Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved [solved] One machine does not see the other/ TS3

First post here! Have used ts2 for years for gaming because it was quick and easy! Using ts3 to set up channels and subchannels is much more difficult for a 46 yr. old pc gamer that has limited pc experience.

On to the problem I am having!

I have two pc's on my home network. I set up a server on my main pc and have all the channels, subchannels, and proper permissions for my friends.
    Everything is working perfect!!

However I realize that when my pc is off my friends do not have a server to jump on that has the channels and subchannels set up. Also all the keybinds are setup for the individual channels and subchannels.

I have a second pc that I want to use as server and just leave it on 24/7 for all the guys and girls that play can just jump on and use it. However it seems that when I set up the second pc server it has the same internal ip that my main machine has.

This is where my issues arise. It seems like my second machine is now tied to my first machine even though I set up second machine server for scratch.
    My first machine will not connect to the second machine if I just use the client. I have to turn on my server on the first to connect to the second.

I have read about creating a new virtual server and also changing a port.

It seems that because my two pc's share the same ip there are issues.

Any SIMPLE ideas for me.

change the local ip address of one the machines?

Quote Originally Posted by azzy101 View Post
    change the local ip address of one the machines?
    Thanks for the very fast reply! Do I have to set up a static IP then. Right now it is just dhcp.

I am confused...

Basically what you are saying is PC1 had your server but you decided to put it on PC2 so you can run it 24/7. Now your problem is that no one can connect to the server on PC2.

Have you given PC2 a static IP address and forwarded the server ports to this address?

I want to run ts3 server on 2nd pc but nobody can see it unless I have first machine on also. both machines have same internal ip address. Both ts3 servers using same ip and port #. If I change port # on second server that should correct??

Is PC2 connected directly to your router (wired or wireless)?? I don't see how you can have 2 PCs on the same network with the same IP unless you are using internet connection sharing on PC1 to give net access to PC2.

Example
    My network consists of a modem/router and 3 PCs.

internet->modem/router->(wired) PC1
    ->(wireless) PC2
    ->(wireless/wired) PC3
    Any wired PC connects directly to my router with an ethernet cable. Since my router has 4 network ports I can connect up to 4 PCs via wire.

(diagram didn't turn out too well but each PC is connecting to the router only)

Quote Originally Posted by stangflyer View Post
    I want to run ts3 server on 2nd pc but nobody can see it unless I have first machine on also. both machines have same internal ip address. Both ts3 servers using same ip and port #. If I change port # on second server that should correct??
    I want to run standalone ts3 server on second machine. If I try to connect from my main machine with just client running it will not let me. I have to start server then use the client to join second machine. But no one can join second machine unless I have first machine server on.

Is it because I installed ts3 server first on my first machine and they share same ip and port#.

If I uninstall everything on both machines and install server on second machine only will I be able to connect from my first machine with only client running?

I know this is confusing but I have burned a day and a half of my vacation getting this to work!

Router out to 2 pc's, wired printer, ps3, tivo

When I type in whats my ip on the internet I get the same ip for both pc's

All wired!

They have different ip from the router but have same ip when you google whats my ip and use that.
    Router is 19.168 blah blah and internal is 96.3.blah blah
    problem is both my ts3 servers are using same ip and port#

Ts3 is using the main ip address for my router that is under the status section of the router. This is why ts3 is using the same ip address for bith machines.
    Linksys router
    Last edited by stangflyer; August 16th, 2010 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    I am confused...

Basically what you are saying is PC1 had your server but you decided to put it on PC2 so you can run it 24/7. Now your problem is that no one can connect to the server on PC2.

Have you given PC2 a static IP address and forwarded the server ports to this address?
    That is correct.

Got it all figured out.

Good news. Saw my port forwarding info helped you out

Thread Information