Forum

Odd echo after user un-keys

I've recently upgraded to a new router and new server for Teamspeak 3, and I'm trying to figure out if I have a server config issue, or if it is client-side. Here is the current server setup:

VMware ESXi 4.1 Host with a Debian 5 x86 virtual machine running Teamspeak 3 beta26. Router is Cisco/Linksys E2000. Gigabit from ESXi to a GB switch to the router (which also has GB). Old server was gigabit to the same switch and to a WRT54G.

When a user speaks, they sound fine, but when they un-key, their mic keys again and repeats the last 500ms or so of audio, and it is slightly garbled. It sounds like an echo down a long hallway that is being digitally modified as it comes back. I've done a firmware upgrade on the router, made sure QoS is turned off on both ESXi's network and on the router. It happens occasionally on my system (which is on same subnet as server) but almost constantly on outside users. All clients have been updated to latest when testing, and multiple outside users have experienced this.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening, and if there is a quick fix?

Hate to necro an old thread but....I am having this exact problem and cant find an answer ANYWHERE! Anyone have any idea what could cause this problem?

Thread Information