Forum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @Morpheuskiller

Sure, for programmers it's easy. But not all of us are programmers. The only thing about programming I know is that there should be a difference between "print" and "echo", but there isn't . Now you can imagine I can't write my own plugins.

Logitech G930

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    I made a keyboard and mouse emulating plugin for the G930.
    It requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable

The SDK doesn't give G-key down and G-key up events so I made a toggle mode, push-to-talk and push-to-stop.

BrenG930Keyboard2.dll
    It has toggles for Insert, L-control, backslash, grave, tab, V, mouse 4, mouse 5, and scroll lock.
    It has normal key-press for Return, Escape, Space, Tab, play/pause, next track, previous track, the arrow keys, mouse 1-5, mouse wheel up, mouse wheel down, mouse wheel left, mouse wheel right, F1-F12, A-Z, and 0-9.

The msdn states that the horizontal mouse scroll isn't supported in XP but I don't have an install of XP to test on.

This plugin is still in development, just ask if you need another toggle-key or a normal key-press. I have tested it in Teamspeak and the toggles work as a push-to-talk key.
    Current Logitech Forum Post for key requests, but I will check back here too.

EDIT:
    New version, I split it into three plugins, one for most keyboard keys, one to toggle most keyboard keys, and one for mouse.
    EDIT2: Another new version, fixed bugs in mouse plugin, added alt-page up and alt-page down to keyboard plugin.
    G930Keyboard.dll
    G930KeyboardToggles.dll
    G930Mouse.dll
    EDIT3: Another new version, changes hardware scan codes, try if it didn't work for you before but it should work for everyone. Also includes a plugin to disable the auto power down.
    AsmodianG930Plugins v1.2.zip
    OMFG Thank you sooooo much for this! If you own a G930 this is a must have!

Now Logitech needs to get off their ass and fix the problem with only hearing people talk out the right side in stereo mode...

Thanks again this is sweet!

For some reason, the keyboard (not the toggle) one isn't working correctly for me. I use the Left bracket "[" for voice activation. It works with the toggle but not the key press (G930Keyboard.dll). If I press the button on the headset while using Notepad, it does enter the key.

When I use it while playing a game, nothing happens. It's as if it tries to enter it into the game instead of TeamSpeak ie. TS3 just doesn't pick it up. Any suggestions?

I am sorry but I do not think there is any way (using Logitech's SDK) to get a non-toggle push to talk key. All you get from a programming point of view when a G-key is pressed is a "Run G-key Command". No G-key down or G-key up events so I cannot even tell when the key was released (it gives the command on G-key press).

The reason the non-toggles do not work for push to talk is that when you press the G-key on the headphones it sends a key-down followed instantly by a key-up, totally ignoring the G-key state after the first G-key down. I am in the process of asking Logitech if there is another (undocumented) API I could implement, edit: they said it should be in the next release of the sdk.

Thanks for clearing that up, Nakor. As I understand it, when a key is held down on a keyboard it repeatedly sends the keypress to the app. If the headset G key is only sending the keypress one time when using the non-toggles, I see why it wouldn't work.

Only as a point of interest but using the standard windows key events like I am (sendinput() in C++) there is actually just a single key-down on key press and a key-up on key release. I am not sure where the auto key repeat is implemented, but at this level it is sending key-down events followed by key-down events with a key-up only at the end.

Using sendinput() I would need to implement repeating in the plugin but I cannot do it without a G-key released event from the headset's software (or as a toggle or fixed number of repeats).

This is all foreign to me...Can someone please put a step by step directions on getting the G-Key on the G930 to be a push to talk button for TS3...Thanks in advanced...

Well you need to download my plugin:

AsmodianG930Plugins-v1.2.zip

and install this from Microsoft (top link on google):
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86

1) Inside my zip file you will find four .dll files, you need the toggle one for a PTT key.
    2) In the G930 drivers click the + for adding a plugin and select that toggle .dll (make sure the thing from Microsoft is installed first or it will not work)
    3) In the G960 drivers chose the new entry from the plugin list and pick the PTT key you bound with your keyboard. It will be a toggle, push-to-talk then push-to-stop.

The G930 driver app and TS should both be running as admin.

Thanks Nakor...you DA MAN!!! Works good...to bad it doesn't work on a single push...but this will work fine....Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Well you need to download my plugin:

AsmodianG930Plugins-v1.2.zip

and install this from Microsoft (top link on google):
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86

1) Inside my zip file you will find four .dll files, you need the toggle one for a PTT key.
    2) In the G930 drivers click the + for adding a plugin and select that toggle .dll (make sure the thing from Microsoft is installed first or it will not work)
    3) In the G960 drivers chose the new entry from the plugin list and pick the PTT key you bound with your keyboard. It will be a toggle, push-to-talk then push-to-stop.

The G930 driver app and TS should both be running as admin.
    Thank you very much, this was very helpful.
    Now I can speak to my friends while taking a piss.

Hi and thanks for developing a plugin for that crappy Logitech Software

But since toggle was actually a no-go for me, I just put a simple plugin for TS together, that reads the button-presses directly from USB. This way I was able to get the down & up notification so real push-to-talk is possible.

I haven't yet found the time to create configs (might follow later on) or so but it might yet be useful to some of you.

G3 is used atm for PTT and you need to install the plugin to your teamspeak plugins folder rather than going with the Logitech software. Also you might want to set the action to none for button G3 inside the Logitech software.

It doesn't yet work within the settings-dialog but only on an active connection.
    You also need the latest rc1-pre10 32-bit version of TS3.
    No need for running as admin, though.

You can download it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Meelkee View Post
    Hi and thanks for developing a plugin for that crappy Logitech Software

But since toggle was actually a no-go for me, I just put a simple plugin for TS together, that reads the button-presses directly from USB. This way I was able to get the down & up notification so real push-to-talk is possible.

I haven't yet found the time to create configs (might follow later on) or so but it might yet be useful to some of you.

G3 is used atm for PTT and you need to install the plugin to your teamspeak plugins folder rather than going with the Logitech software. Also you might want to set the action to none for button G3 inside the Logitech software.

It doesn't yet work within the settings-dialog but only on an active connection.
    You also need the latest rc1-pre10 32-bit version of TS3.
    No need for running as admin, though.

You can download it here.

I cant seem to get this to work, even though it says the plugin is active (box is checked, API # matches) it still wont work.

Does it need to be updated for a newer version of the beta?

The version uploaded earlier had some problems with the various states of the headset (plugged/unplugged/muted) and didn't work in some cases. I just uploaded a newer version that should work better. Download is at the same URL.

Hi Meelkee
    the plugin does not work for me, when I try to load the plugin it shows up as red dll name...
    any idea how to bring it to work?
    cheers
    chris

Hi Chris,
    you are either using the 64bit Version or an older version (not the current rc1-pre-version). Both are not compatible to the plugin at the moment.
    Open up Settings -> Plugins and make sure API Version/Required says "109". If it doesn't, try to update to the latest RC (see Announcements-Forum for that).

Thread Information