Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Putting TS3 onto my website.

Hey.

I've been hosting a Teamspeak server on my system for over a year now. I have a guild site. www.flyffhottiez.com. That is hosted by webs.com

How can I set up a server on webs.com so it can run with my website and is never offline. That is if that is even possible?

I've read the FAQ's and they leave me a bit confused so i'm hoping for a more simple answer i guess.

You need at least a virtual server with console access (e.g. ssh). Normal webhosting packages aren't enough and I guess thats the case with you.

You cannot run a TS3 server on your host for websites.
    You'll need to rent a server from the Authorized TeamSpeak Hosting Providers (ATHP's), which you can find here:

http://sales.tritoncia.com/ts3_hosters.php

Baraan's answer is better. While a simple webhost will not let you host TS3 you could switch to a virtual server host and from that one server host TS3 and website. Is more work, but it is a more powerful option too. Also allows for single domain name for site and TS3 server.

Or you could do as MocHosting suggested, you don't need to do it that way and would still have to keep the web host for the site.

Be sure to look of the cost of each. A friend of my was telling me that he got the virtual server for less than a 512 slot hosted TS3 server and a webhost.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Be sure to look of the cost of each. A friend of my was telling me that he got the virtual server for less than a 512 slot hosted TS3 server and a webhost.
    As an example, I manage a VPS running TS3 NPL and two FSHost servers, this is based in New Jersey and costs us $22.50 / month, far cheaper than some of the offerings in the same state.

We're now working on getting our website moved onto it which will save us the web hosting costs.

If you are using an NPL you CANNOT sell slots on your server(s). This violates the NON-PROFIT part about that license.

Quote Originally Posted by leadersoflaw View Post
    My vps only cost 7.75 month

i also host there ts3 server on for my clan leaders of law
    its pretty good and MUCH cheaper then when u buy one from hosters
    10 slots can cost 3.30 month and thats not cheap
    my server has 512 slots

we even sell them for 8 cent a slot
    and sometimes we give them away for free
    So your cost is 7.75/month + $50 application fee + how much for the 512 slot ATHP license?

Thread Information