Forum


Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9

    [Suggestion] RSS (news) in description

    it would be good if server admins could display an RSS feed in the description of channel(s).

    This could allow communities to display there latest news that is normally only available on their websites.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by cja100 View Post
    This could allow communities to display there latest news that is normally only available on their websites.
    It would be easier to let the website change the channel description if someone post a new news message. Could be done easy by the telnet interface.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Catalunya
    Posts
    2,350
    @ Stefan1200

    I think we should keep in mind that many servers are rented. And there is no access to them, as ServerQueryAdmin or Telnet.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    I think we should keep in mind that many servers are rented. And there is no access to them, as ServerQueryAdmin or Telnet.
    Then just change the TS3 server provider! Many providers allow the use of ServerQuery / Telnet interface. Of course not the Server Query Admin, but this access level is not required to change the channel description.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    It would be easier to let the website change the channel description if someone post a new news message. Could be done easy by the telnet interface.
    Not sure how elegant a solution that may be, for example does the current version of the channel description basic html formating? such as h1, h2, p, and img tags?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Catalunya
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    Then just change the TS3 server provider! Many providers allow the use of ServerQuery / Telnet interface. Of course not the Server Query Admin, but this access level is not required to change the channel description.

    Normally, the hoster don't want to give the query port, to protect their instance.
    It's my case,

  7. #7
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,513
    RSS2TS3 - Push rss feeds to your TS server
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=55821

  8. #8
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    RSS2TS3 - Push rss feeds to your TS server
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=55821
    Already tried this, its pretty good but not what im looking for.

    It only posts from in the chat box. would be nice to have the full contents of the news in the description so people will actually look at it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by cja100 View Post
    Not sure how elegant a solution that may be, for example does the current version of the channel description basic html formating? such as h1, h2, p, and img tags?
    You can use some BBCodes at the channel description, works for font color, bold font, images and links. Not sure about font size.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordi View Post
    Normally, the hoster don't want to give the query port, to protect their instance.
    It's my case,
    If possible just switch to another provider (you can ask the new provider if they allow this first). I know that there are providers allowing use of telnet, of course only with an own query account (you can create one within the TS3 client).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Suggestion] Default Channel (Description)
    By Jordi in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 20th, 2011, 02:53 AM
  2. [Suggestion] description parameter for clientinfo
    By Enril1112 in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 29th, 2010, 03:59 PM
  3. [suggestion] Description additions
    By azzy101 in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 27th, 2010, 03:29 PM
  4. [suggestion] Description next to nickname
    By jesepi in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 9th, 2010, 04:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •