Forum

Solved [No Bug] PPT stops registering + workaround

Hi all,

I've been having a strange problem and I can't really get to it:

TeamSpeak functions normally, PTT registers fine, but after a while it seems to spontaneously stop. There's no other notification to this than my friends not responding to anything I'm saying so I miss out on the moment when this happens ... makes it hard to pinpoint the cause, because the change doesn't show up in the log.
    I can make it register again by going to the capture options, and reassign my PTT key, or by shortly testing my audio.

Does anyone recognise this? have any idea where the problem lies? Sorry if this has already been solved but it's just such a vague cause that it's hard to google/search.

Thanks!

Got the idea this might have to do with Adobe Flash Player. Not the first time that it steals/captures keyboard input like Ctrl+T or the media key MS_APPCOMMAND messages.

Does anyone have anything that could help me pinpoint the cause or any suggestion on the cause?

when it stops working does your light still light up or does it just not work at all?

Nope. Doesn't work at all when bug occurs.

I can switch from capture input devices and different activation modi, including continuous tranmission, but the bug remains. Only ways to work around it without restart is by either switching capture profiles, rebinding your PTT key or testing your audio input.

are you getting any errors in the client log ? This might help track down the problem.

That's exactly where I first started looking. Sadly; no good

Nothing showed up in period that bug occured.

Found the cause; it's a bug in the drivers for my audiochipset (IDT 92HD73C1); when I plug out headphones, or plug in headphones, it has to switch output devices (all very sloppy architecture :/ ) which causes this. So for anyone who also has a Dell XPS laptop with that chipset; heads up. I had the problem with v6.10.0.6267_A18_R261324. Uninstalling it and resorting to the windows drivers fixed that, but then you don't have the advanced functionality of the audio chipset available anymore.

Correction: it's not just the drivers, it's due to TeamSpeak as well, because with the IDT drivers installed I don't have the same bug in Skype. This would lead me to believe it's application dependent as well.

Thread Information