Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Question [SUGGESTION]Editable Server nationaliy

Hi,

Although we are Hungarian Community (klanok.hu) our server is in Germany. It is cheaper and more comfortable for us and we get professional assistance to our server. Unfortunately Hungarian users will never find us through "Web Server List" due to this issue. Can you please implement a server location override in Virtual Server config? Is it possible? Thank you.
    Last edited by Slater; August 3rd, 2010 at 11:45 AM.

Such a feature won't be included. We dislike idea of showing something, that isn't true.
    This was build in to show, where a server is from. And it seems not to be fair to cheat with a country.

Yes you are right, my solution is not acceptable in this form. But Server Nationality is more important as Server Location. Many Communities owns server in different countries thus Nationality is more important than pure location. Server Location is a technical data, most users confuse it with server's nationality. Of course you can filter by this data only but I think it's confusing. Maybe dropdown fields (as seen in Contacts) would be handy. (Filter by Nationality / Filter by Location). Nationality would be a server parameter (Country or International or Clan(?)) assigned by the server admin.
    Last edited by Slater; August 3rd, 2010 at 11:41 AM.

maby there could be an option where you can select what languages are spoken on the server and its community? there could be a tab within the server properties where the admin can select what languages his community speaks. that way, Hungarian users can filter servers which have hungarian speaking clients / community.

Quote Originally Posted by azzy101 View Post
    maby there could be an option where you can select what languages are spoken on the server and its community? there could be a tab within the server properties where the admin can select what languages his community speaks. that way, Hungarian users can filter servers which have hungarian speaking clients / community.
    Since the server knows which countries the clients are from that connect to it we could even do better and make some clever automated "most common language" detection. But for this we would not only have to keep track (statistics) of which type of users connected but also we would need some country-code to predominant language table (e.g. USA and great Britain have the same language...). So, it might be interesting but also not such a high priority.

I think for the language option it would be easiest if the server owner had an option to specific language(s) used on the server versus trying to automate the process since a server might be in Germany but the language spoken could be English.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Since the server knows which countries the clients are from that connect to it we could even do better and make some clever automated "most common language" detection. But for this we would not only have to keep track (statistics) of which type of users connected but also we would need some country-code to predominant language table (e.g. USA and great Britain have the same language...). So, it might be interesting but also not such a high priority.
    In Europe there are many international clans with just English as language, but with members from Germany, Hungary, Poland, Italy, Spain, etc. No automatic detection is able to see this .

Ok so lets say in the final release of Teamspeak ( i mean when it is non beta ) , we assume that the community written language packs are implemented into the client its-self. several dozen languages are already supported. At this point the server could detect what language pack the client uses and based upon Client ID's it can see statisticly the top 5 languages that connect to the server. I am sure many europeans speak english quite well, and communicate on ts in english if they are in a guild/clan etc.. but i am sure they would pick the language pack of their native language.

I think your and Peter's suggestion is too complicated. The simplest way if the Server Admin sets a property in the server (Country name, International TeamSpeak or Clan name). These flags will serve the community better than Server Location, believe me.
    Last edited by Slater; August 3rd, 2010 at 08:57 PM.

Who cares if my server is located in England but my prefered language is German? I think specifiying the servers primary language is a good idea and this info might me much more useful to others than the location... especially when the auto-detected region and city are not even close to the real values...

But anyway, as Peter already stated, this is not a high priority task...

Thread Information