Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    There is no active connection to our weblist, when reporting is enabled.

Yes the server would listen, when the weblist reports something, but no pakets will be send to the weblist, as long reporting is not enabled on any virtual server.

I double checked that on Windows and Linux and no packets were send, after 5 minutes, when the server was started.
    The server sends his first report after 5 minutes, when he was started (as long reporting is active).

I declare this thread as solved and close our ticket.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Question Server connects to weblist service, but why?

Hello,
    I have a private TS Server running on a Debian system. I set the virtualserver_weblist_enabled to 0 and it does not appear in the weblist, as intended. The problem is, that I have an outgoing connection to 194.97.114.3:2010, what is something like hardy.teamspeak.4players.com on port 2010 what should be the weblist service port. Why is there this open connection and how can I close it?
    Netstat shows me this:
    udp 0 0 ***.***.***.***:49235 194.97.114.3:2010 ESTABLISHED 1058/ts3server_linu
    Thank You very much!
    Greetings, Mingus

Thread has been merged
    Last edited by dante696; May 15th, 2012 at 10:03 AM.

Make sure you are running the latest version and that you disabled weblist reporting on ALL Virtual Servers! (and restarted the whole instance after disabling the Weblist reporting)

Also readthis Thread

Thread has been merged
    Last edited by dante696; May 15th, 2012 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks a lot for the link, just what i needed but did not find.
    I checked the network traffic and there are indeed no packets sent over this port. What I still do not understand is the status "ESTABLISHED" showed by netstat, that got me confused If there is not even one packet sent, how can that be the status? How can there be an established connection in udp anyway? I found no information about the established state with a udp port in netstat.

Thread has been merged
    Last edited by dante696; May 15th, 2012 at 10:05 AM.

Hi Dante696,

Why have an 'UDP' process (not session, my bad) ready for transmission if the server doesnt have it enabled?

~]# netstat -an | grep ESTABLISHED | grep 194.97.114.3
    udp 0 0 x.x.x.x:50892 194.97.114.3:2010 ESTABLISHED
    ^^ Bit dodgy since obviously UDP doesnt have connections, but just a process that's ready to 'throw it data over the fence'. However this would implicate that it's actually doing something.

~]# lsof -ni | grep 194.97.114.3
    ts3server 16003 root 18u IPv4 136754 0t0 UDP x.x.x.x:48704->194.97.114.3ipe_server
    ^^ Aha! it's having something 'ready' but not 'active/transmitting'.

I've checked as well with "tcpdump -w trace.pcap -s0 host 194.97.114.3" to verify what you say. and now after an hour. i indeed see no data being sended/received at all.

I still wonder if this will be changed/fixed though.

It maybe harmless, but if you 'disable' something, i expect the sockets to be cleared accordingly and not have something enabled for the 'what if' scenario.

Kind regards,

Preatorian

I talked with our server developer during my tests and the reason why i closed our ticket was, that this behavior won' be changed.
    It's much to complicated to check all virtual server for big hosters.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Code:
    QString sqlQ;
    sqlQ = "SELECT `server_id` FROM `server_properties` WHERE `ident` = 'virtualserver_weblist_enabled' AND `value` = 1 GROUP BY `value`;";
    // sqlQ = "SELECT DISTINCT(`value`) AS `need_Weblist` FROM `server_properties` WHERE `ident` = 'virtualserver_weblist_enabled' AND `value` = 1;";
    // sqlQ = "SELECT COUNT(`value`) AS `need_Weblist` FROM `server_properties` WHERE `ident` = 'virtualserver_weblist_enabled' AND `value` = 1;";

QSqlQuery sql(databaseObject);
    if (sql.exec(sqlQ))
        if (sql.size() > 0) {
            // We have Servers that report to weblist, open Connection here.
        } else {
            // None of the Servers report to Weblist, close Connection if already open!
        }
    } // SQL Query successful
    Have yet to see a Database where any of the SQL Queries take a considerable amount of time. All of them work and return the Info needed, not entirely sure which of them is the quickest.
    Code checking will need to be changed if any of the other two statements are chosen of course but you get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You are right, the server should not connect to it, when all virtual servers don't use the weblist.

I wrote a ticket for this into our bugtracker.
    TS-379

This behavior will be changed with our next server version (Build 13600 or newer).
    status 2012-07-07 is:

1. udp connection is still enabled from my ts server to hardy.teamspeak.4players.de (ip address 194.97.114.3)

2. The offical workaraound (disbale all weblist settings on all virtual servers and restart) is not helping

3. your announcement "This behavior will be changed with our next server version" is not implemented at teamspeak server linux-x86-3.0.6.1

4. the ticket is closed (why?)

5. this thread is marked as resolved (why?)

6. in actual fact: problem still persists

7. There must be data send through this connection, else it wont get established!

You can verify it easy with "lsof -u [your-ts-user]" and will see a node "UDP" with the "NAME" [host]:[port]->hardy.teamspeak.4players.de:2010

Port 2010 is used for licensing if I remember correctly.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by pillbox1234567 View Post
    Port 2010 is used for licensing if I remember correctly.
    No, its used for an unwanted udp connection to a 3rd party company "4Players GmbH":
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This is the IP for the web server list.

That server handles licensing. If you also notice it handles downloads from the site as well as many other functions.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Dear pillbox1234567, we have already an official statement, that this udp connection is only for web list (please read this thread completly). It has nothing to do with downloads (they go through TCP:30033) and nothing to do with licensing. Back to topic please: Why is this bug marked as resolved, but still present?

Apologies, I was confusing with the accounting port (2008). See related knowledge base (link).

As far as downloads, I was referring to the official teamspeak downloads (link) which, at one point, pulled from 4Players exclusively (link). They seem to have since added another download server.

In short, apologies for my confusion.

EDIT: I had already read the thread completely. My brain simply failed to function correctly.

Nope, Licensing is handled by a different Server, 194.97.114.3 is weblist.teamspeak.com or hardy.teamspeak.4players.de aka the Web Server List.

As far as I remember it was decided to keep the connection open anyway regardless of whether the Reporting is enabled or not on any Virtual Server, so in case it gets enabled the connection is ready and data can be send, probably because they didn't want to check every virtual server whether weblist is enabled on any of them each time it gets disabled to know whether to close the connection or not. As far as I remember the Explanation Post no data is send through the connection unless Reporting to weblist is enabled on a virtual server.

Quote Originally Posted by piotr View Post
    Back to topic please: Why is this bug marked as resolved, but still present?
    Dante explained it in post #23.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...115#post315115

Thread Information