join_permanent

Now, you have to switch each users on a desired channel and add them in the new Channel Group.

#2 - Restrict channel access by Join Power :

1 - In the Guest server group:
    • Remove i_channel_join_power (if it's needed)

2 - Create a new channel group with these permissions :
    • i_channel_join_power (e.g. value = 10)
    • b_group_is_permanent

3 - For each specific channels you have to add this permission :
    • i_channel_needed_join_power (e.g. value = 10)

Please note : is there a sub channel currently you also have to add the needed power.

Now, you have to switch each users on a desired channel and add them in the new Channel Group.

How to give the permission to CA that moved his users :

Of course the Channel Admin (channel group must has the same join permissions)
    For example, you can use the Normal (server group) for each CA

In this server group Add i_move_power (e.g. value = 25)
    Attention, after that All CA users can move every one on the server. Just say to all CA "don't cause problem or no channel "

#3 - Make a half public server:
    This case is specific. You have several channels without any restriction (like a public channel), and several other for some specific groups.
    Of course it is out of the question set for each channel a join power permission.

But you can use the negativ join power for that

1 - Set the negativ permission
    For the Guest (or default) server group and other server groups who should not access the reserved channels :
    • i_channel_join_power = -1

2 - For the public channels
    • Right click > Edit channel > Permissions tab > Join = -1

Now for the other channel and members group the join power is useless.

Of course you have a lot of possibilities to make a restriction. This tuto show you a simple configuration like a line of thought.

So I have tired to follow these steps but I do not think that I have done it right or it might not be for what I am looking for so I hope someone can help me.

I have a TS3 and I want to restrict who can access the channels that I have set up. The main channel is called 'The Waiting room' and here is where I want people to end up when they log into our TS3 account until I have given them permissions to Normal, up from guest. I do not want anyone to be able to move out of that channel to any other one until these permissions have been given. I would like to have all other channels restricted by all people until I make them Normal (I believe they are all guests until Normal has been asigned to them).

How do I edit my channels and permissions to ensure that people cannot move from the Waiting Room channel to my other channels until it has been assigned to them. I have tried the above mentioned but for some reason I dont think it is working or perhaps I have not done it correctly?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SilverReig View Post
    So I have tired to follow these steps but I do not think that I have done it right or it might not be for what I am looking for so I hope someone can help me.

I have a TS3 and I want to restrict who can access the channels that I have set up. The main channel is called 'The Waiting room' and here is where I want people to end up when they log into our TS3 account until I have given them permissions to Normal, up from guest. I do not want anyone to be able to move out of that channel to any other one until these permissions have been given. I would like to have all other channels restricted by all people until I make them Normal (I believe they are all guests until Normal has been asigned to them).

How do I edit my channels and permissions to ensure that people cannot move from the Waiting Room channel to my other channels until it has been assigned to them. I have tried the above mentioned but for some reason I dont think it is working or perhaps I have not done it correctly?

Thanks
    For your request I would recommend to do:
    Modify Guest servergroup and make sure it has either unchecked or not present:
    b_channel_join_ permissions
    Edit 'The Waiting room' and make sure it is set as Default.
    verify that your Normal servergroup has:

This doesn't influence whether guests can be moved by someone with enough permissions.

Test and post results.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    For your request I would recommend to do:
    Modify Guest servergroup and make sure it has either unchecked or not present:
    Edit 'The Waiting room' and make sure it is set as Default.
    verify that your Normal servergroup has:

This doesn't influence whether guests can be moved by someone with enough permissions.

Test and post results.

Ok so here is the issue that I am having. I followed the steps above and tried to test it on a guild member by changing them to Guest on the TS account and asked him to see if he could swap to another channel and he still could. I went back and made sure that he was not on the client list from when he set to Normal and it did not seem to make any difference, he was still able to move through to my other channels. I am left wondering if there is something that I have missed or changed that allows this to happen. If I go into his client permissions and remove access to perm or semi perm channels he can move about and then becomes locked out of The Waiting room. I do wonder if there is something that prevents this because I rent a server from a provider or maybe I am missing a lot more in the security blocks and allowance which causes me so much grief.

