Forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have the plugin loaded, it "works" with the TS3 client in respect that it can be loaded, however, the button never turns on push to talk.

Am I missing something?

Nakor you sir are the bomb....Thanks

Thanks! I have updated to allow modifier keys+keystroke. AsmodianG930Plugins-v1.6.zip

Many thanks for this plugin! I hope the new SDK supports a more true push to talk experience. But until then, this certainly works! Appreciate the effort, and community release

Windows XP (32bit) Pro with SP3
    Last edited by dbrown; June 22nd, 2011 at 07:50 AM.

I have now tried this on a windows 7 Pro (64-bit) OS and the G930 control panel says it will copy it over, but it never becomes an option in the control panel

I tried with v1.2 as well as 1.6

I'm happy to help test if you'd be willing to look at the issue?

@dbrown, That is what happens when you do not have the Microsoft C++ Visual 2010 redistributable

Thumbs up Ez fix it

So, i'm new to this headset, and after reading all the reponses to this topic, i have figured out an easy, quick fix to this problem. It seems there's no easy, effective way to enable true PTT functionality on this headset, so i propose the next greatest solution...

In TS3, create a new capture profile (Self > Capture) that is voice activated with an absurdly low threshold. (i suggest anything that could be triggered with a whisper). When you leave the computer and wish to use remote functionality, enable this preset (Self > Capture > [x]) and use the microphone mute to enable / disable speaking.

The mic mute is in a quite convenient place and i had no problems falling into this manner of speaking. The indicator light absolutely helps in determining whether your mic is 'live' or not (i did, initially, set it to have the mic on all the time, but in TS3 that shows your mic as active even if your headset's mute is set, which in meetings is quite deceptive)

So there ya go - easy fix, toggle, but still not hard to implement and understand with no plug-in's required. Go me! lol

DYS

Like I said: Push to talk IS possible - not through the crappy logitech software (their software almost always sucks) but when written as a plugin of TS3. I will try to update my plugin and upload it again in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    @dbrown, That is what happens when you do not have the Microsoft C++ Visual 2010 redistributable
    Confirming I'm an idiot. Yes, that was it. Installed it on the other system, but not the Win7 box. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Meelkee View Post
    Hi and thanks for developing a plugin for that crappy Logitech Software

But since toggle was actually a no-go for me, I just put a simple plugin for TS together, that reads the button-presses directly from USB. This way I was able to get the down & up notification so real push-to-talk is possible.

I haven't yet found the time to create configs (might follow later on) or so but it might yet be useful to some of you.

G3 is used atm for PTT and you need to install the plugin to your teamspeak plugins folder rather than going with the Logitech software. Also you might want to set the action to none for button G3 inside the Logitech software.

It doesn't yet work within the settings-dialog but only on an active connection.
    You also need the latest rc1-pre10 32-bit version of TS3.
    No need for running as admin, though.

You can download it here.
    Could I view the source code for that plugin? So far the only way I found to read USB input was to replace the device drivers.
    Last edited by Armada651; July 5th, 2011 at 07:52 PM.

Your Push to Talk is not working for me. I have a steelseries merc stealth keyboard with a logitech g500 mouse. Neither the mouse or keyboard are working please help because i dont want toggle.

Quote Originally Posted by [BBF]funkmetal View Post
    Your Push to Talk is not working for me. I have a steelseries merc stealth keyboard with a logitech g500 mouse. Neither the mouse or keyboard are working please help because i dont want toggle.
    The plugins in this thread can only be used for the G930 headset and is meant to allow you to use G-Keys as Push-To-Talk keys. But neither the steelseries merc stealth keyboard or the logitech g500 mouse have G-Keys so this plugin is not meant for you.

If you want to use Push-To-Talk, you can just go to Options > Capture and set a Push-To-Talk key. This Push-To-Talk key is not toggled.

sorry i forgot to mention i have a g930

and also im trying to bind it to the mouse or keyboard

im also using asmodions i cant install yours for some reason i tried x86 and x64
    Last edited by Chris; September 18th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...h-G-Key-Plugin

Known supported devices

• G11 Keyboard
    • G13 Advanced Gameboard
    • G15 Keyboard
    • G19 Keyboard
    • G35 Headset
    • G110 Keyboard
    • G510 Keyboard
    • G930 Headset
    • G300 Mouse (instructions)

I have my G-key on my g930 macro'd to mouse 5 button and teamspeak is set to push to talk using mouse 5 button, works great for me; also to mute the g930 just push your mic up and it auto mutes there is also a actual mute button on the g930 headset.

Thread Information