Forum

Thread: Same IP 2 users

Same IP 2 users

I have a problem with a husband and wife duo in our guild that are on the same IP. Neither one shows up as a valid ID in the database according to tools internal to TS3 and if they both sign on one will in a few minutes get dropped. I suspect they are being assigned clone unique ID's and TS just doesn't "like" that. Even if it would force them to always the same nick, is there ANY way that I can assign them seperate unique ID's?
    T.I.A.
    Jim

Hello

You can't assign yourself the Unique ID. But you have an other way.

Just for this 2 users, set the i_max_clones permission.

Ts3Client => Permissions => Client Permissions
    Choose the client with the database ID and set the permission :
    - Value -> 0
    - Skip -> checked

Now only one user can use the unique ID.

Or (I am to slow)

They can create another identity for the second client under Settings > Identities.
    Then they have to select the new identity under Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks > More > Identity > Apply

I'm going to assume they use 2 separate computers and that would mean the both have different UIDs since each computer would have it's own identities.

When they log on what are their database ids? Are they the same or different?

Add both to your friends list and you can copy/paste the UIDs into a text editor to compare them but I highly doubt they both have the same UID if they are on different machines.

As Dante has said above, you can always create a 2nd, 3rd, or more identities and then select them in the bookmarks menu.

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    I'm going to assume they use 2 separate computers and that would mean the both have different UIDs since each computer would have it's own identities.

When they log on what are their database ids? Are they the same or different?

Add both to your friends list and you can copy/paste the UIDs into a text editor to compare them but I highly doubt they both have the same UID if they are on different machines.

As Dante has said above, you can always create a 2nd, 3rd, or more identities and then select them in the bookmarks menu.
    That's one of the really weird parts that makes me think that they are "sharing" uid's when they are on. Though they are both in my friends list,
    neither one shows up as a valid ID if I like try to send them an offline message. I get back a message that says that that is not a valid ID.

right click on each name and copy the UID to the clipboard then paste it in a text document. paste the 2nd directly under the first just to see that they are in fact different.

I would have both of them create a 2nd identity and join your server. Try to send an offline message to the 2nd identity and see what happens.

Oh, check with their current identities and see what their database id # is.

right click on each name and copy the UID to the clipboard then paste it in a text document. paste the 2nd directly under the first just to see that they are in fact different.

I would have both of them create a 2nd identity and join your server. Try to send an offline message to the 2nd identity and see what happens.

Oh, check with their current identities and see what their database id # is.
    neither currently has a DB ID......... Neither has logged into ts in quite a while since they got kinda tired of fightin the problem. Plus their son is on the HS Football team and season has just started so they are off at games, or I would just call 'em and have them both logon to play with some of these ideas. Thanks

Hope one of the ideas here helps. Let us know if you find the cause of the problem or a solution

Hope one of the ideas here helps. Let us know if you find the cause of the problem or a solution
    Will do that for sure! Thanks!
    Jim

Also please make sure that they are NOT connecting from their external IP address. Please relay that they are supposed to connect via their internal, 192.168.xxx.xxx or 10.0.x.x etc... address. Connecting from the inside out can cause problems I've seen.

Thread Information