Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Works fine, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trurl View Post
    Meh, obviously members of my Server Admin (6) group are not trustworthy: "insufficient permission modify power". How can i fix this?

Thanks.
    Same here & get "insufficient permission modify power" for all of the following.

- b_virtualserver_modify_codec_encryption_mode
    - b_channel_modify_make_codec_encrypted

- i_group_modify_power
    - i_permission_modify_power

i_group_auto_update_type

Any thoughts?

hey

If you send em your teamspeak info i can help you with it my email addy is samodfds********.co.uk
    Last edited by Samodfds; September 30th, 2010 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorProject View Post
    Same here & get "insufficient permission modify power" for all of the following.

- b_virtualserver_modify_codec_encryption_mode
    - b_channel_modify_make_codec_encrypted

- i_group_modify_power
    - i_permission_modify_power

i_group_auto_update_type

Any thoughts?
    Please review this thread from the beta21 release about those settings.

Works fine here.
    Nice to have Serverkick and Channelkick like it was in TS2

Also, I've look more into the database this evening and altered my view on the kick permissions. Updated my view to be like that.

For channel groups and client to channel permissions move any existing kick_power permissions to just the kick_from_channel permissions.

For server groups and client permissions use any existing kick_power for both kick_from_channel and kick_from_server.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Sounds like you still have not set your i_group_auto_update_type permissions for your server and channel groups. You need to fix that ASAP to make future server updates less painful.
    Permissions were severely f*****, i dropped all tables and had teamspeak set up a fresh version. AFAIR i did everything that was mentioned in the release notes of every new server version there was, but obviously i missed something. Pita.
    Our server has something about ~30 users, so it was manageable.

Thanks anyway.

Edit: I'm using mysql, not sqlite

whats with the new premissions and my sqlite Database from Beta28?

Must i added the Premission in the Database?
    Or i can only upload the new beta29 files on my Server end restart it, without any special Databse changes and it works correctly?!

Be sure you have the auto-update permission set on your server then just upload the new files and you're good.

thank you <3

Repaired to add default encrypted permissions and update the permissions version setting to prevent the errors caused when the server attempts to add server permissions that it didn't think should already be there.

Two notes, below code updates the kick permissions how I think they should (existing server groups and clients permissions kick permissions are applied to both kick_from_server and kick_from_channel settings and existing channel, client_to_channel and channel_groups kick permissions migrate to kick_from_channel) and the new encryption settings are the defaults for the new settings.

If you want the encryption on by default update as follows:
    • The insert into channel_properties table for the channel_codec_is_unencrypted permission change '1 as value' to '0 as value'
    • The insert into server_properties table for the virtualserver_codec_encryption_mode permission change '0 as value' to '2 as value'

DO NOT RUN ON DATABASE THAT IS ALREADY RUN WITH SERVER BETA29. Run after stopping beta28 before starting beta29 or use a beta28 backup.

