Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Beta 23 Whisper Lists a Step Backward

Dear developers and moderators of TS3 project:

As a member of an active flight simulator squadron I would like to share some of my feedback and commentary on the recent beta 23 changes.

First of all, it is a real pain to keep redoing whisper lists every single time there is a client update and it would be very nice of you to implement/account for changes updates so that they are backward compatible.

Second, I and my squad mates and I am sure other virtual gamers/users of TS3 saw a great advantage in the ability to create whisper lists mixed with channels and groups. Unfortunately you took that away in Beta 23 and it is in my opinion, and I hope I am not the only one, a huge step backward. What I am talking about is the ability to Whisper to Channel 1 but at the same time have Subchannels also hear what you are saying, this way the individuals that are in the same channel with you will not interfere while you are attempting to communicate with a different channel and they will be able to understand what is going on when the other channel whispers back into your channel.

I hope my points are clear, and I wish to see TS3 grow and improve with every release.

Thank you,
    -Sov13t
    51st.org

Hello,

Please open up your whisper lists and do the following.

1. Whisper to: Groups
    2. Group Whisper Type: All Clients
    3. Group Whisper Target: channel family

I believe this is what you are looking for.

No sir, I want to whisper only to a specific channel for example Channel 1 while I am in Channel 2 and while I am whispering to Channel 1 I want Channel 2 to hear me.

Whisper to: Client and channels
    Drag Channel one + Channel 2 Into the list.

or am i missing something?

Okay now what if you are in Channel three? And whispering to Channel 1?

:-D

Here is our TS structure: http://www.tsviewer.com/index.php?pa...iewer&ID=61407

As you can see we have flights set up. You never know what flight number you get assigned so you can be in Flight 3 today but in Flight 1 tomorrow. So before every flight you now have to alter all of your whisper lists every single time, because you have to be able to communicate with other flights at all times. While the "Subchannels" group allowed for it to stay dynamic. That is my point.

Then ZeroTKA's example would work fine. if you set it up that way or similar you wisper to the people within the flight room, if no one is using one of the flight rooms ( ie one is vacant ) - it wont whisper to an emphty room. so in an example:

you and a friend ( or co-pilot ) are in room 5, and another pilot is in room 3. you want to issue a command to room 5 ( your friend ) and and the person in room 3. Then you would use wisper to all channels within the tree, the vacant channels won't be broadcasted too, only the occupied ones ie, room 3 and room 5.

Lets say someone then joins into room 4 and he is not currently in flight so you don't need to talk to him, you could setup a channel group that clients can add themselves too when they enter the flightrooms. example: I have entered flight room one and i am not using the simulator, a few minutes later i begin the simulation and i add myself to the group " in flight ". so you could setup a whisper list that only whispers to people who are in the channel group " in flight" you can make the group non permanent so when they leave the channel they are no longer in "in flight". you could setup "in flight" so that users don't need permissions to add or remove themselves from that group making it a simple click the clients.
    that way you are communicating to the people who are using the simulator.

Hi Sov13t,

I am also in a virtual squadron and this is our TS structure. For the broadcast communication we use "Group Whisper Target: Complete Channel Family" and it works like a charm.

But if you really need a hotkey to speak to specific channels and specific groups at the same time just make one list for the channels and another for the groups and set for both the same hotkey. I think it should work.

Sorry guys, but you are misunderstanding the goal here.

I apologize for perhaps not being clear.

In previous version we were able to set a Keybind to activate a whisper list that whispers to: Current Channel AND a specific channel.

In this version you can not do this.

All of your solutions create so much overhead that it is ridiculous. Before you had a dynamic bind that worked no matter what channel you are in. I could be in Flight 7 broadcasting to Flight 1 and ONLY members in Flight 7 and Flight 1 would hear me. Flights 2-6 would not hear me. Then I could move to Flight 3 and still broadcast to Flight 1 without having to adjust anything and only members in Flight 3 and Flight 1 would hear what I was saying nobody else.

I thank you guys for attempting to help but all of the solutions are inferior to what was there before, as such my complaint/suggestion/feedback is still valid.

Thank you,
    -Sov13t.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    I have been searching in older clients the option to do that...which build number/beta version?

Beta 22 still had the ability to combine whisper groups and channels.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
    But if you really need a hotkey to speak to specific channels and specific groups at the same time just make one list for the channels and another for the groups and set for both the same hotkey. I think it should work.
    Creating two whisperlists under the same keybind do not work. Oldest whisper list (with higher index value inside whispers.ini) will get priority.

S! Always a pleasure to meet a flight simmer!

Sov13t,

I would have to say that I completely agree with your points in your post. The whisper functionality with the new beta is almost impossible to do what you are doing.

I too am apart of a flight simulation group that uses this exact way you mentioned of communicating and yet with these new whisper changes I have yet to find a way of whispering to certain channels and the same channel in one whisper list with out having to add the channel I am in every time I switch.

Hopefully someone will fix this but for now I would love to here even a complicated solution to this problem as we rely on this so greatly.

just dropping in here to agree with you, the loss of this functionality really sucks! (and wow I missed alot, was present at b22 but had to stop for a few months)

Is anything going to be done with the loss of this functionality?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_the_Puppet View Post
    Is anything going to be done with the loss of this functionality?
    Not as long you don't see any comment from me or from other TS staff.

I understand why you wan't this feature back, but it was removed to save server's performance.
    And you are still availabe to whisper to your current channel and parent or sub, but you need 2 whispers for that.

I send it to a dev & maybe we will discuss about it.

Thread Information