Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.0-beta29 Available

Greetings,

we are happy to announce the release of a new server build with version 3.0.0-beta29. There are a few things that are of importance:
    - Client version beta30 or higher is required to connect to the new server. As client beta30 was released 8 days ago users should have had ample time to upgrade by now.
    - Encryption of voice packets (that was previously always on) is now a configurable option and is off by default. Disabling encryption is especially useful for big servers as it cuts down on CPU usage. Voice data encryption is configurable on a server basis or on a per channel basis.
    - The ServerQuery interface now sends a "welcome message" upon connect. The change is minor, but some ServerQuery scripts out there might be confused by this.
    - removed i_client_kick_power permission and replaced it with i_client_kick_from_channel_power and i_client_kick_from_server_power.

Complete list of changes:
    Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.0-beta29 29 Sep 2010
    ! Voice packets are now not transfered encrypted by default. Added options to
      configure this behavior on virtual server or per channel level. Clients of 
      versions beta29 and earlier will not be able to communicate with new clients.
    ! removed permission i_client_kick_power and i_client_needed_kick_power        
    ! certain log messages, like query and accounting wont go anymore              
      to the database                                                              
    ! serverquery sends between the ts3 prompt also a new welcome message          
    ! token functions renamed to privilegekey (privilegekeyadd, privilegekeydelete, privilegekeyuse, privilegekeylist)
      old function names are still working but will be removed.                                                       
    + added permissions i_client_kick_from_server_power, i_client_needed_kick_from_server_power                       
      i_client_kick__from_channel_power, i_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power                                      
    + added permissions b_channel_modify_make_codec_encrypted, b_virtualserver_modify_codec_encryption_mode           
    + client kick from channel wont check for i_client_needed_move_power / i_client_move_power                        
    - fixed clientIDCache issues                                                                                      
    - property "instance_uptime" is now in seconds since 1970                                                         
    - fixed removing an offline client from channelgroup wont be logged                                               
    - fixed issues with serversnapshotdeploy and using invalid filepaths                                              
    - fixed issues with serversnapshotdeploy and writing zero database entries
    - fixed issues with serversnapshotdeploy where a failed deploy left invalid
      data
    - fixed users are shown in weblist, even when a server with reserved slots is empty

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    removed i_client_kick_power permission and replaced it with i_client_kick_from_channel_power and i_client_kick_from_server_power.
    This is nice! Finally.

Btw. Already updated after your Upload (9:55).

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    - property "instance_uptime" is now in seconds since 1970
    Does this mean all instance uptimes will show the current unix timestamp & not an actual uptime?

Quote Originally Posted by liv3d View Post
    Does this mean all instance uptimes will show the current unix timestamp & not an actual uptime?
    it is the uptime, just in seconds

Thanks for the hard work Devs! I'm curious though, who decided 1970 was where the server uptime should start??? lol I would think something more recent would have been used.

@Poisonpanik

This is the Timestamp Unix convention (write "timestamp unix" in google you will obtain the history of this convention).
    Last edited by florian_fr40; September 29th, 2010 at 01:54 PM.

AH HA! lol Guess I need to read up on that one

Gooday!

Is the welcome message sent by the serverquery able to be turned off or is it configurable?

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by damaboo View Post
    Is the welcome message sent by the serverquery able to be turned off or is it configurable?
    No it is not, that would overcomplicate things greatly. It is just a welcome message . Any script that can't handle it can be fixed very easily to ignore it.

"Channel voice data encryption" in "Edit virtual server" is greyed out (in "Edit channel" too). Where can i find informations on how to enable encryption again?

(Server x86-32 on Lenny, version 3.0.0-beta29 (updated from 3.0.0-beta28); Client 3.0.0-beta31 - Snow Leopard)

Thanks.

Make sure that you have

- b_virtualserver_modify_codec_encryption_mode
    - b_channel_modify_make_codec_encrypted

permissions in your server group.

Meh, obviously members of my Server Admin (6) group are not trustworthy: "insufficient permission modify power". How can i fix this?

Thanks.

The
    - i_group_modify_power
    - i_permission_modify_power

must be equal or greater that "i_group_needed_modify_power" or the server admin group or equal or greater than "Grant" permission of ....codec_encryption_mode permission.

Or, if you have the password of query account, you can modify it

Glad its out... now for the work of updating my servers.

Disappointed again with database changes. Why not have update commands like:
    Code:
    update perm_server_group set perm_id = 'i_client_kick_from_server_power' where perm_id = 'i_client_kick_power';
    Granted there would be more than one command, maybe as many as one for each perm_id and table with these permission. But for large hosts this would make for a simpler update.

I primarily consider the server side of the new kick permissions as the direct replacement for the old kick permission as that is how everyone I knew used it due to the confusing and problem with needed client move power to default channel.

But I just looked and found that not only are new permissions added with no regard for "previous" version of the setting, but the old ones are not cleaned from the database.

Quote Originally Posted by Trurl View Post
    Meh, obviously members of my Server Admin (6) group are not trustworthy: "insufficient permission modify power". How can i fix this?

Thanks.
    Sounds like you still have not set your i_group_auto_update_type permissions for your server and channel groups. You need to fix that ASAP to make future server updates less painful.

Thread Information