Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Prevent certain channels from being deleted?

Sweet and simple: I want my lesser admins to be able to create, modify and delete channels at will EXCEPT for the channels I have made.

How do I go about that?

Sets for each of your channels:
    i_channel_needed_modify_power = 75

Keep for your self:
    i_channel_modify_power = 75

And set to lesser admins group:
    i_channel_modify_power < 75 and Skip ACTIVATED

Hmm I already had i_channel_needed_modify_power = 75
    and
    i_channel_modify_power = 30
    for my admins.

They couldn't modify, yet they could delete.

Will
    i_channel_modify_power < 75 and Skip ACTIVATED
    Solve that?

Edit: they can still delete channels, even though the needed modify power is higher than their modify power

In the same line were is

i_channel_modify_power there are another options:

Value = 30 Skip = x Negate = "blank"

SKIP:
    Is for the ChannelsGroup_permissions can't overwrite the ServerGroup_permissions

Edit: About erasing, for now there is no solution that I know.
    Last edited by Jordi; August 25th, 2010 at 10:16 AM.

Hello

The solution for you is the channel group.

Make a new channel admin group for you and your channel, and use the default channel admin for your other admin.
    Last edited by florian_fr40; August 25th, 2010 at 09:23 AM.

Your new group should have set permissions
    b_channel_delete_permanent (unchecked)
    b_channel_delete_semi_permanent (unchecked)
    Now they can't delete permanent and semi permanent channels.

Thoose permissions allow/ forbidd to change the channel type.
    Example you have a permanent channel and someone set's it to temporary. Now your channel gets deleted, when all users leave the room.
    b_channel_modify_make_permanent (unchecked)
    b_channel_modify_make_semi_permanent (unchecked)
    b_channel_modify_make_temporary (unchecked)

Without the permission b_channel_delete_flag_force, it is not possible to delete a channel with members inside.

The thing is, they can't delete channels then.

I basically have some channels that I do not want to be deleted by anyone but me. However, my admins may create, modify and delete channels freely except for those that I made.

Is that possible?

Sou you have to work with Channel-Client permisisons for each client (admin) you don't want that he can delete that room.

Well I'm going to bump this cause it's what I'm curious about. And a quick look at some other thread's proved... unsuccessful...

So, I have a channel admin that I want to be able to create, modify, and delete all temporary, semi-permanent, and permanent sub-channels of the channel he is channel admin of.

I however don't want him to be able to delete the channel he is admin of. However I haven't found a solution to do that. According to Dante's post... I have to go in and individually edit each admin for each channel that I don't want them to be able to delete?

That seems like a colossal waste of time to go through and do that, especially if you have hundreds of users that you need to edit.

I think a simple solution would be to add a i_channel_needed_delete_power and i_channel_delete_power to the permissions system. That way you can create channels and assign admins to them, and then ensure they can't delete those channels if you don't want them to. By default if a user creates a channel he would become channel admin but that power wouldn't be granted or added to the channel. But if you wanted to truly make the channel "permanent", you could go in and edit that permission.

So if there is a solution to what I want but doesn't encompass dealing with channel client permissions, then great. Otherwise I'd love to see this added.
    Last edited by sniperfodder; November 4th, 2010 at 12:35 PM.

I generally think in the next version, Channel Groups should only affect a channel wide scope. It is very strange to get power from a channel over a whole sever per default.

Edit: I am now pretty sure there is a bug. Because of the strange Channel Group System i removed all rights from the channel groups, so that they do no destroy my configuration, and let people take control of higher groups.

A Servergroup 1 with channel_modify_power = 3 is not able to modify a channel with channel_needed_modify_power = 4 BUT is allowed to delete it when the flag "may delete permanent channels" for permanent channels is set. This IS a bug because the modify power seems not to be checked for deletions. But we can say, that to delete is just another form of manipulation like changing, and therefore this action has to act like the other change permissions, which are limited by the channel_needed_modify_power
    Last edited by MNNoxMortem; November 14th, 2010 at 03:21 AM.

MNNoxMortem I agree to an extent. I believe there should be a needed channel delete power that it checks against.

I found a solution thanks to dante696:

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Your new server group should have set permissions
    b_channel_delete_permanent (unchecked)
    b_channel_delete_semi_permanent (unchecked)
    Now they can't delete permanent and semi permanent channels.

Thoose permissions allow/ forbidd to change the channel type.
    Example you have a permanent channel and someone set's it to temporary. Now your channel gets deleted, when all users leave the room.
    b_channel_modify_make_permanent (unchecked)
    b_channel_modify_make_semi_permanent (unchecked)
    b_channel_modify_make_temporary (unchecked)*** leave this CHECKED!!!!***

Without the permission b_channel_delete_flag_force, it is not possible to delete a channel with members inside.
    Now all we need to do is have

i_channel_modify_power (new server group) < i_channel_needed_modify_power (channel permission)

For the new server group to erase his own created channel he can edit to 'temporary' and it will get deleted when empty. I've already tried this out and it works!!!! The new server group cannot delete any channels not created by him as long as that channel has a higher value than his value to modify it.

In server beta31 it will also be possible to set i_channel_needed_delete_power onto a channel and i_channel_delete_power into a group or client.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thanks for the info Dante! Enjoy your vacation

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    In server beta31 it will also be possible to set i_channel_needed_delete_power onto a channel and i_channel_delete_power into a group or client.
    Dante, Thank you! Exactly what I needed in this instance.

Thread Information