Forum

Notification volume issue

I've searched on "notification" and "notification sound", but I wasn't able to find anything useful (or, really, even relevant) in either search. I freely admit that my search-fu is terrible, so please forgive (and move the thread) if this is a duplicate.

I have the volume for TS3 set up nearly perfectly. The only problem is the volume for the connected / disconnected messages - if my connection comes up or down, or when someone enters the channel, the resulting notification is so incredibly loud, it's either actively painful (headset) or I jump out of my chair (speakers).

Under settings -> options -> notifications, I have "text to speech." Under playback, I have the "sound pack volume" at 4%. I can't find anyplace else to go changing this volume, but it desperately needs to be turned down.

If I change the notifications to "sound pack", it's presently at a decent level, but that doesn't give me the names of the people joining the channel. I will switch back to that if it's the only way to lower the volume, but I'd prefer to use the speech.

Help?

TTS is using your PC's TTS. You can try and change the volume down on your PC rather then on TS3.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTKA View Post
    TTS is using your PC's TTS. You can try and change the volume down on your PC rather then on TS3.
    If you wouldn't mind unpacking the acronym "TTS", that would be helpful.

Text To Speech

I was reading another thread on this issue as well, saying TTS is a windows setting which is why you cant adjust the volume in TS3. The issue with that is, so is every other basic function in TS3. Capture and playback are both windows settings however your still able to adjust the volume for those independently in the app. I know ventrilo has the capability to adjust the TTS volume and I think it would be great to have this ability in TS3. Its already hard enough trying to get the volume in games and TS3 at the right levels. Adding a 3rd to the mix (especially one that's not independently controllable) just makes it that much more difficult.

Not sure if its against site rules to list competitor applications, but if it is lemme know and I will edit it.

Thread Information