Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GameTracker issue after update

Hello,

After the upgrade to beta 29, our clients can't add there server listed in gameTracker. Also server listed are sometimes up and afterwards down.

Is there a change made in permissions of serverlist ?

Not familiar with GameTracker. Does it connect to the server via the query port? If it does could this notice about beta29 by the cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    - The ServerQuery interface now sends a "welcome message" upon connect. The change is minor, but some ServerQuery scripts out there might be confused by this.

Same Idea.

My team received several warnings for this new welcome message make several errors on some script developed by the hosts.

It has to work

Yes it get's his info via the query port and the command serverlist.

You maybe right on the welcome message and the custom scripts

Quote Originally Posted by flightwatch View Post
    Yes it get's his info via the query port and the command serverlist.

You maybe right on the welcome message and the custom scripts
    So now because of this unnecessary Welcome message Gametracker status doesn't work anymore ?

Thats just great.

TSViewer still works, not sure why GT would stop working.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    TSViewer still works, not sure why GT would stop working.
    I cannot tell you whats different, fact is it worked til now and now its not anymore. Its not their fault that it doesn't. They didn't change anything.

Why was it necessary to add a automated, not to disable, welcome message, especially since almost every server has their own welcome message set anyways. But at least that wasn't conflicting with anything else.

Gametracker has the better looking Server Status to be included in Websites, thats why I use that and not TSViewer. But now it seems I am screwed.

I agree, GT has a better looking option. Just wanted to inform the masses that the other option was working and could be used as a stand-in until something is worked out for the GT issue.

Besides, TSViewer still can't display certain characters right. So if you use Special Characters in Channel or Spacer Names, it looks more ugly than I can begin to describe.

I will not switch to TSViewer Status viewer for my Website. Now GT has to find out how to make it work again. This wasn't necessary. Why do people always change things that aren't needed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfseye View Post
    This wasn't necessary. Why do people always change things that aren't needed ?
    Simple enough, Teamspeak is not Open Source software so the devs can add/remove/change whatever they want regardless of the opinion the community has on the changes. The only consquence can be a difference in popularity of their software product.

It is also to be noted that Teamspeak is still in Beta which means that functional and cosmetic changes in the software will occur more frequently than in a final product and might at any time break third party software that relies on the beta to provide services.
    Another formulation would be :
    Beta software is never meant for use on a productive system/platform!
    Gametracker probably knew all of this and I dont hear(/read) them complaining about the Teamspeak update breaking their service. They will just silently adapt their software and have their services running again as soon as possible.

Sorry for ranting, but I feel this had to be said as I have lately read a lot of threads complaining about how the ever changing beta keeps breaking stuff that relies on older versions even though the constant change and optimization is the very definition of a beta. People need to know the above mentioned rule about productive systems and if they act adversely live with the consequences.

This is a reason I think that there should be a way of select people that develop add-on or that test the server to get early access to them. So that they can review the changes and have a fix ready to support the new server version when it goes live.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by TheMinz View Post
    Sorry for ranting, but I feel this had to be said as I have lately read a lot of threads complaining about how the ever changing beta keeps breaking stuff that relies on older versions even though the constant change and optimization is the very definition of a beta. People need to know the above mentioned rule about productive systems and if they act adversely live with the consequences.
    To reply on that I gotta go more offtopic, which has nothing to do with the thread itself of course.

+++OFFTOPIC+++
    You gotta be kidding me. After almost 4-5 years when they first talked about TS3, now that it came out it felt more like the longest Alpha phase ever, and you're telling me that we can't complain about TS3 breaking things that could have been checked on long before ?

People have a right to be disappointed and say when they are, as long as the proper language is used and no insults. If that isn't allowed...

Last time I created a thread, wondering why it is that countries like the US or nearby seem to be more other Voice Tools related (refraining myself from posting names this time). It was a reasonable question, which of course one can only assume its answer to, but still, it would be a just a discussion which wouldn't insult or advertise anyone. But what happend is that it was closed and put into the Trash Section.

It wasn't even a criticism, it was a question, not more. I mean, come on.
    And if this post now leads to even more bad reputation for my account, but I am sure that there are also others that see it that way, and banning me now would be a good example of how companies push-back as soon as they are confronted with questions they dont like.
    +++OFFTOPIC+++

And I think I have put my oppinion nicely, without any insults or rude language.

Hi there,

we are in beta, things change. Gametracker needs to update their code if it fails due to the new welcome message (probably a 1 line change that can be done in < 5mins). They will do so quickly unless their project is dead anyhow, so take a chill pill guys. The new welcome message is a good thing as it instructs you on how to use the query interface. Making the welcome message configurable is a bad idea and would just result in a more complicated interface for any future server query scripts (as you cannot know if you'll get the welcome message or not).
    You think my answer is stupid ? Read This:
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-...ons.html#intro

In a world without fences and walls - who needs windows and gates ?

I filed a bug report with the Gametracker guys so maybe they'll get the update done if they haven't started working on it already.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by poisonpanik View Post
    I filed a bug report with the Gametracker guys so maybe they'll get the update done if they haven't started working on it already.
    Thanks @ Poisonpanik.

Thread Information