Forum

Hosting Videos in Channels

Hey

I had an idea, where i could create a new channel, and in the Description area type in the codes of a video/url to display that Video.

As i want to create a "GameNews" channel and embed trailers of new & upcoming games on my server.

I tryed every possible code to embed a video through a url, and even tho some html is allowed in channel description, this isnt!
    I'd like to see an update on this, would be much better then a buncha "blue" textlines needed to be clicket, only so they would open an internet window..
    No more blue links, give us the real deal and let us display videos on the servers!

Hello

This question have already answers (please use the search function)
    This is TeamSpeak not StreamingSpeak.

Quote Originally Posted by florian_fr40 View Post
    Hello

This question have already answers (please use the search function)
    This is TeamSpeak not StreamingSpeak.
    I dont want to stream shit, so u misunderstood my intentions.
    I simply want to show new trailers to my friends without having to leave TS3.
    As some of us try to use TS3 to its fullest extent, not only associate it with gaming...
    So get ur head out of the box!

To my knowledge there is no way to place a video in a channel description but what you can do is place links to the video on the web. If you have multiple videos you could list them with a link to the video in the channel description.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    To my knowledge there is no way to place a video in a channel description but what you can do is place links to the video on the web. If you have multiple videos you could list them with a link to the video in the channel description.
    Yes poisonpanik, thats exactly what im tryin to avoid, the best i could do was to upload a video on ImageShack and with that it gave an img of the videos first frame, but then, u need to download the desired video, upload it on IS, and it will still take u away from TS3 when u click it!

Heres a screenshot of my Server and this setup:

Streaming

I hope there is no way they'd look into video streaming. It will cause mo0re lag than before for some people. Then they will end up so frustrated if people don't remove their video's.

Keep it purely for voice chat only.

If your friends wish to see the latest trailers invite em to your place, go to the library or simply just buy a computer and get connected.

I am well happy with the TS3 progress on the codecs as well as the program itself.

@ SupaFly::.: Just upload the video files to the channel. So every user can download this file and watch them.

Please don't add video streams to channel description.

Videos/Audio and animated pictures won't be included in channel or client description.

Thread Information