Forum

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    any updates? quite irritating to open up server admin to see that the cpu has been jacked up, i'm looking forward to a fix going into summer where it won't be unnecessarily heating up my AV closet (my mac mini is also a plex server).

and to confirm it is consistently happening after around 24 hours of run time.

* also wanted to say that my install is as stock as can be. using stock settings, no banners, no license keys, default database install. the only configuration i have done was to set it to auto launch when the computer starts via launchd and to setup the admin login.

looks like we identified the problem, next server release includes a fix.

Not as fixed as we thought...

I just caught my 3.0.0rc1 server pegged at 100% CPU, too. This is the first time I've noticed it, but I stopped monitoring it when I installed rc1 and it seemed to fix the problem. It's certainly better about it than beta30 was, but apparently still isn't perfect.

I, too, run a small, very-low use server for half a dozen or so people on a Mac Mini running 10.6.8. It's mostly default settings. The only things I've changed from default is I set up some permanent channels and I have a 30-minute silence kick, so people don't stay connected if they've taken off their headsets and forgotten about them.

Can you hold an eye on it please?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

50 hours uptime and still working fine. I'll keep checking in on it and let you know if I spot it again.

Had to reboot last night, and it's at 100% cpu again this morning. 9 hours uptime.

I've seen it a few more times, and I've noticed a pattern. I have the system set up to use launchd to launch ts3server_mac on boot and relaunch it if it gets killed. The only time I ever see the problem is if I've rebooted the machine and ts3 was launched at boot. It doesn't go to 100% CPU right away, but after a while, it can. (I'm not sure if it ALWAYS does or not yet.)

But... if I kill that process and let launchd relaunch it, the new process never seems to have the problem. Looking at the logs, I see an error that pops up when the process is launched at boot time, but not when it is launched later. Presumably because the network isn't fully set up yet. While I've never noticed this to affect connectivity, perhaps the CPU problem is related?

Log excerpt:

2011-07-03 17:00:33.522558|ERROR | | | TS3ANetwork::ResolveHostName failed error: 8 (nodename nor servname provided, or not known) 2
    2011-07-03 17:00:33.633102|ERROR | | | Could not open default UDP connection for weblist

We might have a lead on this Bug. I think it is related to it not resolving the weblist domainname at startup, as you hinted. I am assuming you are running ts3 under screen? To confirm we are right, could you try the following: Reboot your pc, wait untill ts3 is started. Then send something to stdin. For example, which screen go to teamspeak and press a key.

Now wait a maximum of 10 minutes. Your CPU usage% should be high.
    We are working on a fix, but we would like it confirmed that this creates the bug

I'm not sure I follow... by "screen" do you mean the Terminal? If so, then no, I'm not launching it via the terminal. I've set up a launch agent so that launchd launches it on boot, and will relaunch it if the process is killed. I cannot send anything to stdin that way. But in an attempt to test what you asked me to, I disabled the launch agent and launched ts3server_mac manually via the Terminal and then sent some input to stdin by hitting the spacebar a few times and then return. After 30 minutes, ts3server_mac was still only using about 1% CPU.

Thread Information