Forum

Text To Speech Volume Slider or Control

While a volume slider is much more user friendly, it doesnt bother me if theres just a volume field for the notifications or something else thats easier to develop, I just want some way to control it. I quite enjoy using TTS while on comms however without the ability to control the volume independently I find the balancing act between the volume of the game, volume of the people and volume of TTS to be near impossible to get just at the right level. I also see this was an option in TS2 and is still available in other apps, please bring it back!

TTS uses your operating system so if you need to make an adjustment to TTS you need to do it in the OS. You can also edit the TTS file in the TS directory to change the text that is read.

Audio Output and Input is also used by your OS. But for the sake of user friendliness the volume for those options was provided in TS so for one, its all in one place and two its all at the same volume level every time your on teamspeak. There is no independent volume control in the OS for TTS specifically, and I've seen other comms applications with this TTS volume capability, so the ability to integrate this function into a comms application is something that is possible.

There are also xml tags that can be used to modify the volume of TTS. However ive tried numerous ways to integrate those tags into the TS script and every-time I include those tags, the notification im using fails to load. I still think having this ability to simply change the tts volume in the ui is more user friendly then going and changing the tags for each notification manually in the script, which is why im posting this as a suggestion. But in the meantime can anyone point me in the direction to get the tags working?

Im trying to get this tag: <volume level="50"> </volume>
    to work somewhere in here:

CONNECTION_CONNECTED = say("Connected to ${servername}")
    CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED = say("Disconnected from ${servername}")
    CONNECTION_LOST_CONNECTION = say("Connection lost")

Ive tried integrating it in so many different ways, but have not had any luck.
    I either get a syntax is incorrect error or this one:
    ClientUI Warning Error querying output muted status when playing soundscript: 1799

Not sure what OS you are using but here's the info for WinXP.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306902

Yes I am running winXP, and thanks for the link. The problem is they say go here and change the volume for "text to speech" however there isnt one. You can change the rate but the volume is just the general audio mixer that controls the overall volume. So if i turn my supposed "text to speech" volume down, im turning all the volume in teamspeak and all the volume in game and all the volume in any other application down as well. This isn't really a viable option.

Im trying to get what Ernesto was doin in this thread working.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php?t=47415

But im also suggesting a tts volume slider be added to TS3 so if I can actually get this manual script entry to work it wont be so hard to manipulate in the future.

This is exactly what Im looking for:
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/622/ttsvolume.jpg

That's taken directly from another comms application, under the speech tab, controlling the rate and volume of the speech, directly in the application without having to go change anything in your OS's sound devices.

** Sorry my previous post got delayed in being posted as it wasn't approved right away so this was just a restating the last one*
    Last edited by BCCCCC; December 1st, 2010 at 04:31 AM.

So any chance in this being added? Or any alternatives to get the notification script to alter the volume properly?

As it was already said above.
    The client sends the command and all information to your OS and the rest belongs to your TS settings (the volume, what voice you hear, etc)

This can't be added or changed from developers side.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    As it was already said above.
    The client sends the command and all information to your OS and the rest belongs to your TS settings (the volume, what voice you hear, etc)

This can't be added or changed from developers side.
    Hmm, that may be the case for Windows but I still think on Mac each app sets it's own TTS volume. If someone knows a way to set it globally for Mac please let me know. I have it turned down for Ventrilo but TeamSpeak 3 is brutally loud.

how hard can it be

Ventrilo have done it

make a slider so we can turn TTS up and down

i can not get it to work with windowns 7 ultimate 64bit

@cryingstar
    Instead of complaining because you cannot get a function of your OS to work how about asking for help??? If you don't like TS3 as it is and are not willing to provide meaningful feedback then I suggest you use other software. Dante has already said this cannot be included.

I recommend you search the internet on Windows 7 TTS configuration and operation.

Thread Information