Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[outdated thread][Push to talk: No hotkey assigned

before you post your problem here. Read this post link to the post

I can't set a push to talk key, when I push the button to set a key I get the popup telling me to select a key, it wont accept any key I enter and clicking back button on mouse it makes a bell sound but does nothing, only way out is pushing esc which cancels the popup.
    Last edited by dante696; March 1st, 2011 at 01:31 PM.

Push to talk problem

I have the same problem to the letter as yours...

try unplugging any extra peripherals and then starting TS3 and assign a hotkey.

Hello,

sure there are still some improvements to do !
    --> short message to the development team but they are doing a huge and great work ! :-)
    For example, I have an error message when I close the TS3 ... but it's an other history and I hope it will be solved in the next release.
    However, I had the same problem that you but I've found now the solution.
    Short sentence for a good solution : "Re-activate your UAC" ... the user account control, you will find normally in the START -> Control Panel -> USERS ACCOUNTS.
    I can not remember why I desactivated this UAC but I remember that it was for a good reason. However now, I had to re-activate it in order to be able to assign a HOTKEY for the PTT and the WHISPER.
    It was not the case in TS2 ... and for sure the Development team will find a solution to this problem.
    I hope it helps a lot of you.
    Have a nice communication with your new PUSH TO TALK on TS3.
    Best regards,
    Alexis - FSX - FrenchAirForce VA
    FAF067

Cannot assign hotkeys

Hello,

I updated my TS3 client earlier today and ever since the update I cannot assign a hotkey. The only two I have tested are the Push-To-Talk assignment and the Whisper hotkey (Tools>Whisper List). In both cases, I can click the button to assign a key, the gray box pops up, but will never register any keys. The only one it has found so far is the ESC key to exit the assignment window. I have a friend who is also experiencing the same problem.

Thanks!

Remove your Saitek device(s), if you own a gamepad or joystick from them.
    Last edited by dante696; October 15th, 2010 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Remove your Saitek device(s), if you own a gamepad or joystick from them.
    You've got to be joking. I have to disable my Saitek peripherals just to set my PTT key?? Please tell me that 'feature' isn't going to be a long-term addition to TS3.

/edit/

Wow, he's not joking. I Unplugged my X-45, and was instantly able to alter my PTT key. Once changed, I could plug my X-45 back into the USB port and use it normally, and my PTT key stayed assigned where I selected. Odd work-around, but it works.
    Last edited by WWSandMan; October 15th, 2010 at 03:07 AM. Reason: updated

The Saitek problem has been a known issue for quite some time. I am sure the devs are doing what they can to correct this but till then you just have to unplug the device(s) until you get everything set the way you want it.

Same problem here, have disabled the Saitek Devices and still not able to set-the Push to Talk Key, Which makes TS3 Un-usable for me

And what if you have no Saitek devices but have the exact same error since the last update?

and How can i assign a PTT key ON my Saitek device ?

Lasar, assigning a key (for any use, PTT or any other function) on your Saitek peripherals requires using the appropriate Saitek software to confugure your device. That is not a TeamSpeak issue or problem to solve.

Check this link for drivers/software for your Saitek gear: http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php

Push to Talk button stops working

Apparently this has happened to many different people with both Team Speak 2 and 3, but no solution has ever been reached, that I can find in the forums.

First off, I'm checking to see if anyone of those people who have had this problem, ever found a way to fix it?

Either way, here is my problem:

While using Team Speak 3, it works fine for a while I can talk/listen just fine but then at a indeterminate interval, my Push to Talk button fails. I can still hear everyone else just fine, but when I push my Push to Talk button, the blue light fails to light up, and I am not allowed to speak on Team Speak 3. I've noted instances where it occurs prior to 10 minutes, and instances where it takes over 30 minutes to happen. There is no identifiable source of the problem. It happens when I have multiple games open, only one game open, no games open (only a web browser).

I am using Vista Home Premium SP2, 32 bit. I am currently using a Creative SB X-Fi sound card.

Things I have tried that did not help: (Mostly suggestions from other posts)
    Using various keys including R-Ctrl, L-Ctrl, several letters / number pad keys.
    I have clean slated Team Speak 3, and reinstalled twice. I have double checked my sound drivers and Direct X and both are up to date.
    I have 'run as administrator' and ran normally.
    I have tried 4 different headsets including two cheap old pieces of crap I had laying around (That do work just fine), as well as a fairly new Plantronics one (That I purchased a couple months ago) and a brand new Logitech ClearChat Premium PC headset, that I purchased today.
    I have tried my computer at two different locations with two different ISPs. Same problem at both locations. I have tried two different wireless receivers (A Linksys and a Netgear) on my computer and a hardline connection.

Things that have been suggested but I have not had the opportunity to try:
    Using a different sound card all together.

Also of note : I have been having an intermittent crash error as well, sometimes when I connect to various TS3 servers. I have sent the dmp file to the forums, but even when I do not get this error, I still have the Push to Talk issue.

I have run out of things I can think of to try, if anyone has any other ideas, or would like any other spec information, please let me know

All,

Still the Same problem, I Cannot assign hot keys I get the pop-up window saying hit press the "hotkey combination" or ESC to cancel or to clear the hotkey is there any work around??
    Windows 7 64 bit client

Quick Up-date, In fact I can not assign any key, All I get is the "pop-up window saying hit press the "hotkey combination" or ESC to cancel or to clear the hotkey"
    And Yes I am running this as the Administrator, I have also removed ALL of the Controllers from the system, and still can not assign a Key, of any type from the keyboard, I have un-installed TS3 cleaned all of the entries from the registry, re-install but still the same.

Thread Information