Code:
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select server_id, id1, id2, 'i_client_kick_from_channel_power' as perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip from perm_server_group where perm_id = 'i_client_kick_power';
    update perm_server_group set perm_id = 'i_client_kick_from_server_power' where perm_id = 'i_client_kick_power';
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select server_id, id1, id2, 'i_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power' as perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip from perm_server_group where perm_id = 'i_client_needed_kick_power';
    update perm_server_group set perm_id = 'i_client_needed_kick_from_server_power' where perm_id = 'i_client_needed_kick_power';
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select server_id, id1, id2, 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_from_channel_power' as perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip from perm_server_group where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_power';
    update perm_server_group set perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_from_server_power' where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_power';
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select server_id, id1, id2, 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power' as perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip from perm_server_group where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_power';
    update perm_server_group set perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_from_server_power' where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_power';
    insert into perm_client (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select server_id, id1, id2, 'i_client_kick_from_channel_power' as perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip from perm_client where perm_id = 'i_client_kick_power';
    update perm_client set perm_id = 'i_client_kick_from_server_power' where perm_id = 'i_client_kick_power';
    insert into perm_client (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select server_id, id1, id2, 'i_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power' as perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip from perm_client where perm_id = 'i_client_needed_kick_power';
    update perm_client set perm_id = 'i_client_needed_kick_from_server_power' where perm_id = 'i_client_needed_kick_power';
    insert into perm_client (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select server_id, id1, id2, 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_from_channel_power' as perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip from perm_client where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_power';
    update perm_client set perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_from_server_power' where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_power';
    insert into perm_client (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select server_id, id1, id2, 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power' as perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip from perm_client where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_power';
    update perm_client set perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_from_server_power' where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_power';
    update perm_channel_clients set perm_id = 'i_client_kick_from_channel_power' where perm_id = 'i_client_kick_power';
    update perm_channel_clients set perm_id = 'i_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power' where perm_id = 'i_client_needed_kick_power';
    update perm_channel_clients set perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_from_channel_power' where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_power';
    update perm_channel_clients set perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power' where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_power';
    update perm_channel_groups set perm_id = 'i_client_kick_from_channel_power' where perm_id = 'i_client_kick_power';
    update perm_channel_groups set perm_id = 'i_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power' where perm_id = 'i_client_needed_kick_power';
    update perm_channel_groups set perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_from_channel_power' where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_power';
    update perm_channel_groups set perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power' where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_power';
    update perm_channel set perm_id = 'i_client_kick_from_channel_power' where perm_id = 'i_client_kick_power';
    update perm_channel set perm_id = 'i_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power' where perm_id = 'i_client_needed_kick_power';
    update perm_channel set perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_from_channel_power' where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_kick_power';
    update perm_channel set perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_from_channel_power' where perm_id = 'i_needed_modify_power_client_needed_kick_power';
    insert into channel_properties (server_id, id, ident, value) select distinct server_id, id, 'channel_codec_is_unencrypted' as ident, 1 as value from channel_properties ;
    insert into perm_channel_groups (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select distinct server_id, id1, id2, 'b_channel_modify_make_codec_encrypted' as perm_id, 1 as perm_value, 0 as 
    perm_negated, 0 as perm_skip from perm_channel_groups where perm_id = 'i_group_auto_update_type' and perm_value = 5 ;
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select distinct server_id, id1, id2, 'b_virtualserver_modify_codec_encryption_mode' as perm_id, 1 as perm_value, 0 as perm_negated, 0 as perm_skip from perm_server_group where perm_id = 'i_group_auto_update_type' and ( perm_value = 1 or perm_value = 2 ) ;
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select distinct server_id, id1, id2, 'i_needed_modify_power_channel_modify_make_codec_encrypted' as perm_id, 100 as perm_value, 0 as perm_negated, 0 as perm_skip from perm_server_group where ( perm_id = 'i_group_auto_update_type' and  perm_value = 1 ) ;
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select distinct server_id, id1, id2, 'i_needed_modify_power_channel_modify_make_codec_encrypted' as perm_id, 75 as perm_value, 0 as perm_negated, 0 as perm_skip from perm_server_group where ( perm_id = 'i_group_auto_update_type' and  perm_value = 2 ) ;
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select distinct server_id, id1, id2, 'i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_codec_encryption_mode' as perm_id, 100 as perm_value, 0 as perm_negated, 0 as perm_skip from perm_server_group where ( perm_id = 'i_group_auto_update_type' and  perm_value = 1 ) ;
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select distinct server_id, id1, id2, 'i_needed_modify_power_virtualserver_modify_codec_encryption_mode' as perm_id, 75 as perm_value, 0 as perm_negated, 0 as perm_skip from perm_server_group where ( perm_id = 'i_group_auto_update_type' and  perm_value = 2 ) ;
    insert into perm_server_group (server_id, id1, id2, perm_id, perm_value, perm_negated, perm_skip) select distinct server_id, id1, id2, 'b_channel_modify_make_codec_encrypted' as perm_id, 1 as perm_value, 0 as perm_negated, 0 as perm_skip from perm_server_group where ( perm_id = 'i_group_auto_update_type' and  perm_value = 2 );
    insert into server_properties (server_id, id, ident, value) select distinct server_id, id, 'virtualserver_codec_encryption_mode' as ident, 0 as value from server_properties ;
    update instance_properties set value = 8 where ident = 'serverinstance_permissions_version' ;
    Any chance the developers could PM me the permission version update SQLs. So I know if I missed any.
    Last edited by Screech; October 5th, 2010 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Fixed SQL to prevent errors when server attempting to update to permission version 8

Repaired SQL above to not cause errors due to server also attempting to update permission version to 8.

Thread Information