Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Bug at serverinstance_serverquery_flood_time ?

I think I found a bug in the TS3 server beta 27 (Linux).

If you set the following settings by ServerQuery:
    Code:
    instanceedit serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands=100 serverinstance_serverquery_flood_time=30
    The serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands value works right, but the serverinstance_serverquery_flood_time don't reset the counter after this time. My telnet connection can use up to 100 commands, even if this takes more than 10 minutes, after that the connection will be banned.

If I change the settings to:
    Code:
    instanceedit serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands=10 serverinstance_serverquery_flood_time=3
    Anything work as expected.

I tryed to spam with
    Code:
    instanceedit serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands=100 serverinstance_serverquery_flood_time=30
    I used the commands 1x login serveradmin password 98x use 1 and waited 31 seconds for next 99 commands and I was able to send them.

Tested with beta28 pre http://ftp.4players.de/pub/hosted/ts...odo-so/server/

No i was banned after 100 commands. I removed myself from query_ip_whitelist.txt

@ dante696: I am not sure if I understand your last two posts right.
    Was you able to reproduce this problem or need you more informations?
    I only know that two different TS3 servers had this problem (of course the IP address was not whitelisted).

No, I am saying it works fine and i don't get banned after 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    No, I am saying it works fine and i don't get banned after 30 seconds.
    Ok, maybe it was fixed in beta 28. So I will wait until release.

Tested TS3 server pre beta 28 on Windows 7 today, bug is still there.

I had problems to reproduce this bug with Putty too (first I did it like dante696, which not make problems), but here the complete how to:

Make sure that the following options are set:
    Code:
    Make sure that your IP is not whitelisted.

Make sure that you never do a longer break while entering the commands. Small breaks up to 5 seconds between the commands are ok. Act like a bot who requests informations every some seconds.

I uploaded a log file (link) of sent commands (including the time) with the result of being banned with this settings.

I redid the test based on this informations with Putty and I got banned again like my bot. I wrote 100 commands with breaks between of one to three seconds in all tests with the result of being AntiFlood banned. Answer of the TS3 server was: Error ID: 3331 - Message: flood ban

This is working as intended. The server checks and waits for next 30 secons, that no command is incomming.

Example:
    I send 1 command and from now on i have to wait for the next 30 seconds until the server deletes my point.

Sure it isn't the best system and maybe it get's an improvemt. A suggestion for this has been send to the developers.

This is working as intended. The server checks and waits for next 30 secons, that no command is incomming.
    But why works the 10-3 setting different to 100-30? With 10-3 settings it is no problem to send one command each second.

I get banned after sending 10 commands & when i set server to 10-3 & 1 command per second or every second second.

I won't get banned with 3 seconds for every command, because 3 secs are over for flood check and the server resets the time.

I get banned after sending 10 commands & when i set server to 10-3 & 1 command per second or every second second.
    Ok, maybe I had just luck with my test.

So I hope that this AntiFlood system will be changed. In my opinion it is currently not very usefull.

Thread Information