I also have something else that is one I am not sure of and wonder if anyone can help me figure this out too. When I look at the server groups it shows that there are 4994 Server Admins, 4995 Normal & 4996 Guests. Now there are not that many of us in the guild and a lot less that use the teamspeak account. Does this have something to do with the fact that I rent the server? As though there are many people on one server and my account just share with this many other people or is that something very wrong. Our access is password protected and we have not had any uninvited people enter, it just seemed odd at first look.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverReig View Post
    When I look at the server groups it shows that there are 4994 Server Admins, 4995 Normal & 4996 Guests.
    Thanks.
    Those group ID-s being so high is completely normal.
    If you want to, I can take a look. Right now I don't see why from defaults this should not work.
    Create a temporary password that lasts few days and send me(PM) your server info.

I should probably mention that in order to let those people join back into default channel you would have to make checked in that channel permissions:
    b_channel_join_permanent

Thanks

Nice post.Thanks for sharing.

@ How to restrict channel access

Hi, the technique #2 works in my teamspeak but I need this to work for other channels and permissions e.g. there's a channel with joinpower 10 and a server group has 10 that works fine until a secondary channel and servergroup come in as if I put the value above 10 they can join the one with 10 such as below means the one with 10 can join them, I need a solution please.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatflow View Post
    Hi, the technique #2 works in my teamspeak but I need this to work for other channels and permissions e.g. there's a channel with joinpower 10 and a server group has 10 that works fine until a secondary channel and servergroup come in as if I put the value above 10 they can join the one with 10 such as below means the one with 10 can join them, I need a solution please.
    In this case you have to use channel groups.
    #2 way actually suggest to do solution based on use of channel groups.

Therefore I'm puzzled what you did or what is your scenario.
    Re-read #2 way again and try again. You will need only one channel group for this. Which will be assigned to users in their channels.

This is explained in the starting post of this sticky thread in the "Permission system" Forum:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...cific-channel)

Just give all channels the same needed join power, create a 'Member' Channel group which has permission to join the power you set, then drag the user to the top (parent) channel of his /her game and assign channel group member to them, by default settings all permissions of that group are inherited to all sub channels of the parent channel. So you don't need to bother with several groups.
    If you wanna have special icons for the user of every game create server groups for that.
    So, channel groups for permissions and server group for icons.

I would add to this. Set your needed join power on the channel, but also set the join power its self to 0 on the channel. That way if someone has join power from a server group it will be overwritten and prevent them from entering unless they have been assigned the channel group in the main channel for that section where the other sub-channels branch off.

server group to deny access to a common channel

I have a common channel everyone uses that is supposed to be swear word free. Is there a way to assign someone a server group such that they can not enter that room?
    Last edited by dante696; October 6th, 2015 at 03:23 PM. Reason: merged

Not with a server group, however you can use a channel group that denies them entrance to the channel it was given in. So if they enter the channel, then misbehave you'll give them said channel group and then kick them out of the channel. They won't be able to join that channel again, unless dragged in by someone else or unless that channel group was removed from them.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Problems with permission system

Hey,
    I added a few Servergroups on my TS-3 Server. Besides the serveradmin, all groups run as 'normal'.
    The join power (needed_join_power & channel_needed_join_power) of all groups, except server admin, is set to lower as 75.
    So I created a channel for the serveradmin and set the (channel_)needed_join_power to 75.
    Nevertheless, the other groups can still join this channel. What did I do wrong ?
    TIA and sorry for my bad english ,
    IXAAM
    Last edited by dante696; October 31st, 2016 at 10:31 PM. Reason: merged

The permission i_channel_needed_join_power does not belong into a group.
    Remove it from all groups, but do not remove the Grant of 75 from your own group.

This is not helpfull.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information