Forum

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I've seen the same thing with Beta 30. Very strange that the system hasn't been slammed yet. I'll keep y'all updated on what I see happening but so far so good.

I'm running beta 30, launching via Automator. It seems to max less often but still does it.
    Always seems to be when noone connected, and certainly no admins running commands or queries.
    I'm only admin, and serverquery port closed.

I can confirm that beta 30 does max out less often, but still maxes out. The CPU consumption going to 100% always seems to be when no one is even logged into teamspeak, and there are no commands being ran on the server. Are your testers also testing starting a tspeak server with LaunchD, have a few connections for a few hours, then have everyone log off and leave the server running? I will make another post with my launchdeamon plist.

Launch Plist

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
            <key>GroupName</key>
            <string>admin</string>
            <key>Label</key>
            <string>com.tspeak.plist</string>
            <key>ProgramArguments</key>
            <array>
                    <string>/Volumes/RAID/ServerServices/teamspeak3-server_mac/ts3server_mac</string>
                    <string>inifile=ts3server.ini</string>
            </array>
            <key>RunAtLoad</key>
            <true/>
            <key>ServiceDescription</key>
            <string>Loads TeamSpeak on startup.</string>
            <key>UserName</key>
            <string>teamspeak</string>
            <key>WorkingDirectory</key>
            <string>/Volumes/RAID/ServerServices/teamspeak3-server_mac</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    we had now a mac server running for multiple days with heavy client and query load and dont had any issues yet ;(

thats with mysql and without. so something has to happen to produce this. maybe you use a special command? via query?
    I think this problems occurs mostly on instances running without connected clients at all...
    In my example, I use the OSX Server 10.6.5 in an old Core Duo MacBook Pro 17 I have here in my home.
    I was pretending to use the server as a substitute for skype, with 4 or 5 people at max so I didn't install even the free license.
    As for the bug, I have rebooted the machine yesterday before going to bed and now with just 8h30 uptime it's already blowing one of the processor cores. I think I connected myself from inside the LAN just to see if the thing was up and running, then disconnected... Than after midnight the server went like crazy.

For running the server, I wrote a single line in the applescript, then I opened the system preferences, users, and put the program into the "auto launch" list, with automatic login configured. Since it's for home use, i don't see any big deal with this.
    Code:
    do shell script "cd /Applications/TS3Server; ./ts3server_mac &> /dev/null 2> /Applications/TS3Server/logs/error.log &"
    As for now, since I still don't use the server for my friend's, i'm removing the auto-start from the list, then I'll wait for the next update to use the program again.
    I hope this helps you dev guys, try testing the server without clients.

we had now a mac server running for multiple days with heavy client and query load and dont had any issues yet ;(

thats with mysql and without. so something has to happen to produce this. maybe you use a special command? via query?
    I have almost identical hardware specs as the OP in his initial post and have the same issue.

What I did was, download the server ZIP file, extracted it and run it from terminal OldSkool: "sudo ./ts3server_mac". No parameters at all and no extras.

My Mac Mini runs with Mac OS X Server 10.6.6 and I have a local standard user logged in. However, it appears that only sudo can start the server (or I did something wrong). iStat Menu tells me in the end that sudo uses 100% CPU (1 core).

I just re-extracted the ZIP file, threw away the previous files and copied the just extracted ones into place.

As I needed to set up a few basics, I realized that after doing so the server already had this issue with the CPU (5-10 minutes uptime).

What I did:
    - Changed "Default Channel" into "Lobby" and changed its topic and description
    - Created another perm channel with topic and description and increased the default quality of "7" to "10"
    - Changed the server name

However, I cannot safely re-create this by changing things again afterwards.

Hope this information helps as well...

~100% CPU Utilization too

After reading this thread, I too can confirm that TS3 beta 30 is hammering the poop out of my Mini.

I am running Mac OS X Server 10.6.6. The server has been running for at least 2 days. The server starts up as a daemon since the server runs headless.

The Mini is a 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4GB of RAM available, 500GB 7200RPM HD. I am using SQLite and there are no users logged into the server.

Code:
    bash-3.2$ ps -f 99
      UID   PID  PPID   C     STIME TTY           TIME CMD
      501    99     1   0 695:51.78 ??       904:18.43 /Users/serveradmin/Desktop/teamspeak3-server_mac/ts3server_mac inifile=ts3server.ini
    bash-3.2$ ps -v 99
      PID STAT      TIME  SL  RE PAGEIN      VSZ    RSS   LIM     TSIZ  %CPU %MEM COMMAND
       99 Rs   906:32.29   0   0      0  2473064   6164     -        0  99.2  0.1 /Users/serveradmin/Desktop/teamspeak3-server_mac/ts3server_mac inifile=ts3server.ini
    bash-3.2$ ps -l 99
      UID   PID  PPID        F CPU PRI NI       SZ    RSS WCHAN     S     ADDR TTY           TIME CMD
      501    99     1     4004   0  47  0  2473064   6164 -      Rs    92562a0 ??       907:06.22 /Users/serveradmin/Desktop/teamspeak3-server_mac/ts3server_mac inifile=ts3server.ini
    bash-3.2$
    I run BOINK on the server so high CPU utilization was nothing I was ever concerned about. However, I had to check my installation to see if I was experiencing the same issue. Consider it confirmed.

Still no news on this, or any evidence that the dev team have managed to reproduce it.

A tip to reproduce (as others have said a few times).
    Install it, set it running using defaults. Leave it for a day.
    It doesn't need any load, even any users. It just maxes for some reason!

I'm really starting to consider alternatives, despite loving Teamspeak, and it being popular with our kinship.
    A server should not need to be checked twice a day to see if a process has gone crazy on it...

Hope we get a response this time!

Cheers,
    Westy

we will try this again on a different machine, all tries until now failed ;(

we will try this again on a different machine, all tries until now failed ;(
    Thanks, hope you can reproduce this time!

i'm also suffering from this issue.

Running on a mac mini server base install no clients using default sql db settings etc all around

there are pretty much zero clients on at any given time, however after about 12 hours or so server spikes a cpu to 100% and stays there. When inspecting the process it reports

parent process = launchd
    Recent hangs = 0
    Real memory size = 5.3m
    virtual memory size = 2.3GB - wtf?
    shared memory = 0
    private memory = 2.4m
    shared private memory = 41.8m

threads = 24
    page ins = 717
    ports = 70
    match messages in = 80
    CPU time = 36:20:47:24 - WTF? (hours:minutes:seconds:etc)
    match messages out = 179
    context switches = 199200199
    faults =
    match system calls = 65704
    unix system calls = 560044222

don't know about you guys but something is deffinately wonky
    i see hardy.teamspeak.4players.deipe_server listed as an open port and file as well.

Hey Ludwig, I'm starting to think that this "max cpu" thing only happens if the server is totally idle, no clients connected...
    Starts during midnight computer routines? Very strange also, I don't know what to think anymore, but it's what's happening.

We are still testing this issue. We added some more debug informations for our tests.

Just here to report that it does the same thing on my iMac that I have running the server. Here's the stats

iMac i5
    8GB RAM

Usually maxes out to 100% every few days, a simple shutdown of the TS3 and reboot fixes it usually.

If you need/want any more logs, please just let me know how to send them and I'll pass em over!

My TS3 CPU utilization dropped when I upgraded the server to Mac OS X Server 10.6.7. It's running around 1% CPU with no users connected.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thread Information