Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

ToDo List [old thread] IPv6 support

This thread is closed for
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...uggestion-IPv6

Hi,

while I have read that IPv6 support is delayed until after beta, I'd hereby like to point out that there's some demand for that.

Also, I'm a network operator, so if I can do anything to help the devs with for IPv6, just drop me a PM. I'll happily answer v6 specific questions and can run ts3 test versions -- environments with IPv6 connectivity currently exist for Linux and FreeBSD servers and Mac clients.

Thanks.
    Last edited by dante696; February 15th, 2013 at 01:27 PM.

ToDo List IPv6 support?

Hello all.

The dreaded "IPv4 addresses are over!" event has, technically, happened at last. The last address blocks have been allocated on 2/3 and while there are still unused addresses around, it can't be denied that the end is nearing.

Furthermore, TS3 is now at least partially out of the "beta" phase and into rc, a big step to the "stable" version. I was then wondering if there is any plan for adding IPv6 support that is more defined than "sometime after open beta", as the FAQs say. Testing should be fairly easy to do now that there are several brokering services for obtaining IPv6 connectivity to IPv4 networks.

I can't seem to find anything recent on the forum and so I decided to open this thread to call for some "official" declaration, if at all possible. Not asking for dates, but knowing if there is any hope for this in an not-too-far future would be nice

This will be added after our final release. We discussed about it, before the first beta released.

Like I said...nothing recent.

But yeah, that's fine. It can't be that far off now, can it?

The list for 3.1 is so long and we need to filter out the useless things. I am sure IPv6 is definitly a must have for the future.

I am also running dual stacked servers. The only application that does not have IPv6 is teamspeak. The FAQs say that IPv6 will be after beta and we are now at Release candidates and I still see no IPv6. I can't wait to test a teamspeak release that contains IPv6. I am waiting in anticipation.

Teamspeak is currently my only application that is not IPv6 capable and I am running dual stacked right now.

If you had used the search function you'd have found this thread...

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...r-IPv6-support

When can we get an ETA on implementation for this? My IPv4 network is becoming increasingly unreliable. As such all my network data is going IPv6 where fully supported and as of right now only TS is non-ipv6. It makes it hard to connect and use TS3 when the IPv4 route fails randomly.

Prime example in my use case.

IPv4 local node at local ISP goes down. (Yes I've called them, they say its fine)
    All IPv4 access to the internet with select routes is D.O.A. IPv6 network unaffected.
    TS Goes offline as with 1/2 of the internet (due to IPv4 Connectivity)
    Primary sites still work that are Dual Stacked, I still can log in to and manage my Server as it is dual stacked

After an undetermined amount of time. Anywhere between 30mins to 2days, IPv4 network is restored and working again. Thus I can finally reconnect to TS.

Oh and if you really want to know my ISP, it is a large corp that has presence in the NE and other areas of the country. They own NBC now, still they have crap service

amwdrizz

EDIT: Fact correction, they do not own NBC, they own NBC with controlling share as is apparent since 2009... Anyways, still sub par service. Also fixed a words.
    Last edited by amw_drizz; February 8th, 2013 at 12:10 AM.

Please, at least make the licensing check V6 ready.
    I've had some DDOS that end with a null routing of my server for 8 hours.
    Meanwhile IPV6 is up.
    If i reboot my server, TS3 server won't start because of that.
    And when IPV4 came back the server wasn't restarted because of licensing check that fail on IPV6 only connexions.

When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information