Forum

Settings & Bookmark are gone

Once my PC finished booting, I launched TS3 from the start menu. Nothing happened for about a minute, so I clicked it again. A minute or so later, I had two clients up. When I went to try and close one through the program list next to my clock, I got an extremely undescriptive BSOD.

Now that I'm up and running again, I found that most of the settings in TS3 went away. All that remained in tact were my bookmarks and user ID. My contacts, theme selection, custom sound preferences and everything else went away.

I checked the logs just now and found no problems.

TS3 client: 3.0.0-beta23 [Build: 11937]

Sry to tell you, but when the config file is used in that moment, you computer crashes, then you will loose your settings. It just has to be 1 line in the config file, that can destroy the rest.

It's no bug

Thing is, the client had already successfully launched up twice with all of my settings. My PC only crashed when I went to find one of the tray icons to close an instance. I didn't even get as far as clicking one of them.

Okay, I think it's an issue with the built-in update mechanism. A friend of mine also lost their settings. Their client (beta 25, windows x86) disconnected them randomly and told them they had an update available (even though they had the latest version already). It then finished and crashed when she clicked the 'OK' button, and lost all of her settings.

Perhaps this needs to be moved back to the 'Bug Report' section afterall?

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany

All bookmarks lost on improper PC shutdown

I left my computer running all of last night (ts was running too). I woke up this morning and went to go on the PC and it wouldn't come up and ask me for my PW so I went ahead and held in the power button (don't recommend it). On PC restart, I opened TS and clicked bookmarks only to find all of them were gone except for TS public! I went to my boomarks.ini and inside was a bunch of jibberish such as NUL NUL NUL NUL (I opened the ini with notepad++). Something happened (I don't know what) and all of my bookmarks were zapped. Has this happened to anyone else?

I requested an .backup function for TS 3.1, maybe it will be included, so that the client creates an .backup file before it saves something into your current ini files.

I just had this same issue

I'd like to see the .backup bookmark option please

Quote Originally Posted by ShuShu View Post
    I'd like to see the .backup bookmark option please
    You can already do that (=> manual tip)
    The bookmarks are in the ini file in the "TS3Client" folder (the settings folder).
    Make a copy of this file e.g. in your USB Key

All boomarks suddenly gone

Don't know how or why, but my all by bookmarks are now gone.
    TS3 client never crashed, neither did my system or other programs on it.
    Everything was just fine when I shut down my computer last night, and now this morning all my 20+ bookmarks are gone. The bookmarks.ini file shows a modified date/time that matches the time the TS3 client was launched upon system boot yesterday.

Not a critical bug, but a little annoying :/

TS3 client v3.0.6
    Win7 pro eng

If the Bookmarks.ini still has content you should be fine making a backup of it, then close client and copy it back, your bookmarks should be back when you start the client afterwards.
    If the bookmarks.ini is empty I'm afraid you are out of luck.

This can sometimes happen when you just (force) shutdown your PC without closing the Client first.

My boomarks.ini only had a few lines in the start, indicating that it was a partial save.
    Very weird, because like I said... the modified time indicates that this save was done when TS3 was launched the previous time, and I'm pretty sure the TS3 client didnt crash or anything like that.

I moved all posts into this thread.
    We are aware of this problem for some users and try to fix this.

This can happen during a shutdown, when ts is still running and i guess you sue a laptop or an old cumputer.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information