Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    will this be fixed completely, so you dont have to create a new shortcut?
    im using ventinizor(ts+vent+mumble in 1 click) and theres only the default shortcut, i cant change it there :s

I had the same problem, making a shortcut inside the Teamspeak directory, and then pointing the applaucher gadget to the shortcut worked.

Same problem here. The client does not find the "gfx" subfolder when the client has been started with a current/working directory other then the folder that the client is sitting in.

To reproduce:
    - make a shortcut to ts3client_win64.exe / ts3client_win32.exe on your desktop.
    - run shortcut to verify the client starts without problem and close the client
    - change the shortcut properties, set 'start in' folder to c:\
    - run shortcut to see the error "Your icon path "name" does not exist", close client
    - you can now for purpose of testing, copy the 'gfx' folder from the client folder into c:\, and run the shortcut again, client then works. So really an issue of the 'current working folder' (inside the client application) not being pointed to the folder where the client executable itself is sitting in.

The real issue in here is that you cannot control the working folder when launching the client over the shell handler (ts3server://), so because of that this bug is pretty high-impact to us.

I did manage to get some kind of work-around running to re-enable the use of ts3server:// links. But it involves messing with the registry, so a word of warning:

Do NOT use this, unless you know what you are doing.

Create a batch file in the TS3 directory (in my case it's C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client), name it "ts3client.bat", and put in the following:
    Code:
    @echo off
    cd C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client
    ts3client_win64 %1
    The above is for 64bit installations, for 32bit do modify the the path to use "program files (x86)" and use "ts3client_win32".

Start regedit.exe, navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ts3server\shell\open\command, edit the (default) key to this value:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client.bat" "%1"
    Change the path again if it doesn't apply to your installation.

When you've done this, ts3server:// links will work again (the client won't error about icon path not existing on startup). But I hope this workaround will prove to be obsolete very soon.

The original value of that registry key (for when you want to change it back) looks like this, 64bit and 32bit variations:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win64.exe" "%1"
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win32.exe" "%1"

Exact same problem here. I use a hot key to start TS and right after the update the error started. If I use the start menu to launch TS then everything works fine. I'm sure they will have it patched up soon enough.

Exclamation

First of all sorry for my bad english ->german on the keyboard ^^

Same Problem here, but I have a solution.

Just create a shortcut ("Verknüpfung" in german) of the ts3clientxxxxx.exe und redirect your keyboardshortcut to it.

Should solve the problem until there will be a hotfix.
    Works fine for me

greetings

Your icon path "default" does not exist

Something has changed that is really disappointing. If I connect to the server from a link on my web site that has been working fine until the other day, regardless of using IE or FF I get a warning popup Saying Your icon path " "default" does not exist... Please consider to reinstall Teamspeak 3 or choose another icon pack"

And you partially connect to the server but not completely and in the Design tab, there are no icon packs.

Now if you connect to the server manually by specifying IP or domain name and port, everything is fine.
    Im using the latest server and client rev

Please fix this, this is a new problem that has been introduced

same problem
    missing path to icons

Please wait for beta30, the bug contains more then sounds,plugins and clinet log.
    Workaround until release of beta 30 is to start the clinet with shortcut or binary directly.
    Last edited by dante696; September 16th, 2010 at 09:21 AM.

@govenka:

Just look at my last posting

[BUG] ts3server error

Hello, I don't really know if this bug has been already reported, but found nothing on this forum.

Well, since the last client update (beta 29), when you connect through a URL (without having ts3 client started) it's actually making this error:
    "your icon path "default" does not exist", and the ts3 skin is awful...

If you are connecting through URL having already ts3 started correctly, everything is ok, no bug...

Is it possible to fix that?

Thank you in advance

Hello

Already reported. PLease use the search function

Creating a intermediate shortcut only fixes hotkey launchers etc, it does NOT fix the ts3server:// connection issue. The only way to workaround that is using the complicated method I described earlier.

ts3server:// operation plays an important part in making life easy to end-users that don't want to know about tokens (privilege keys) to gain rights on a server, so I am hoping for a speedy fix.

Hi AplDrm you´re right, ich just thought govenka has just the problem of getting TS3 startet with a hotkey launcher.

greetings

Team Speak Auto Launch

I have TeamSpeak 3 set to auto launch on Windows 7 when I log on.

However, since the last update I get the error message: 'No Icon pack found: "Default". I also loose all of my notification profiles and all the icons appear as text.

Fortunately, I can just close down TS3 and then boot it again it works fine.

Can anyone help me get the Auto-Launch working fine?

Thanks

Thread Information